A great choice!
By cyclistman on
2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
This car/crossover rocks. I've got 1700 miles on it, with no problems whatsoever (it's an Acura). I researched the Q5, X3, a quick look at the XC60, and briefly considered the RAV-4 V6. Glad I went with tech. The car was the best "package" for me - a great blend of performance, luxury, comfort, utility. For the most part (and I'm picky), it's got all the features I wanted in my next car, and it continues to impress me with the ride quality, power on delivery, fit and finish, interior quality, awesome sound system with the tech package. The ergonomics make sense to me, the size is roomy, but not big. Loving the gas mileage! I highly recommend it, and aim to keep it for many years.
Favorite Features
ride quality, gas mileage (got 30.8 mpg on a recent mountain highway trip, and average 24 in mixed driving), size, seat comfort, interior quality, sound system, ease of navigation system and voice controls (still getting used to that feature, though), bluetooth ease and quality of sound, power, techie features, rear view camera, xenons are nice, Pandora interface - cool, paddle shifters in sport mode (handy for the mountains to hold gears), brake power, looks. Hopefully reliability keeps me a stranger to the dealership.
Suggested Improvements
While the RDX should be commended on blending so many great features in one cohesive package, here's what I miss/want: height adjustment for passenger seat (come on) roof rails should be standard, and not a $1,000 option (ouch) Would trade a bit of the spacious rear seat room for another couple of inches of storage in back power delivery is not as linear as the German brands looks too much like a small MDX? iPhone has to be unplugged and plugged in again sometimes to function properly with music no rear seat vents! handling is a bit soft for my taste no panoramic Sunroof no parking distance beeping sensors more color choices rear seats don't fold flat (they do in CR-V) All these are minor.
By dretjoe
on 07/18/12 20:58 PM (PDT)

hi cyclist man, great review on the RDX. I am looking at this car as well and I was hoping that you can answer some questions regarding the rear vents. Does it get super hot in the back per your passengers or not that bad? Thanks!