Used 2013 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Great with a few flaws
By dbnutmeg

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After ten months and 22k miles I love this vehicle. It's super comfortable, quiet and has a stable ride on all kinds of roadways. On extended interstate trips I get over 30 mpg. The back-up camera is fantastic. There's excellent space in front, back and cargo area. All the basics are well done: it's a great value. So, what's not to like. The onboard navigation system is effectively useless. Too dated and too many basic destinations not in the database--or not findable. Voice recognition just doesn't stack up even if you can remember the hundreds of commands and proper syntax. And you can't make adjustments to the route while driving. I now use my old Garmin portable GPS.

Quiet, firm ride, gas mileage, back-up camera.

A navigation system that is current and usable. Needs much better interface. Better radio.

Very Happy
By flipmank

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've been driving my Acura RDX AWD for about 5 months and I'm really happy with the car. Performance and comfort aside it's generally the best looking car in any crowded parking lot. Looks matter and the RDX (post 2012) looks better than most luxury SUVs.

Engine. This car is quick.

Navigation should be built in. Automatic trunk close function. If the keys are away from the car for more than 10 minutes the car should automatically turn off. We left the car running for four hours once by accident.

Disappointment
By tinpyro

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned many luxury vehicles over the years, when I initially came across the 2013 RDX I thought that I had discovered a true bargain. This , however, was not the case. The reason TRUE luxury vehicles cost more is because they are worth it. The RDX has flaws that I can over look but the wind noise from the doors and b pillars is simply unforgivable in a vehicle in this range. The dealer has done what it can but they cannot redesign the vehicle. Acura must be aware of this issue and I believe is simply choosing to ignore it. Had I taken a more extensive test drive I would not have purchased the vehicle, so...shame on me. I will unload the vehicle asap and accept the loss and move on.

Rear a/c, a genuine audiophile sound system and recognize and repair the wind noise issue.

So far so good
By newro

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Got it new in February 2013 and while my wife drives it daily, I do drive it on weekends. It is solid, ride if good, plenty of power and gas mileage has been pretty good. The blue tooth is not very good, in fact I have had Acura's since 1996 and the one that I just traded, a 2010 TL had a blue tooth that was lots better. Cannot speak a phone number unless it is tagged, makes no sense, especially when you only get 15 tags. Giant step backwards on that one. Car is very good in the snow/rain. Have never driven a Lexus or BMW X3 but I would have to say that this Acura seems perfectly fine with typically Acura build quality

Interior, power, ride, gas mileage

Bluetooth

Lack Of Ride Comfort
By average_joe3

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

They disregard the new car warranty. I bought a new RDX six months ago and it has 5,000 miles. This so called luxury vehicle bounces more than a Magic Mountain ride, even in flat surfaces. The service technician agreed that it has a rough ride, yet the dealer did not even put it in a hoist to check if the suspension is loose. I get a headache every tim I drive it. Acura customer service considers the rough ride to be normal.

Color, Speed.

Please replace with a comfortable suspension system.