2011 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
New 2011 RDX Owner
By rdxfan on 03/25/14 06:34 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My comments are coming from a guy who has had a 2004 Saturn Vue (V6) for the last ten years. Very reliable vehicle so far, but not one bringing home awards and has squeaks and rattles all over. Bought a 2011 Certified RDX Tech Package less than two weeks ago. Not many sold, so I consider them the few, the unknown vehicle. Very comfortable seats. Toys galore that I have to concentrate on the road when driving. Just a much different driving experience than what I am used to. Yes, the suspension is much firmer, but taking a corner is fun. I don't slam on the turbo, as I do see how it eats gas. If you don't slam turbo, I just averaged 25.5 mpg according to computer.

Acura RDX
By mercurialrider on 10/31/13 07:46 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Overall I am happy with my RDX. I would at least recommend taking a look at this vehicle if you like Lexus and Acura vehicles. The handling was surprisingly better than expected. The staff and ammentites at the dealership were on par or better than many of the more expensive options. My dealer Phuong Davidson took her time and thoroughly explained my vehicles features and options even after I bought it and was professional and patient. The rest of the staff and management were also polite and easy going. I would recommend a visit to Pohanka Acura.

Not great for a petite woman!
By sylvanpt on 09/22/13 14:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura RDX SUV SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

When I test drove the car, it seemed perfect for my height--5'. It is not. Since buying the car and driving it, I'm having difficulty parking it. I can see over the hood, but something about the front end--length?-- causes me parking problems. Seat height limited--needs another 1-2". Seat belt doesn't lower where attached and cuts me across the throat. Passenger seat does not go up and down; husband needs a high seat to enter the car due to back problems and now has a difficult time getting in. Would not have bought the car had I been aware. No push button to lower rear door--have to stand on tip-toe to grasp the handle. Looks more like a station wagon, not SUV. Want my RAV 4 back!

rdx with tech package
By thinkbig on 02/11/12 20:08 PM (PST)

2011 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I wanted a small SUV for more utility, ability to go through flooded streets and for a change of lifestyle. Was in a Camry for many years but hated not having no power and feeling like a old man. Printed a bunch of pictures of SUVs and showed it to my girlfriend. She Pick the Acura and I went down and got it. I think it was good decision as it is upscale and I needed to treat myself to something more than another Toyota. Reliable, safe, fun to drive, and that Turbo 4 is nice change of pace. Fuel economy is about what I expected around 18-19 range city. It uses premium fuel. When new the fuel economy was down to 16-17.

Huge bang for the buck
By tpf1979 on 02/03/12 11:36 AM (PST)

2011 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

With BMW, Audi, and Mercedes getting all the attention in the luxury crossover market, the RDX is too often overlooked. I have owned my 2011 RDX base (front wheel drive) for 8 months and love it. You get a lot for your $30,000. Stellar acceleration and handling, all the creature comforts, and a premium feel (though not quite as "premium" as the German competitors). If you want to save a few thousand dollars and still get an excellent vehicle- give the RDX a long, hard look before jumping into that BMW. If you do not live in Alaska or extreme north east, consider front wheel drive for even a better value. I live in NJ and am getting through the winter just fine with my front wheel drive RDX.

Mostly Up
By farrellg on 06/03/11 21:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura RDX SUV SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Mostly a good experience, but small cargo capacity, small place for driver's stuff. Backup camera not good in bright sunlight. Nice drive with turbo and shifting, but poor mileage + uses high price gas. With Honda/Acura reliability, it should be very good. Would make changes in seating. Hard ride for all. Guess the MDX might have been a better choice. Should get better mileage.

4 Wheeled Vette
By thumper16 on 04/11/11 10:55 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura RDX SUV SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Haven't had this thing long, but what a step up from an underpowerd Honda CRV. Handling, power, fit and finish, all first class. Don't buy it if your looking for smooth. It is sportscar all the way. Drove the Infinity, Benz, and Lexus, all 10 grand or more expensive. I'm 6'2" and have plenty of room. Acually bought it for my wife and we arm wrestle for the key. If they could make this thing get 30mpg's it would be just about perfect.

2011 RDX FWD Base w/Roof Rack
By drr98 on 04/04/11 06:37 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

With Roof Rack (Installed - $667MSRP) $30,500 - sales price $33705.31 - w/tax, reg, lic, transfer, titling, Ca tire, doc prep & dmv e filing fees... Worked with the two Internet guys at Niello Acura in Sacramento. Both of these men made it so easy. Emailed what I wanted. Got a quote back. A few back and forths, a test drive and only 1 hour of office time. Found setting the c/c and varying gears (3,4,5,4,3...) using s mode is a great way to allow you to varying rpm (for proper break-in) while keeping the same speed while crusing the hiway. We are very happy with the RDX and the great price we got. Can't really review the Reliability when its not even broken in.

Great Car for the $
By ljb5966 on 03/14/11 13:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura RDX SUV SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I was deciding between the Outback (steering wheel issues) and the Prius (breaks, etc.) and reliability was the reason I looked elsewhere which is the #1 thing I have to have in a car, so I turned to Acura which currently has the best reliability rating of all manufacturers. I don't love the car, but we needed towing and I wanted a hatchback and this fit the bill at a decent price, and my husband is a Honda/Acura loyal follower. It is very nice car inside, but it is lacking in some areas.

Great Vehicle
By Bert on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Excellent service and thorough sales expertise and follow-up. Bob, (internet sales) at Clinton Acura, is an excellent sales person, who takes the time to explain all the features of the vehicle and provided full support throught he sales and after- sales process. The RDX is a great vehicle and performs well on the road. Great pick-up and handling for an SUV.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Acura RDX Suv in VA is:

$136 per month*