2011 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
4 Wheeled Vette
By thumper16 on 04/11/11 10:55 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Haven't had this thing long, but what a step up from an underpowerd Honda CRV. Handling, power, fit and finish, all first class. Don't buy it if your looking for smooth. It is sportscar all the way. Drove the Infinity, Benz, and Lexus, all 10 grand or more expensive. I'm 6'2" and have plenty of room. Acually bought it for my wife and we arm wrestle for the key. If they could make this thing get 30mpg's it would be just about perfect.

Fun to drive
By KP on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

So far, so good! Moved up from CR-V. The Acura has been fabulous to drive, very quiet and smooth. Interior is much more practical than CR-V and easier to adjust various things, and the engine/pick-up goes w/o saying. Exterior seems nice, get lots of compliments. Looked at Q5 and X3, for the money I think I got the best deal. Only complaint is the gas mileage. Yes, it is turbo charged, but a combined mpg around 23 would be more reasonable for a 4cy. On 5 tanks I get b/w 18-25mpg with 60% highway/40% city driving and not engaing the turbo charger as hard/often. Most weeks are lower end of range 18-20mpg. OEM tires seem OK so far, won't know for sure until Winter hits.

Good value
By jps1010 on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

After considering a number of different vehicles I finally narrowed it down to the RDX, the Nissan Murano and the Audi Q5. I thought the Audi was the nicest of the trio but the price and the long term reliability concerned me. The Murano was also very nice, however, I have heard there have been numerous problems with the CVT transmission. I believe the Acura gave me the best bang for the buck due to their proven reliability, 4 year warranty and convenience of getting a loaner in case anything significant is wrong with the car.

RDX Review
By JAMES on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car looks small and drives like a small car but interior/cargo space is plenty. I am 6'2 and i have plenty of rooms to spare. Acceleration and handling is great and coming from Civic Si and evo IX, this car definately deserves the title of sportiest CUV in the market. I opted for AWD without the technology package and it has everythingy. I cannot justify the price of $3000 on navigation. Overall, excellent vehicle with great value.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Acura RDX in VA is:

$108 per month*