rdx with tech package
By thinkbig on
2011 Acura RDX 4dr SUV w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
I wanted a small SUV for more utility, ability to go through flooded streets and for a change of lifestyle. Was in a Camry for many years but hated not having no power and feeling like a old man. Printed a bunch of pictures of SUVs and showed it to my girlfriend. She Pick the Acura and I went down and got it. I think it was good decision as it is upscale and I needed to treat myself to something more than another Toyota. Reliable, safe, fun to drive, and that Turbo 4 is nice change of pace. Fuel economy is about what I expected around 18-19 range city. It uses premium fuel. When new the fuel economy was down to 16-17.
Favorite Features
Power. I love that I have a turbo 4 with ample power. Backup camera. Its an Acura. Tech package. Reliable. Have not had any repairs. Styling. The front is controversial but its not like you can see the front from the drivers seat. Heated outside mirrows. Auto climate system. Exclusivity. Dont see too many RDX running around.
Suggested Improvements
Seats are a little hard. A remote trunk release is biggest gripe. There is no remote release in the passenger compartment and not on key fab. For the price, they could have built it with power assist tailgate opener. Window door frames sometimes rattle when windows are down. Temp gauge is buried in a menu instead of being in gauge cluster. Not sure why temp gauge is hidden. A little too much plastic interior pieces. Interior trunk cover easily scratched.