Used 2013 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

BUY A LEXUS INSTEAD!
By Sandy Robins

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 1 1/2 years. Soon after purchasing had to have the back shocks replaced (under warranty). The dealer claimed to know nothing about shock problems but the other 4 people that I personally know that have this car have had to have their shocks replaced as well, some more than once. Recently my A/C quit working without incidence or warning. When I called the dealer where I purchased the car I was told "maybe a pebble jumped up and put a hole in your condenser". I dismissed this as very unlikely as I had never heard of such a thing in my 40 years of driving nor did I hear, see or run over anything. Well he was right and since caused by road debris would not honor the warranty. Repair $750. I researched this issue and found that Honda/ Acura had a previous class action suit settled in 2010 for 38.5 Million FOR THE EXACT SAME PROBLEMS!!!!!! Suit claimed placed where road debris can hit it easily and thin metal was used. Said "Parts that fail and they know it". My husband called Acura Customer Service which is apparently a joke. Explained we owned a Honda Pilot and CRV previously and purchased the RDX and TSX to upgrade to a premium car. Again a joke. They refused to fix under warranty or even discount the repair at all. Apparently no concern that we have purchased 4 vehicles. NOT ANYMORE!!!! They apparently are still having A/C condenser failing issues. Any of you Attorneys want a class action?

Do not buy this car
By michdes001

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I don't know where to start. Interior cheap. GPS is the worst-does not even recognize state roads. Also the entry of data into this system takes impossibly long time. I have reverted to using Google maps. Voice activation- throw it out the window- does not understand a single command from someone with no accent at all. Loud interior on the road- you hear all road noise. Cant even hear people on the bluetooth on the highway because car is so loud. Bought this car brand new and wish I never drove it off the lot. My husband has 2008 TL and his GPS is more knowledgeable than mine. And, with only 30K miles on it, it already has a knock with all regular maintenance performed as scheduled.

It runs

Make it into an actual luxury car with reliable GPS and technology that is useful in any way.

My 2013 RDX Tech
By nwjgoodguy

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2013 RDX since January, purchased used with 30K, got a great deal and it looked brand new. Prior to my Acura I had a Honda Accord V6, amazing car, then purchased a 2008 Lexus IS250 and what a nightmare! Car was beautiful, eye catching, but at 30K engine oil rings and pistons needed to be replaced, car was burning oil, fortunately all covered by Lexus! Once the car hit 100K and after several repairs it was time to unload and get back into a reliable Honda/Acura! My next car will be an Acura again! As I read reviews people complain about this attractive SUV, what most people don't see if the reliability of Acura's and overall value!

Reliability! Not having recall after recall is awesome, so different from my previous Lexus! And for the record, I'm meticulous with my car, synthetic oil changes, the works!

Add some additional features, blind spot mirrors, improve Navi System, works for me, but it's so-so.

Ho Hum
By newro

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 6 or 7th Acura and it will be my last. The buying experience, with a dealer that I have used for 15 years was not great, switched leasing companies on me and I did not even realize it. Cost me 15,000 extra miles. That said, my wife is the primary driver on this but I drive it on weekends. The car it twitchy, touch the wheel and you are all over the place. Tranny? Upshift, downshift, really annoying. The build quality is Acura but honestly, the interior is cheap, the bluetooth is a step below my 2010 TL and there are so many choices in the small cross over/small SUV market that I would never get another one of these. I was this close to getting a Murano and wound up with the Acura.

none

upgrade the interior, for $36K it should be nicer.

Complete waste of money - this is NOT a luxury car
By wnmnm

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2013 RDX wanting it to be a great choice for a luxury CUV. I walked away in April 2014, traded it for a BMW X3. Performance: numb steering, terrible suspension (failed, under warranty), failed engine mounts producing excessive vibration, unstable at high speed. Tech package: mediocre with Atari graphics. Sunroof: constantly malfunctioning. Build quality: Terrible cheap plastic all over, exposed sound attenuating foam where the windshield meets the dash, no rear passenger vents, the poorest quality leather i've ever seen in a car, and NO dash cover under steering column (where you can feel wiring and more sound attenuating foam), Playskool key FOB, hollow doors. Avoid this car!!

The ELS is decent - everything else is maddening over the course of ownership until you feel like you wasted your money.

Almost everything. This is not a luxury car in the slightest. Don't think you are getting a budget BMW or Audi.