Used 2013 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Do not buy this car
By michdes001

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I don't know where to start. Interior cheap. GPS is the worst-does not even recognize state roads. Also the entry of data into this system takes impossibly long time. I have reverted to using Google maps. Voice activation- throw it out the window- does not understand a single command from someone with no accent at all. Loud interior on the road- you hear all road noise. Cant even hear people on the bluetooth on the highway because car is so loud. Bought this car brand new and wish I never drove it off the lot. My husband has 2008 TL and his GPS is more knowledgeable than mine. And, with only 30K miles on it, it already has a knock with all regular maintenance performed as scheduled.

It runs

Make it into an actual luxury car with reliable GPS and technology that is useful in any way.

My 2013 RDX Tech
By nwjgoodguy

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2013 RDX since January, purchased used with 30K, got a great deal and it looked brand new. Prior to my Acura I had a Honda Accord V6, amazing car, then purchased a 2008 Lexus IS250 and what a nightmare! Car was beautiful, eye catching, but at 30K engine oil rings and pistons needed to be replaced, car was burning oil, fortunately all covered by Lexus! Once the car hit 100K and after several repairs it was time to unload and get back into a reliable Honda/Acura! My next car will be an Acura again! As I read reviews people complain about this attractive SUV, what most people don't see if the reliability of Acura's and overall value!

Reliability! Not having recall after recall is awesome, so different from my previous Lexus! And for the record, I'm meticulous with my car, synthetic oil changes, the works!

Add some additional features, blind spot mirrors, improve Navi System, works for me, but it's so-so.

Ho Hum
By newro

2013 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 6 or 7th Acura and it will be my last. The buying experience, with a dealer that I have used for 15 years was not great, switched leasing companies on me and I did not even realize it. Cost me 15,000 extra miles. That said, my wife is the primary driver on this but I drive it on weekends. The car it twitchy, touch the wheel and you are all over the place. Tranny? Upshift, downshift, really annoying. The build quality is Acura but honestly, the interior is cheap, the bluetooth is a step below my 2010 TL and there are so many choices in the small cross over/small SUV market that I would never get another one of these. I was this close to getting a Murano and wound up with the Acura.

none

upgrade the interior, for $36K it should be nicer.

Complete waste of money - this is NOT a luxury car
By wnmnm

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2013 RDX wanting it to be a great choice for a luxury CUV. I walked away in April 2014, traded it for a BMW X3. Performance: numb steering, terrible suspension (failed, under warranty), failed engine mounts producing excessive vibration, unstable at high speed. Tech package: mediocre with Atari graphics. Sunroof: constantly malfunctioning. Build quality: Terrible cheap plastic all over, exposed sound attenuating foam where the windshield meets the dash, no rear passenger vents, the poorest quality leather i've ever seen in a car, and NO dash cover under steering column (where you can feel wiring and more sound attenuating foam), Playskool key FOB, hollow doors. Avoid this car!!

The ELS is decent - everything else is maddening over the course of ownership until you feel like you wasted your money.

Almost everything. This is not a luxury car in the slightest. Don't think you are getting a budget BMW or Audi.

Extremely Comfortable, Storage Could Improve
By briansmi

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2013 RDX for a year and a half and have 14,000 miles on it. This is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. On long trips I can be in the car for 4-5 hours and not be stiff. The gas millage is very good for the size of the vehicle. The VCE goes from 6 to 3 on the freeway allowing for good millage on longer hauls. If I went 60-65, I could pull 29 MPG on standard hauls (no major mountains). City/Highway combo I get 22-24.

Very comfortable and quiet. Great visibility. Excellent back up camera. Nice hook up and storage of electronic devices. Large back seat, plenty of leg room and also very comfortable.

Horrible storage space. If your a family of four, be aware of this as the back is very small for storage. One of the major issues is the backseats do not lye completely flat when you fold them down. You lose potential storage because of the tilt of the seats. I had to by a rack for the top to be able to carry camping gear for just 2 of us. As far as style the dash and console look more like that of a $20K car not a $35K car. They could improve greatly on the style and quality look of the driver area. If you really want an Acura, wait if you can and see what 2015 brings since there was no change in 2014.