Used 2013 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

2013 Acura RDX

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Review update
By vegasmurano

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 8 months or so with my RDX AWD tech these are my thoughts.
My gas mileage stinks, I am averaging about 19 all around . But to be fair I live and work on Las Vegas BLVD and the traffic and amount of traffic lights are insane.
No storage for my jumper cables or any cubbies to hide stuff.
Gas tank way too small, needs another 2 or 3 gallons in size.
Navi works good but it takes 5 minutes to tell the navi what to do, and it does not understand street names and you need to repeat it 5 or 6 times quite often.
Cornering is no BMW but it is much smoother riding but still competent.
Acceleration is amazing, but it will empty your tank fast if you enjoy it.

Acceleration is amazing Comfort Ride quality Looks Quality Tire quality Quiet cabin Material quality Paint quality Leg room front AND back Really pleased and would for sure buy again without any regrets.

No storage cubbies in back Lame city gas mileage No rear A/C or rear seat tilt. Needs more adjustability for driver seat. Bigger gas tank. Navigation does not understand many St names. Passenger seat can not go up and down. Tech pkg should include blind spot warning and other safety features.

Tech package not worth it
By vjd2211

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nice, elegant car but looks like suffering from cost-cutting. At 3k miles battery went (luxury car with low cost battery) - the GPS needs redesign, it looks and feels obsolete and the voice recognition does not work well - Bluetooth low voice quality.
Ride excellent - engine, tranny ok after 8k miles.

Interior and exterior design, mileage

re-design tech package

Great with a few flaws
By dbnutmeg

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After ten months and 22k miles I love this vehicle.
It's super comfortable, quiet and has a stable ride on all kinds of roadways.
On extended interstate trips I get over 30 mpg.
The back-up camera is fantastic.
There's excellent space in front, back and cargo area.
All the basics are well done: it's a great value.
So, what's not to like.
The onboard navigation system is effectively useless.
Too dated and too many basic destinations not in the database--or not findable.
Voice recognition just doesn't stack up even if you can remember the hundreds of commands and proper syntax.
And you can't make adjustments to the route while driving.
I now use my old Garmin portable GPS.

Quiet, firm ride, gas mileage, back-up camera.

A navigation system that is current and usable. Needs much better interface. Better radio.

Very Happy
By flipmank

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've been driving my Acura RDX AWD for about 5 months and I'm really happy with the car. Performance and comfort aside it's generally the best looking car in any crowded parking lot. Looks matter and the RDX (post 2012) looks better than most luxury SUVs.

Engine. This car is quick.

Navigation should be built in. Automatic trunk close function. If the keys are away from the car for more than 10 minutes the car should automatically turn off. We left the car running for four hours once by accident.

Disappointment
By tinpyro

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned many luxury vehicles over the years, when I initially came across the 2013 RDX I thought that I had discovered a true bargain. This , however, was not the case. The reason TRUE luxury vehicles cost more is because they are worth it. The RDX has flaws that I can over look but the wind noise from the doors and b pillars is simply unforgivable in a vehicle in this range. The dealer has done what it can but they cannot redesign the vehicle. Acura must be aware of this issue and I believe is simply choosing to ignore it. Had I taken a more extensive test drive I would not have purchased the vehicle, so...shame on me. I will unload the vehicle asap and accept the loss and move on.

Rear a/c, a genuine audiophile sound system and recognize and repair the wind noise issue.