2012 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
Meh...it's okay
By 1plusinfiniti on 08/07/12 09:34 AM (PDT)

2012 Acura RDX 4dr SUV w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this after driving an 2008 Infiniti EX35, and I totally regret the purchase. The good thing is it's a bit cheaper on the 36 month lease, but performance is unwieldy and I'm not happy with the interior build quality.

Great Car!
By austonian on 01/13/12 13:14 PM (PST)

2012 Acura RDX 4dr SUV w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I traded my '07 BMW X3 for the '12 RDX. I wanted reliability in a small luxury SUV - which I expect from and Acura and was not getting from BMW. I expected the RDX to be a bit of a let down from the X3 from a driving perspective, but I was way wrong. I absolutely love driving the RDX! It's peppy, has a lighter, crisper feel, and I love the interior, which has very comfortable seats. No complaints from me. This has turned out to be a very good choice. (BTW, the '13 RDX was revealed at the Detroit Auto Show this week. IMO, the new body is very generic and too rounded. Get thee to an Acura dealer fast if you want the current RDX's distinctive look and lines.)

My first Japanese car
By scotch1 on 12/20/11 16:22 PM (PST)

2012 Acura RDX 4dr SUV w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My first choice was a BMW X3 or Audi Q5, but the price was about 9K to 10K more than the RDX. The car is sporty, fun to drive, good seating confort in the front and rear seats. Love the surround sound stereo, Nav and Blue Tooth. The voice commands to operate most controls is hit or miss. Have about 3K in miles so far, average about 19 to 20 in town driving. The ride is a bit stiff, but NVH is good. Have owned 4 Volvos, the RDX is much more compliant with impact harshness than any of my Volvos. Yeah, I hate the beak front end, but at least is does not look like the Nissan Joke, I mean Juke. Most Japanese cars lack the sense of design when to BMW or Mercedes.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Acura RDX in VA is:

$146 per month*