Great Sports Car
By Jonathon Wacek on
2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
When looking at crossovers it was hard to find one with design, reliability, and power. My wife wanted a CRV but I was not impressed with the small engine (166 hp for a big vehicle). I tried to convince my wife about the RAV4 with a V6 engine but she didn't like the style. We found the Acura and I believe it is a great compromise (250 hp!!). Great power and reliability I wanted, with the looks and feel she wanted. To my surprise it was only $2,000 more than a loaded CRV or RAV4 after neg. We have had it for about a month and my wife loves it. I am not impressed with the gas mileage. With a prius 17-19mpg hurts. As a crossover it fits our wants but we don't use it for towing or haul.
Favorite Features
Turbo and AWD. This vehicle drives like a sports car. Fast and fun. The AWD will shift traction from one tire to the other immediately e.g. while going around a sharp corner. Awesome.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage, premium fuel, and synthetic oil. I have a prius so maybe I'm spoiled. But no matter what I do I still can only at 20mgp in the city (max on a good day). I've come to the realization this is the price to pay for performance. However, synthetic oil only is changed ever 5000- 7500 miles.