2013 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
Rdx, Your almost perfect
By gby on 09/22/12 20:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Acura hit a triple with this one. Not a home run yet. I think this might have been a careful move on ACURA's design team. I really can't blame them.I own my 2013 rdx close to two weeks now and I must say its been a delight. I wish it just had a bit more luxury touches like the MDX, But you can't have it all. If you want to have it all then I guess buy the MDX. When I made my purchase there were alot to consider and the main one was reliability. Honda motor company consistently manufactures reliable vehicles. I have tried other brands and have found out time and time again there is nothing like a honda product, no matter what level of vehicle you want to drive.

Just the right amount of utility & luxury
By rdxer93 on 09/19/12 19:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I searched and search for just the right SUV and the Acura RDX fit my needs just right. I was looking for a smaller SUV that was fun to drive, had good gas mileage, the right amount of space, a bit of luxury, and was priced right. After the first 60 days, I'm convinced the RDX was the best choice. The RDX offers good styling, a luxury interior, a very peppy ride, quiet inside, and a relatively smooth ride. I wouldn't consider the handling as sporty, but this isn't an Acura TL either. For relatively $10k less than others brands in the category, the RDX is a solid choice.

The 2013 RDX is fantastic!!
By riathediva627 on 09/19/12 16:22 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ride Quality: The RDX rides smoothly and has a car-like feel. It has a firm, but luxurious feel. Performance: The engine has pickup. The engine sounds solid and pleasantly aggressive. Interior: The interior is luxurious, yet sporty. The leather is soft and of good quality. The interior is roomy-even for a tall person! The sound system is awesome! The backup camera has 3 views which ensures that you see stuff very well. The navigation system is very intuitive. The car sets itself based on the key in the car (ex. Driver 1 key shows all Driver 1's radio presets and adjust seats to Driver 1's presets). Windows are tinted nicely. The Hard Disc Drive that records CDs is great! Listening to music

Great Car, Great Value
By jude123 on 09/12/12 20:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had car for two weeks now and am very happy with it. Seats are very ergonomic and comfortable especially on long drives. Gas mileage is good, about 23 mpg for mixed driving, and about 28-30 mpg on highway. Sound system with the technology package is amazing! Bluetooth works great. Navigation very easy to use and screen is nice quality. Voice recognition is a neat feature. Leather interior is very good quality and durable. Ride is pretty smooth (maybe not as smooth as Lexus RX) but still pretty nice. V6 engine is plenty zippy, never felt sluggish merging or passing. A lot of features are standard (would cost extra with other similar cars), so good value overall.

Great 2nd Generation RDX
By chips9509 on 09/09/12 20:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The V6 / 6 speed transmission in the new RDX is outstanding - quiet, smooth, fuel economy is very good, and it does not have to down shift on every hill. An excellant combination of power and fuel economy. Had 3 passengers on road trip to football game and all commented on ride quality, and how quiet it was. Considered other SUV's in this class, 2013 RX, GLK, and others. Some were a little larger, most had more useable space behind rear seats, but were also many $1000's more. If you want a Premium SUV of this size, dollar for dollar this was simply the best choice.

Very nice car
By linn81 on 09/06/12 20:55 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Before considered Q5, but Q5 the back seat is too small. Because people often sat in the back seat, so choose the RDX, driving up also pretty comfortable, overall satisfaction, I like the new RDX

Quiet and smooth-hardly
By jtwi on 08/31/12 11:36 AM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Read all the reviews I could get my eyes on months before the purchase. All said quiet and smooth ride. Test drive seem to follow suit. I have almost 3K on the car. Every bump I hit, I hear and feel. I'm not talking about potholes, I am talking about road bumps which has me questioning the suspension. Inside you hear the bump-bump bump-bump bump bump. Or maybe I am missing the cabin accoustical material. Can't have people saying the car is quiet and smooth and i get just the reverse.

Very pleased with my first Acura, love the 2013 RDX.
By busyworkingmom on 08/24/12 15:12 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I spent a lot of time researching this auto purchase. I needed a car that I can commute in but also travel up the Utah canyons for skiing and also, take on road trips. The 2103 RDX was the perfect fit for me--size, features, price, gas mileage and reliability. My neighbors have an earlier RDX and have little good to say but when I saw the reviews and the gas mileage on the 2013, I knew I had to drive it. Very glad I did. I was on the verge of purchasing another car--and the RDX quickly changed my mind. It's fast enough, the interior is well designed, it looks classic so it won't be completely dated in 10 years (I keep my cars a long time!) and I love all of the features.

Awful Voice Dialing Takes the Joy Out.
By roadrunner56 on 08/22/12 08:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased a 2013 RDX AWD with Tech Package about 3 months ago. Overall impressions of the car are good, but voice dialing is a disaster. Here's a comparison of the steps necessary for pre-2013 v. 2013 voice dialing: Pre-2013 1. Press Call-Pick Up 2. Say name (and dialing initiated immediately). 2013 (per manual) 1. Press Voice Command 2. Say "Dial by Voice Tag" 3. Wait for beep, and Press Voice Command 4. Say name. 5. Wait for system to repeat name back and beep. 6. Press Voice Command 7. Say "Dial." Not only is the new approach slow and frustrating, in my view it's downright dangerous since it lengthens substantially the interval when the driver is distracted

Great Car
By mongomrp on 08/19/12 16:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2013 Acura RDX about two months ago. This is a great vehicle. I have not seen much advertising or talk about the RDX so I thought I'd speak up for it. My two most recent vehicles were a 2006 Nissan Murano (still in the family) and a 2011 Honda CRV (traded it in for the RDX). I like the RDX far better than either of those. It has a smooth quiet ride, good power and gets 22.5 mpg in mixed city street and city freeway driving. It looks great, it drives well and I'd recommend it to anyone who asked.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Acura RDX Suv in NJ is:

$247 per month*