Used 2011 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Acura Rdx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Nice certified off-lease ride
By njrdx

2011 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Purchased my 2011 as an off-lease Acura certified SUV. Got it for just under $23k with 30k miles and warranty good until 65k miles. Bought it Fall of 2014 and used it thru a tough winter, the SH-AWD was great! Has 36k miles now so have had it enough time to get very familiar. Do a mix of local and highway driving and it handles both well. With the rear seats down, plenty of room to haul things, the dog, etc. This is a good used car buy if all maintenance and servicing has been done. Turbo engines need on time oil changes. Buying as certified used from Acura is a good way to make sure this is the case.

Favorite Features

Turbo engine is nicely responsive, been getting 18.5 to 19.1 mpg with mixed driving. I get the best mileage with the tires at 34 psi cold. Like the transmission gearing too, set just right for lower speed good pickup. A nice feature, the rear storage security cover fits down on the rear floor if not needed. Great self storage, something you would expect in a Honda/Acura design. Overall the cabin and dash is well thought out too, very comfortable in day to day use.

Suggested Improvements

Minor gripes -- without the Technology Package the rear view camera is part of a larger oversized rear view mirror. Can be hard to see the image in bright light. The front windows rattle a bit when down and inch or so -- this is a common complaint with the RDX and the Honda CR-V too even when new. Wish there were cup holders in the doors and more cubby storage areas to stash things. The center armrest bin is very deep, almost overdone and easy to loose things.

New 2011 RDX Owner
By rdxfan

2011 Acura RDX 4dr SUV w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My comments are coming from a guy who has had a 2004 Saturn Vue (V6) for the last ten years. Very reliable vehicle so far, but not one bringing home awards and has squeaks and rattles all over. Bought a 2011 Certified RDX Tech Package less than two weeks ago. Not many sold, so I consider them the few, the unknown vehicle. Very comfortable seats. Toys galore that I have to concentrate on the road when driving. Just a much different driving experience than what I am used to. Yes, the suspension is much firmer, but taking a corner is fun. I don't slam on the turbo, as I do see how it eats gas. If you don't slam turbo, I just averaged 25.5 mpg according to computer.

Favorite Features

Toys Toys Toys. Bought a couple Audio DVD's just to listen to the stereo in full surround sound. The right size for me and two boys when needed. Steering and suspension is a pleasant surprise. I can see myself driving this car for a long time.

Suggested Improvements

None yet, but only had it a little longer than a week. Have old car as well, so not driving it everyday (though I want to)

Acura RDX
By mercurialrider

2011 Acura RDX 4dr SUV w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Overall I am happy with my RDX. I would at least recommend taking a look at this vehicle if you like Lexus and Acura vehicles. The handling was surprisingly better than expected. The staff and ammentites at the dealership were on par or better than many of the more expensive options. My dealer Phuong Davidson took her time and thoroughly explained my vehicles features and options even after I bought it and was professional and patient. The rest of the staff and management were also polite and easy going. I would recommend a visit to Pohanka Acura.

Favorite Features

The handling and the exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Just moderate adjustment for leg room in the back.

Not great for a petite woman!
By sylvanpt

2011 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

When I test drove the car, it seemed perfect for my height--5'. It is not. Since buying the car and driving it, I'm having difficulty parking it. I can see over the hood, but something about the front end--length?-- causes me parking problems. Seat height limited--needs another 1-2". Seat belt doesn't lower where attached and cuts me across the throat. Passenger seat does not go up and down; husband needs a high seat to enter the car due to back problems and now has a difficult time getting in. Would not have bought the car had I been aware. No push button to lower rear door--have to stand on tip-toe to grasp the handle. Looks more like a station wagon, not SUV. Want my RAV 4 back!

Favorite Features

Colors...metallic silver with taupe interior. Peppy. Key start, not fob.

Suggested Improvements

Consider the petite woman...make seat go a little higher; make seat belt able to go lower; allow passenger seat to move up and down, not just back and forward; provide easy access push button system for lowering rear cargo door; provide better visibility when looking to far left before pulling out into traffic.

rdx with tech package
By thinkbig

2011 Acura RDX 4dr SUV w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I wanted a small SUV for more utility, ability to go through flooded streets and for a change of lifestyle. Was in a Camry for many years but hated not having no power and feeling like a old man. Printed a bunch of pictures of SUVs and showed it to my girlfriend. She Pick the Acura and I went down and got it. I think it was good decision as it is upscale and I needed to treat myself to something more than another Toyota. Reliable, safe, fun to drive, and that Turbo 4 is nice change of pace. Fuel economy is about what I expected around 18-19 range city. It uses premium fuel. When new the fuel economy was down to 16-17.

Favorite Features

Power. I love that I have a turbo 4 with ample power. Backup camera. Its an Acura. Tech package. Reliable. Have not had any repairs. Styling. The front is controversial but its not like you can see the front from the drivers seat. Heated outside mirrows. Auto climate system. Exclusivity. Dont see too many RDX running around.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are a little hard. A remote trunk release is biggest gripe. There is no remote release in the passenger compartment and not on key fab. For the price, they could have built it with power assist tailgate opener. Window door frames sometimes rattle when windows are down. Temp gauge is buried in a menu instead of being in gauge cluster. Not sure why temp gauge is hidden. A little too much plastic interior pieces. Interior trunk cover easily scratched.