2011 Acura RDX Consumer Review: Not great for a petite woman!

2011 Acura RDX - Consumer Review

SH-AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Technology Package)

Not great for a petite woman!
By sylvanpt on

2011 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

When I test drove the car, it seemed perfect for my height--5'. It is not. Since buying the car and driving it, I'm having difficulty parking it. I can see over the hood, but something about the front end--length?-- causes me parking problems. Seat height limited--needs another 1-2". Seat belt doesn't lower where attached and cuts me across the throat. Passenger seat does not go up and down; husband needs a high seat to enter the car due to back problems and now has a difficult time getting in. Would not have bought the car had I been aware. No push button to lower rear door--have to stand on tip-toe to grasp the handle. Looks more like a station wagon, not SUV. Want my RAV 4 back!

Favorite Features

Colors...metallic silver with taupe interior. Peppy. Key start, not fob.

Suggested Improvements

Consider the petite woman...make seat go a little higher; make seat belt able to go lower; allow passenger seat to move up and down, not just back and forward; provide easy access push button system for lowering rear cargo door; provide better visibility when looking to far left before pulling out into traffic.