2013 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
Extremely Comfortable, Storage Could Improve
By briansmi on 04/13/14 11:25 AM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2013 RDX for a year and a half and have 14,000 miles on it. This is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. On long trips I can be in the car for 4-5 hours and not be stiff. The gas millage is very good for the size of the vehicle. The VCE goes from 6 to 3 on the freeway allowing for good millage on longer hauls. If I went 60-65, I could pull 29 MPG on standard hauls (no major mountains). City/Highway combo I get 22-24.

If I had known then what I know now
By tnuzzi1 on 02/22/14 06:42 AM (PST)

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my RDX for 1 year and 19,000 miles. After the first few months of owning it i noticed a vibration between 2nd and 3rd gear and 4th and 5th gear. I brought the car to the dealer and had a technician ride with me so I could point it out. The vibration, the dealer stated, is due to the deactivation of cylinders and that it is minor with no fix. This is not minor when you spend many hours driving. A vehicle that is considered a "luxury" suv should not be vibrating. The gas mileage is not as stated. I average around 19mpg. I drive about 50/50 highway/town. The dealer replaced my bluetooth mic but that did not improve. I can hear fine, people have a hard time understanding me.

Well rounded car, Navigation is substandard
By rjxg on 01/21/14 17:59 PM (PST)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been driving my RDX AWD w/Tech for 7 month now and really like the car. Plenty of power and I find it to be a great value for the cost. My only issue with the car is the poor quality of the navigation system. It is like using DOS commands on a PC. A million things to remember and it take 5 minute to enter an address. I am shocked Acura put it out there for use like this. Otherwise the car is good but it is hard to overlook a Navi system so frustrating I don't even us it unless I have no other choice.

Review update
By vegasmurano on 11/10/13 12:52 PM (PST)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 8 months or so with my RDX AWD tech these are my thoughts. My gas mileage stinks, I am averaging about 19 all around . But to be fair I live and work on Las Vegas BLVD and the traffic and amount of traffic lights are insane. No storage for my jumper cables or any cubbies to hide stuff. Gas tank way too small, needs another 2 or 3 gallons in size. Navi works good but it takes 5 minutes to tell the navi what to do, and it does not understand street names and you need to repeat it 5 or 6 times quite often. Cornering is no BMW but it is much smoother riding but still competent. Acceleration is amazing, but it will empty your tank fast if you enjoy it.

Tech package not worth it
By vjd2211 on 10/29/13 17:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nice, elegant car but looks like suffering from cost-cutting. At 3k miles battery went (luxury car with low cost battery) - the GPS needs redesign, it looks and feels obsolete and the voice recognition does not work well - Bluetooth low voice quality. Ride excellent - engine, tranny ok after 8k miles.

Great with a few flaws
By dbnutmeg on 09/16/13 19:56 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After ten months and 22k miles I love this vehicle. It's super comfortable, quiet and has a stable ride on all kinds of roadways. On extended interstate trips I get over 30 mpg. The back-up camera is fantastic. There's excellent space in front, back and cargo area. All the basics are well done: it's a great value. So, what's not to like. The onboard navigation system is effectively useless. Too dated and too many basic destinations not in the database--or not findable. Voice recognition just doesn't stack up even if you can remember the hundreds of commands and proper syntax. And you can't make adjustments to the route while driving. I now use my old Garmin portable GPS.

Very Happy
By flipmank on 09/05/13 19:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've been driving my Acura RDX AWD for about 5 months and I'm really happy with the car. Performance and comfort aside it's generally the best looking car in any crowded parking lot. Looks matter and the RDX (post 2012) looks better than most luxury SUVs.

Disappointment
By tinpyro on 08/05/13 10:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned many luxury vehicles over the years, when I initially came across the 2013 RDX I thought that I had discovered a true bargain. This , however, was not the case. The reason TRUE luxury vehicles cost more is because they are worth it. The RDX has flaws that I can over look but the wind noise from the doors and b pillars is simply unforgivable in a vehicle in this range. The dealer has done what it can but they cannot redesign the vehicle. Acura must be aware of this issue and I believe is simply choosing to ignore it. Had I taken a more extensive test drive I would not have purchased the vehicle, so...shame on me. I will unload the vehicle asap and accept the loss and move on.

So far so good
By newro on 07/26/13 12:21 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Got it new in February 2013 and while my wife drives it daily, I do drive it on weekends. It is solid, ride if good, plenty of power and gas mileage has been pretty good. The blue tooth is not very good, in fact I have had Acura's since 1996 and the one that I just traded, a 2010 TL had a blue tooth that was lots better. Cannot speak a phone number unless it is tagged, makes no sense, especially when you only get 15 tags. Giant step backwards on that one. Car is very good in the snow/rain. Have never driven a Lexus or BMW X3 but I would have to say that this Acura seems perfectly fine with typically Acura build quality

Lack Of Ride Comfort
By average_joe3 on 07/23/13 19:27 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

They disregard the new car warranty. I bought a new RDX six months ago and it has 5,000 miles. This so called luxury vehicle bounces more than a Magic Mountain ride, even in flat surfaces. The service technician agreed that it has a rough ride, yet the dealer did not even put it in a hoist to check if the suspension is loose. I get a headache every tim I drive it. Acura customer service considers the rough ride to be normal.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Acura RDX in NJ is:

$247 per month*