Great Car for the $
By ljb5966 on
2011 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
I was deciding between the Outback (steering wheel issues) and the Prius (breaks, etc.) and reliability was the reason I looked elsewhere which is the #1 thing I have to have in a car, so I turned to Acura which currently has the best reliability rating of all manufacturers. I don't love the car, but we needed towing and I wanted a hatchback and this fit the bill at a decent price, and my husband is a Honda/Acura loyal follower. It is very nice car inside, but it is lacking in some areas.
Favorite Features
Red Pearl paint, steering wheel, paddle shifters, NAVI (the best out there), comfy seats, AWD, handling, wheels, being able to program door locks, lights, etc., great service, reliability.
Suggested Improvements
CUP HOLDERS! Acura's cubholders in all the cars are excellent, but for some strange reason their 2 SUV's have terrible (too shallow) cup holders - regular water bottles just topple over? They don't even have back-up holders in the doors. There is no sensor or button on the door handles to open the doors - you have to use the keyfob. It would be nice if the hatch had a button to pop it from the inside and it should be powered. I was fully aware all of these issues (at least for me) before I bought it, but hopefully Acura will listen. If it had great cup holders, I could forgive the hatch issue. Gas should be better for a 4 cyl car.