2013 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
My 2013 RDX Tech
By nwjgoodguy on 07/22/14 12:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2013 RDX since January, purchased used with 30K, got a great deal and it looked brand new. Prior to my Acura I had a Honda Accord V6, amazing car, then purchased a 2008 Lexus IS250 and what a nightmare! Car was beautiful, eye catching, but at 30K engine oil rings and pistons needed to be replaced, car was burning oil, fortunately all covered by Lexus! Once the car hit 100K and after several repairs it was time to unload and get back into a reliable Honda/Acura! My next car will be an Acura again! As I read reviews people complain about this attractive SUV, what most people don't see if the reliability of Acura's and overall value!

Ho Hum
By newro on 06/24/14 10:56 AM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 6 or 7th Acura and it will be my last. The buying experience, with a dealer that I have used for 15 years was not great, switched leasing companies on me and I did not even realize it. Cost me 15,000 extra miles. That said, my wife is the primary driver on this but I drive it on weekends. The car it twitchy, touch the wheel and you are all over the place. Tranny? Upshift, downshift, really annoying. The build quality is Acura but honestly, the interior is cheap, the bluetooth is a step below my 2010 TL and there are so many choices in the small cross over/small SUV market that I would never get another one of these. I was this close to getting a Murano and wound up with the Acura.

Complete waste of money - this is NOT a luxury car
By wnmnm on 05/23/14 22:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2013 RDX wanting it to be a great choice for a luxury CUV. I walked away in April 2014, traded it for a BMW X3. Performance: numb steering, terrible suspension (failed, under warranty), failed engine mounts producing excessive vibration, unstable at high speed. Tech package: mediocre with Atari graphics. Sunroof: constantly malfunctioning. Build quality: Terrible cheap plastic all over, exposed sound attenuating foam where the windshield meets the dash, no rear passenger vents, the poorest quality leather i've ever seen in a car, and NO dash cover under steering column (where you can feel wiring and more sound attenuating foam), Playskool key FOB, hollow doors. Avoid this car!!

Extremely Comfortable, Storage Could Improve
By briansmi on 04/13/14 11:25 AM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2013 RDX for a year and a half and have 14,000 miles on it. This is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. On long trips I can be in the car for 4-5 hours and not be stiff. The gas millage is very good for the size of the vehicle. The VCE goes from 6 to 3 on the freeway allowing for good millage on longer hauls. If I went 60-65, I could pull 29 MPG on standard hauls (no major mountains). City/Highway combo I get 22-24.

If I had known then what I know now
By tnuzzi1 on 02/22/14 06:42 AM (PST)

2013 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my RDX for 1 year and 19,000 miles. After the first few months of owning it i noticed a vibration between 2nd and 3rd gear and 4th and 5th gear. I brought the car to the dealer and had a technician ride with me so I could point it out. The vibration, the dealer stated, is due to the deactivation of cylinders and that it is minor with no fix. This is not minor when you spend many hours driving. A vehicle that is considered a "luxury" suv should not be vibrating. The gas mileage is not as stated. I average around 19mpg. I drive about 50/50 highway/town. The dealer replaced my bluetooth mic but that did not improve. I can hear fine, people have a hard time understanding me.

Well rounded car, Navigation is substandard
By rjxg on 01/21/14 17:59 PM (PST)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been driving my RDX AWD w/Tech for 7 month now and really like the car. Plenty of power and I find it to be a great value for the cost. My only issue with the car is the poor quality of the navigation system. It is like using DOS commands on a PC. A million things to remember and it take 5 minute to enter an address. I am shocked Acura put it out there for use like this. Otherwise the car is good but it is hard to overlook a Navi system so frustrating I don't even us it unless I have no other choice.

Review update
By vegasmurano on 11/10/13 12:52 PM (PST)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 8 months or so with my RDX AWD tech these are my thoughts. My gas mileage stinks, I am averaging about 19 all around . But to be fair I live and work on Las Vegas BLVD and the traffic and amount of traffic lights are insane. No storage for my jumper cables or any cubbies to hide stuff. Gas tank way too small, needs another 2 or 3 gallons in size. Navi works good but it takes 5 minutes to tell the navi what to do, and it does not understand street names and you need to repeat it 5 or 6 times quite often. Cornering is no BMW but it is much smoother riding but still competent. Acceleration is amazing, but it will empty your tank fast if you enjoy it.

Tech package not worth it
By vjd2211 on 10/29/13 17:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nice, elegant car but looks like suffering from cost-cutting. At 3k miles battery went (luxury car with low cost battery) - the GPS needs redesign, it looks and feels obsolete and the voice recognition does not work well - Bluetooth low voice quality. Ride excellent - engine, tranny ok after 8k miles.

Great with a few flaws
By dbnutmeg on 09/16/13 19:56 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After ten months and 22k miles I love this vehicle. It's super comfortable, quiet and has a stable ride on all kinds of roadways. On extended interstate trips I get over 30 mpg. The back-up camera is fantastic. There's excellent space in front, back and cargo area. All the basics are well done: it's a great value. So, what's not to like. The onboard navigation system is effectively useless. Too dated and too many basic destinations not in the database--or not findable. Voice recognition just doesn't stack up even if you can remember the hundreds of commands and proper syntax. And you can't make adjustments to the route while driving. I now use my old Garmin portable GPS.

Very Happy
By flipmank on 09/05/13 19:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've been driving my Acura RDX AWD for about 5 months and I'm really happy with the car. Performance and comfort aside it's generally the best looking car in any crowded parking lot. Looks matter and the RDX (post 2012) looks better than most luxury SUVs.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Acura RDX Suv in VA is:

$153 per month*