2013 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
Very good initial impressions
By aidano2 on 03/26/13 09:37 AM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's comfortable, fast, and has a good amount of room in the front and rear. Also has nice simple, but solid, cabin features. It's very good in pretty much every area -- which almost makes it feel a little boring to talk about.

Awesome SUV, But Missing Luxury Brand Minimum Features
By even_further on 03/20/13 17:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great SUV and a winner in the market place. But being an Acura its missing minimum luxury features; mid/upper vents for rear passengers, LED tail lights, blind spot monitoring. The guts are a smash hit; motor, size, AWD, cargo space, 6 speed trans.

RDX - Get what you expect
By cerebus1 on 03/15/13 05:14 AM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2013 RDX for about 6 months now. You're going to get what you expect from an Acura ... good performance and reliability. I'm getting about 18mpg, less then I expected ... but no highway driving. Last month my wife spent more and got herself a 2013 Volvo XC60. I'm jealous ... wish I'd spent a little more and got the Volvo also.

Well-engineered luxury vehicle
By clinicianph on 03/03/13 19:44 PM (PST)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A well-thought engineered vehicle your money can buy for a luxurious wants that depreciates. Ride is comfortable and quiet. Handling is responsive and well-behaved. Powertrain and controls are conservative, characteristics of timeless approach in design and execution of a good product. It burns regular or premium, coupled with just the size and weight, cleverly at lower consumption than other vehicles without adverse ills. Interior and exterior look and feel are modern and eye catching to the weak human will. Center display is positioned safely allowing quick glances, without touchscreen that can distract you to overreach.

Impressive,very impressive
By vegasmurano on 02/22/13 14:45 PM (PST)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Let me start by saying I have owned over 80 cars (yes, but my insanity is another subject),and can easily afford ANY car I choose. This SUV blew me away by how nice it is for the price you pay. As like other reviewers, I looked at X3,Q5,Evoque,SRX and a few others. Feature for feature the RDX was $6k to $14k less and it drives smoother on the road than most of them. Handling is certainly not as sporty then many, but much smoother and more refined. And surprisingly in straight line acceleration it is as quick or quicker than my Acura TL-SH AWD and all of the trucks listed above (assuming the base engines).FYI I also currently own a BMW X3....

A step down
By newro on 02/19/13 10:12 AM (PST)

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had 6 Acura's and have come to expect a certain level of quality from them. My last one before the RDX was a '10 TL. Although I was not crazy about the styling, the car flew, handled well and the interior had a style to it. I have had the RDX for about 2 weeks now and the over riding feeling that I get is that it looks and feels cheap inside. Plastic all the way through, even the sun visors feel thin. The blue tooth is a giant step backwards from what I had in the TL, it makes zero sense. I got this car for my wife to negotiate the snow in the NE because the TL was not very good. I looked at the Murano and honestly, it is a nicer car inside.

I love my RDX.
By hondacom on 02/16/13 13:34 PM (PST)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2013 RDX three months ago. I downsized from a full size truck to this SUV. I wanted one a few years ago but decided to wait for the V6 engine. It uses about 30% less fuel than my truck did. I do most of my driving in the city and the shorter wheelbase makes maneuvering in traffic and parking easy. This vehicle fits me like a glove.

Very happy but would like more options
By sbrows on 02/14/13 10:49 AM (PST)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in our 2007 MDX for the RDX for the better gas mileage. We have had the RDX for 3 months and are very happy with the gas mileage. We are averaging about 23 to 26 miles per gallon with mixed highway and city driving. The RDX has plenty of pick up and drives very smoothly but still sporty. My husband likes it so much that he is now driving it and has left me with his BMW five series because he finds the RDX so much more comfortable (he's 6'1" and there's plenty of leg and head room) We have not experienced any of the other negative ride quality issues that other reviewers have complained of.

Meets my expectations
By spottedone on 02/13/13 14:27 PM (PST)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have close to 11k miles on my RDX. I wanted an SUV that was fun to drive and yet got better gas mileage than my 2011 Highlander. I know I did not need the size of the MDX. I call my RDX my high performance sports car. The gas mileage has met my expectations. I mainly drive in the city and am averaging 23-24mpg. The only complaint I have is the tires losing traction while turning from a stop. This makes me wish I had opted for the AWD. I believe that the naviagtion system is too cumbersome having to press too many buttons. Further the car designers could have opted for more flair. The RDX is rather bland.

Purchased RDX with Tech 2 weeks ago
By endoellen on 01/25/13 14:53 PM (PST)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Has great pick up and shifts smooth as I would have expected. My previous car was an Acura TL 2006 which I really liked. Voice commands for phone, navigation, audio, etc. is not real user friendly. Too many commands to be used. It was easier to use voice commands with the bluetooth in the TL without navigation. Disappointed in gas mileage. Sticker states estimated 20 city and 28 hwy. My first tank of premium fuel with combined 60 miles of hwy driving and the rest city only got 17.5 mpg. On my 2nd fill up I traveled to the dealer & back today approx. 120 miles hwy & it shows average of 23mpg. Not what I expected. My 2006 TL got 20 city & 28-30 Hwy consistently.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Acura RDX in VA is:

$153 per month*