2013 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
Everything that you want - and then some
By english_august on 10/30/12 21:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2013 RDX is the best value for money in the luxury small-SUV segment. While competitors such as the X3, GLK, and RX 350 probably exceed RDX on many or most parameters, a comparably equipped car from those manufactures is $6,000 - $10,000 more expensive. If you are considering a loaded mainstream SUV brand (such as the CR-V EX-L), then you owe it to yourself to put the RDX on your shortlist. For about $5,000 - $7,000 more, you get better engine, aesthetics, reliability, build quality, luxury features such as keyless entry and brand cachet.

Awesome crossover for young family
By oaklandfan78 on 10/30/12 21:52 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had an RDX for a month and all I can you won't regret a test drive. This is an awesome Crossover with performance on par to sport sedans. Those who say it's basically the same as the Honda CRV have no clue what they are talking about. For one thing, the V6 just shines...it instills confidence and I actually look forward to driving. Try drive up a hill in the RDX and you will understand it's capabilities. Secondly the technology for value can't be beat. I recommend going for the technology package if you can afford it. You get a very convenient power lift gate and an awesome 410 watt sound system which plays music in all sorts of ways (CD, DVD-Audio, XM radio, Bluetooth, Ipod)

Shop around before buying
By dca2013 on 09/26/12 23:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my RDX for about three weeks and I agree with what most folks have said about the features and ride. But I was very surprised to find that the sunroof would not close. It kept stopping half way. I had to reach up pull down the wind relector to get it to finally close. There is just no excuse for this. I had a few accessories added which so far may not have been worth it. The roof rack has a very poor fit and finish, of course that could be to the way the dealer installed it. The cargo cover is just a bad design. It retracts like a window shade, with a hard piece that just hangs free - makes access a problem. And even though this is a small issue, there should be no issue.

Rdx, Your almost perfect
By gby on 09/22/12 20:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Acura hit a triple with this one. Not a home run yet. I think this might have been a careful move on ACURA's design team. I really can't blame them.I own my 2013 rdx close to two weeks now and I must say its been a delight. I wish it just had a bit more luxury touches like the MDX, But you can't have it all. If you want to have it all then I guess buy the MDX. When I made my purchase there were alot to consider and the main one was reliability. Honda motor company consistently manufactures reliable vehicles. I have tried other brands and have found out time and time again there is nothing like a honda product, no matter what level of vehicle you want to drive.

Just the right amount of utility & luxury
By rdxer93 on 09/19/12 19:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I searched and search for just the right SUV and the Acura RDX fit my needs just right. I was looking for a smaller SUV that was fun to drive, had good gas mileage, the right amount of space, a bit of luxury, and was priced right. After the first 60 days, I'm convinced the RDX was the best choice. The RDX offers good styling, a luxury interior, a very peppy ride, quiet inside, and a relatively smooth ride. I wouldn't consider the handling as sporty, but this isn't an Acura TL either. For relatively $10k less than others brands in the category, the RDX is a solid choice.

The 2013 RDX is fantastic!!
By riathediva627 on 09/19/12 16:22 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ride Quality: The RDX rides smoothly and has a car-like feel. It has a firm, but luxurious feel. Performance: The engine has pickup. The engine sounds solid and pleasantly aggressive. Interior: The interior is luxurious, yet sporty. The leather is soft and of good quality. The interior is roomy-even for a tall person! The sound system is awesome! The backup camera has 3 views which ensures that you see stuff very well. The navigation system is very intuitive. The car sets itself based on the key in the car (ex. Driver 1 key shows all Driver 1's radio presets and adjust seats to Driver 1's presets). Windows are tinted nicely. The Hard Disc Drive that records CDs is great! Listening to music

Great Car, Great Value
By jude123 on 09/12/12 20:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had car for two weeks now and am very happy with it. Seats are very ergonomic and comfortable especially on long drives. Gas mileage is good, about 23 mpg for mixed driving, and about 28-30 mpg on highway. Sound system with the technology package is amazing! Bluetooth works great. Navigation very easy to use and screen is nice quality. Voice recognition is a neat feature. Leather interior is very good quality and durable. Ride is pretty smooth (maybe not as smooth as Lexus RX) but still pretty nice. V6 engine is plenty zippy, never felt sluggish merging or passing. A lot of features are standard (would cost extra with other similar cars), so good value overall.

Great 2nd Generation RDX
By chips9509 on 09/09/12 20:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The V6 / 6 speed transmission in the new RDX is outstanding - quiet, smooth, fuel economy is very good, and it does not have to down shift on every hill. An excellant combination of power and fuel economy. Had 3 passengers on road trip to football game and all commented on ride quality, and how quiet it was. Considered other SUV's in this class, 2013 RX, GLK, and others. Some were a little larger, most had more useable space behind rear seats, but were also many $1000's more. If you want a Premium SUV of this size, dollar for dollar this was simply the best choice.

Very nice car
By linn81 on 09/06/12 20:55 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Before considered Q5, but Q5 the back seat is too small. Because people often sat in the back seat, so choose the RDX, driving up also pretty comfortable, overall satisfaction, I like the new RDX

Quiet and smooth-hardly
By jtwi on 08/31/12 11:36 AM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Read all the reviews I could get my eyes on months before the purchase. All said quiet and smooth ride. Test drive seem to follow suit. I have almost 3K on the car. Every bump I hit, I hear and feel. I'm not talking about potholes, I am talking about road bumps which has me questioning the suspension. Inside you hear the bump-bump bump-bump bump bump. Or maybe I am missing the cabin accoustical material. Can't have people saying the car is quiet and smooth and i get just the reverse.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Acura RDX Suv in VA is:

$153 per month*