A great segue for a Sports Car owner
By shivaswrath on
2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
I used to drive a '05 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII. Family changes forced my hand to the RDX, but I have been continually pleasantly surprised. VERY responsive engine, love the transmission with the paddle shifters, and excellent interior comforts. I do mostly highway commuting and this car has made every stopped moment in traffic on I-95 heaven. A worthwhile, long-term investment; just bear in mind maintenance isn't cheap since the turbo REQUIRES synthetic Mobil 1 ($100 a dealership).
Favorite Features
Even though I have a base model, the "standard" features like bluetooth (works AMAZINGLY well and clear for everyone), ipod steering controls, self-leveling HIDs, heated seats and mirrors, and driver lumbar support make this a steal within the CUV class. I also LOVE the interior (faux carbon fiber).
Suggested Improvements
The gas mileage could use some SERIOUS work; not sure if the need to throw a hybrid in there, ease up on how rich the fuel mixture is, but it's a 3900lb turbo-4!! Better quality leather? Better looking 18-in wheels. Active suspension would be nice, as it's stiff all the time; magnetic shocks?