2010 Acura RDX Consumer Review: Nice Commuter SUV

2010 Acura RDX - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic)

Nice Commuter SUV
By bob on

2010 Acura RDX 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I finally found it, a compact crossover SUV that has the right combination of luxury, comfort, and drivability at a reasonable price. My daily big city commute requires superb acceleration and smooth handling to ensure a safe drive. The Acura RDX gives me this, is fun to drive, and gets reasonable gas mileage. The seats are wide and welcoming for my 50+ year old body. The RDX is a very good value compared to other luxury SUVs. The base model cost 10-15% less than the other SUVs that I considered, yet had all of the features that I wanted. And when I sit in it, I can tell that Acura delivers a high quality product.

Turbocharged four-cylinder engine. This car has the zip I need to handle a big city commute, yet the gas mileage is reasonable at around 20 mpg. The AC does a great job in the Southern heat and humidity. I love the Bluetooth wireless link for my cell phone.

I do not really like the curved crossover SUV design and the front beak, but I can live with it.