Used 2013 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

2013 Acura RDX SUV

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

I love my RDX.
By hondacom

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2013 RDX three months ago. I downsized from a full size truck to this SUV. I wanted one a few years ago but decided to wait for the V6 engine. It uses about 30% less fuel than my truck did. I do most of my driving in the city and the shorter wheelbase makes maneuvering in traffic and parking easy. This vehicle fits me like a glove.

The silky smooth V6, superb brakes and the AWD feature. Awesome sound system with the Tech package.

Something to prevent the slush and ice from building up at the bottom of the doors. Longer mud guards might help.

Very happy but would like more options
By sbrows

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in our 2007 MDX for the RDX for the better gas mileage. We have had the RDX for 3 months and are very happy with the gas mileage. We are averaging about 23 to 26 miles per gallon with mixed highway and city driving.
The RDX has plenty of pick up and drives very smoothly but still sporty. My husband likes it so much that he is now driving it and has left me with his BMW five series because he finds the RDX so much more comfortable (he's 6'1" and there's plenty of leg and head room)
We have not experienced any of the other negative ride quality issues that other reviewers have complained of.

Real-time traffic is really helpful. I am also enjoying all of the hands-free features. Even though our MDX offered them, it seems easier to use. I also really like the extra storage compartments in the front console - it is a great place for the cell phone charger and other miscellaneous items with easy access. Since my husband has taken over this car, I will probably trade in his BMW for the new MDX when it comes out.

Acura needs to add one more option package with more luxury features for this vehicle. For example, this car does not have automatic steering wheel adjustments. It is a lever that requires manual adjusting. I would also appreciate the option of a heated steering wheel and wood accents on the interior and rear ventilation controls. The navigation system does require a few more steps than the old system, however, I have not found it to be overly cumbersome.

Meets my expectations
By spottedone

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have close to 11k miles on my RDX. I wanted an SUV that was fun to drive and yet got better gas mileage than my 2011 Highlander. I know I did not need the size of the MDX. I call my RDX my high performance sports car. The gas mileage has met my expectations. I mainly drive in the city and am averaging 23-24mpg. The only complaint I have is the tires losing traction while turning from a stop. This makes me wish I had opted for the AWD. I believe that the naviagtion system is too cumbersome having to press too many buttons. Further the car designers could have opted for more flair. The RDX is rather bland.

Ride Quality, Lack of outside noise, Power and gas mileage.

More lighting in cargo area. Better interior lighting. Touch screen controls. Get rid of warning alerts on nav system. It needs to stand out as a Luxury SUV.

Purchased RDX with Tech 2 weeks ago
By endoellen

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Has great pick up and shifts smooth as I would have expected.
My previous car was an Acura TL 2006 which I really liked.
Voice commands for phone, navigation, audio, etc. is not real user friendly.
Too many commands to be used.
It was easier to use voice commands with the bluetooth in the TL without navigation.
Disappointed in gas mileage.
Sticker states estimated 20 city and 28 hwy.
My first tank of premium fuel with combined 60 miles of hwy driving and the rest city only got 17.5 mpg.
On my 2nd fill up I traveled to the dealer & back today approx. 120 miles hwy & it shows average of 23mpg.
Not what I expected. My 2006 TL got 20 city & 28-30 Hwy consistently.

I do like the hard drive that copies and stores your music from your CD's. Disappointed that you can not download music to it from your phone or IPOD. Love the power tailgate, the bronze/brown interior carpet & mats with the parchment interior.

Passenger front seat sits too low & height can not be adjusted:(( needs improvement! Voice commands need to be more user friendly. You have to push talk button 3 different times and say 3 things to accomplish one!! They need to add rear air vents and power plug in for rear passengers. Almost all other vehicles have this standard now and I'm surprised that Acura engineers designed with out these features. Would like to have had back up sensors (warning) with the backup camera.

Great well equipped SUV.
By marky1020

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had it for 1 week now and so far, so good.
Drives exceptionally well and is more car-like then SUV like.
Traded in a 10 year old Hyundai Santa Fe which I felt was a bit of a choppy ride.
Also had a Jeep Cherokee 15 some odd years ago which was totally truck like based on its 4x4 platform.
Of the 3, the Acura feels like driving a car while still having the benefits of riding higher, hauling more when needed and having AWD. Of course you can get AWD on some cars, but my feeling is that once you start driving an SUV, it's hard to go back into a car..not impossible, just hard.

*Very reasonable amount of front and rear space *Like the Tech package (will take some time to learn.. *The ability to open and lock doors and start the engine without taking the key out of my pocket. *Acura has longer power-train coverage then most other autos in this class.

*Although I don't miss not having them, there are several other "tech" items ..lane departure..blind spot, rain sensitive wipers..etc. which other companies offer as options that Acura does not. I like the package they put together and are priced well against other rivals. I'll bet if they put another package together including some of those items, people would buy. Overall, I really don't have any complaints with this after driving for a week. Tech package will take some time to master, but that is to be expected. One manufacture suggestion I have through is to offer Built in Child Booster seats as Volvo does. GREAT feature for people with children. I don't think Volvo has patten.