Used 2013 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura Rdx - Consumer Reviews

2013 Acura RDX

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Very Happy
By flipmank

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've been driving my Acura RDX AWD for about 5 months and I'm really happy with the car. Performance and comfort aside it's generally the best looking car in any crowded parking lot. Looks matter and the RDX (post 2012) looks better than most luxury SUVs.

Favorite Features

Engine. This car is quick.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation should be built in. Automatic trunk close function. If the keys are away from the car for more than 10 minutes the car should automatically turn off. We left the car running for four hours once by accident.

Disappointment
By tinpyro

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned many luxury vehicles over the years, when I initially came across the 2013 RDX I thought that I had discovered a true bargain. This , however, was not the case. The reason TRUE luxury vehicles cost more is because they are worth it. The RDX has flaws that I can over look but the wind noise from the doors and b pillars is simply unforgivable in a vehicle in this range. The dealer has done what it can but they cannot redesign the vehicle. Acura must be aware of this issue and I believe is simply choosing to ignore it. Had I taken a more extensive test drive I would not have purchased the vehicle, so...shame on me. I will unload the vehicle asap and accept the loss and move on.

Suggested Improvements

Rear a/c, a genuine audiophile sound system and recognize and repair the wind noise issue.

So far so good
By newro

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Got it new in February 2013 and while my wife drives it daily, I do drive it on weekends. It is solid, ride if good, plenty of power and gas mileage has been pretty good. The blue tooth is not very good, in fact I have had Acura's since 1996 and the one that I just traded, a 2010 TL had a blue tooth that was lots better. Cannot speak a phone number unless it is tagged, makes no sense, especially when you only get 15 tags. Giant step backwards on that one. Car is very good in the snow/rain. Have never driven a Lexus or BMW X3 but I would have to say that this Acura seems perfectly fine with typically Acura build quality

Favorite Features

Interior, power, ride, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth

Lack Of Ride Comfort
By average_joe3

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

They disregard the new car warranty. I bought a new RDX six months ago and it has 5,000 miles. This so called luxury vehicle bounces more than a Magic Mountain ride, even in flat surfaces. The service technician agreed that it has a rough ride, yet the dealer did not even put it in a hoist to check if the suspension is loose. I get a headache every tim I drive it. Acura customer service considers the rough ride to be normal.

Favorite Features

Color, Speed.

Suggested Improvements

Please replace with a comfortable suspension system.

Good vehicle but lacking
By spottedone

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my RDX for over a year and 17000+ miles. Overall I like the car especially when I was averaging 23+ mpg. Over the last several month my mpg has dropped to 21, still not bad. I have had it to the delearship for a full synthetic oil change. I also had to pay for a front wheel alighment which was needed. I have upgraded my gas to Chevron on their advice but it has not made a difference. I noticed that the 2014 MDX has the same mpg ratings and now has touch screen controls which I miss on my old Pioneer flat panel. I also agree that I do not feel like I am riding in a luxury car. One serious problem which I took to the dealer was tire slippage when turning from a stop.

Favorite Features

Power. Visibility, Parking ease

Suggested Improvements

Touch screen, simpler controls. Better seats, materials.