Used 2013 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Awesome SUV, But Missing Luxury Brand Minimum Features
By even_further

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great SUV and a winner in the market place. But being an Acura its missing minimum luxury features; mid/upper vents for rear passengers, LED tail lights, blind spot monitoring. The guts are a smash hit; motor, size, AWD, cargo space, 6 speed trans.

Nothing sticks out for "favorite feature". I would have to say cargo space, and cargo seat levers.

Tint film or no tint on the rear passenger windows. Tint matching this SUV is difficult to achieve both good looks (matching) and high heat rejection. I wish they left the rear passenger window alone. Height adjustment for the front passenger seat, LED tail lights (big mis step here, brings the Acura brand backwards), mid rear console vents for rear passengers, add blind spot monitoring.

RDX - Get what you expect
By cerebus1

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2013 RDX for about 6 months now. You're going to get what you expect from an Acura ... good performance and reliability. I'm getting about 18mpg, less then I expected ... but no highway driving. Last month my wife spent more and got herself a 2013 Volvo XC60. I'm jealous ... wish I'd spent a little more and got the Volvo also.

Performance and reliability.

Many cheap plastic bits.

Well-engineered luxury vehicle
By clinicianph

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A well-thought engineered vehicle your money can buy for a luxurious wants that depreciates. Ride is comfortable and quiet. Handling is responsive and well-behaved. Powertrain and controls are conservative, characteristics of timeless approach in design and execution of a good product. It burns regular or premium, coupled with just the size and weight, cleverly at lower consumption than other vehicles without adverse ills. Interior and exterior look and feel are modern and eye catching to the weak human will. Center display is positioned safely allowing quick glances, without touchscreen that can distract you to overreach.

Spacious interior. Well-proportioned aesthetics. Superb equalized sound system. Traditional map-style navigation. GPS-enhanced climate control. Maintenance minder. Electric steering and throttle coupled with stability and traction controls. Hill-assist. Intelligent AWD. Cabin, engine mount and chassis noise reduction system. Wide-angle back-up camera. Side mirror backup assist.

Pin-point, swiveling, dimmable overhead reading LED lights. Tighter quality control in assembly line and testing.

Impressive,very impressive
By vegasmurano

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Let me start by saying I have owned over 80 cars (yes, but my insanity is another subject),and can easily afford ANY car I choose. This SUV blew me away by how nice it is for the price you pay. As like other reviewers, I looked at X3,Q5,Evoque,SRX and a few others. Feature for feature the RDX was $6k to $14k less and it drives smoother on the road than most of them. Handling is certainly not as sporty then many, but much smoother and more refined. And surprisingly in straight line acceleration it is as quick or quicker than my Acura TL-SH AWD and all of the trucks listed above (assuming the base engines).FYI I also currently own a BMW X3....

Refined ride and comfort, quiet interior at any speed, acceleration of a sports car, gas consumption. Tech package (once I figure it all out).Fit and finish is spectacular. Easy to buy....Acura unlike BMW does not charge extra for ANYTHING except the optional tech package.BMW charges for EVERYTHING, even different paint colors and the most basic options. Reliability.Tires are the best on the market......Also Won top award for future projected resale.

No storage space AT ALL for my jumper cables, tire chains or ice scraper. Passenger seat does not adjust up or down (plain stupid). Some interior parts are definitely not the quality of the Acura TL, like the glove box door, center console and door panels.16 gallon tank is just stupid, should be 18 gallon +. More adjustability on BOTH power seats. Rear seats don't recline.

A step down
By newro

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had 6 Acura's and have come to expect a certain level of quality from them. My last one before the RDX was a '10 TL. Although I was not crazy about the styling, the car flew, handled well and the interior had a style to it. I have had the RDX for about 2 weeks now and the over riding feeling that I get is that it looks and feels cheap inside. Plastic all the way through, even the sun visors feel thin. The blue tooth is a giant step backwards from what I had in the TL, it makes zero sense. I got this car for my wife to negotiate the snow in the NE because the TL was not very good. I looked at the Murano and honestly, it is a nicer car inside.

AWD

Blue Tooth, a better looking interior

• SUV