2013 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
Awful Voice Dialing Takes the Joy Out.
By roadrunner56 on 08/22/12 08:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased a 2013 RDX AWD with Tech Package about 3 months ago. Overall impressions of the car are good, but voice dialing is a disaster. Here's a comparison of the steps necessary for pre-2013 v. 2013 voice dialing: Pre-2013 1. Press Call-Pick Up 2. Say name (and dialing initiated immediately). 2013 (per manual) 1. Press Voice Command 2. Say "Dial by Voice Tag" 3. Wait for beep, and Press Voice Command 4. Say name. 5. Wait for system to repeat name back and beep. 6. Press Voice Command 7. Say "Dial." Not only is the new approach slow and frustrating, in my view it's downright dangerous since it lengthens substantially the interval when the driver is distracted

Great Car
By mongomrp on 08/19/12 16:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2013 Acura RDX about two months ago. This is a great vehicle. I have not seen much advertising or talk about the RDX so I thought I'd speak up for it. My two most recent vehicles were a 2006 Nissan Murano (still in the family) and a 2011 Honda CRV (traded it in for the RDX). I like the RDX far better than either of those. It has a smooth quiet ride, good power and gets 22.5 mpg in mixed city street and city freeway driving. It looks great, it drives well and I'd recommend it to anyone who asked.

2013 RDX
By johnmsc on 08/02/12 21:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the new RDX AWD with Tech in early July and have just driven from Minnesota to Arizona. The vehicle is most everything we hoped it would be. We compared and drove most every compact suv and picked the RDX because we felt it was the best value for a well equipped suv. While the RDX is not the most nimble handling in its segment it is IMO the most comfortable. We averaged 28.6 MPG on the trip, better than I hoped for. This car is a great road trip car, again comfortable, quiet w/ very little driver fatigue after hours behind the wheel. The smooth and plentiful power of the V6 was a joy in the mountains and passing. We like the car and would make the decision to buy [it again.

Perfect at the price
By eastbaysteve on 06/30/12 10:29 AM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drive 30k per year and go through a lot of vehicles. Comfort, performance and reliability are all critical for me. This car covers all of them - best for the $ by far.

Honest 2013 Acura RDX FWD Base Review
By madrye28 on 06/29/12 19:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great overall vehicle. Was a little nervous that they moved to electric power steering and took away the SH-AWD, but this car is SUBSTANTIALLY better than the outgoing 2012 model. The handling is precise and the ride is fantastic....a great balance. Fuel Economy on premium has been 23-25 MPG's on mixed city/highway use,FWD model. Pretty stellar for such a powerful 3.5 V-6. Overall, a fantastic vehicle. Even though some key features are missing (will explain later), you CANNOT get any car in this price class with this amount of standard equipment. Test drove BMW X3, Mercedes GLK and Audi Q5, and neither has the ride quality/handling balance that this car has, AND for thousands less

A great choice!
By cyclistman on 06/27/12 19:55 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car/crossover rocks. I've got 1700 miles on it, with no problems whatsoever (it's an Acura). I researched the Q5, X3, a quick look at the XC60, and briefly considered the RAV-4 V6. Glad I went with tech. The car was the best "package" for me - a great blend of performance, luxury, comfort, utility. For the most part (and I'm picky), it's got all the features I wanted in my next car, and it continues to impress me with the ride quality, power on delivery, fit and finish, interior quality, awesome sound system with the tech package. The ergonomics make sense to me, the size is roomy, but not big. Loving the gas mileage! I highly recommend it, and aim to keep it for many years.

13 RDX w AWD & tech pkg
By rambob on 06/26/12 17:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm constantly surprised at just how much I enjoy this vehicle every day. It is just the right size- not too big nor too small. The engine gives grunt when you want it- I've chirped the wheels a few times :-) The interior is very comfortable and spacious-everything is right where it is supposed to be. Fit & finish is perfect-no issues popping up in the first 30 days of ownership. City mileage has been 19 so far with little highway driving. Was waiting for 13 Escape, 13 Terrain Denali- both priced higher similarly optioned- glad I didn't wait!

Basque Red Base
By dorse on 06/03/12 11:24 AM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very pleased to find this much power with good gas mileage. Quality is excellent and the car looks great - I especially like the basque red. The cylinder deactivation system is flawless - you can only tell when it is in use by watching the digital bar graph for mileage jump from 20 to 30+. Initial impressions on gas mileage are 19-20 in pure city and 27-28 for all highway. May get a bit better with more miles on it. Car is too new to evaluate reliability - I gave it a 5 since my 98 acura integra has 212k miles on it and has been reliable.

2013 RDX
By ps5 on 05/31/12 17:41 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Jumping to RDX from 2000 Sienna was a change. I was looking forward to new technology.

Excellent Value!
By cohermit on 05/30/12 16:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Acura has put in alot of effort to make this thing fun to drive. It has plenty of power to go fast or you can throttle down to conserve fuel. I have fill up this car 4 tims and average over 25 MPG (from real calculation). I also own a honda pilot. And I have to say this RDX's second row is just as spacious. Aside from all the quality others already mentioned I feel this car is a great value. I have cross shopped and test drove X3, Q5, XC60 and GLK. Any of those car equiped to this package will be $7000 to $15000 over. Some might have a frew extra features, but the bottom line to me is, does it beat Acura reliability? Always thoughtful accesories no other brand name car will offer.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Acura RDX in VA is:

$149 per month*