Used 2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura Rdx - Consumer Reviews

2010 Acura RDX SUV

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

I too wish I could return
By sad_owner1

2010 Acura RDX SUV SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The 2010 RDX drives like a dream. Handles very well especially in the snow. I loved this car until I've had to make the following warranty replaced repairs... 4 new batteries, Replaced auto start, Replaced Air compressor relay switch, Alternator, Windshield wiper switch and still have issues with windshield wipers. This sadly, will be my last Acura

Favorite Features

It does drive like a dream when it starts. Handles very well especially in the snow. Is fun to drive. Great acceleration especially on our short parkway ramps.

Suggested Improvements

Terrible gas mileage.

Just Perfect For Us
By tom w

2010 Acura RDX SUV SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Can't tell you how much we like this car. We looked and drove many others before making our choice. It is the wife's car but I find myself making excuses all the time to drive it. Very fun to drive. Just like a go kart on take off. A lot of bang for your buck. Ours is black and we get a lot of people looking and asking about the car. It looks great. The people a Acura were very nice to deal with also. We leased and found the $0 down lease deal to be one of the best offered anywhere. My wife only puts about 10k a year which is what's offered in the lease. You can pre-buy extra miles which is smart if you drive a lot. If you put more than 12k a year you should purchase the car not lease.

Favorite Features

Performance, handsfree bluetooth, comfort, look and feel.

Suggested Improvements

None for us. Gas mileage is as good as expected with the pep this thing has.

2010 RDX Review - SH-AWD
By Justin

2010 Acura RDX SUV SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

First time buying an SUV. Looked at the Rouge, Escape Ltd., CX-7, Tiguan - also higher up the XC-60. For the money (paid $33) the RDX blew away the comp. Love the interior (first 'luxury car'), audio is awesome - leather heated, very comfortable seats (fr and bk). exterior is nice. Very peppy, i merge like a champ w/ the turbo. everyone compliments my new ride, & rightly so. I'm a proud owner BUT MPG is killing me. i need AWD (in Alaska) and I'm averaging 18.5 MPG. I drove a Jetta before, so maybe I'm over reacting but premium fuel and 18.5 is the only thing I'm not thrilled with. If you are in the $30-35k range this is the vehicle hands down. Happy Owner

Favorite Features

Comfy heated leather seats, Homelink, KILLER audio system (from Sade to Black Label Society to Pavarotti everything sounds awesome), Horsepower/turbo, Acura quality, Backup camera, pretty roomy for smaller SUV..

Suggested Improvements

Miles per gallon! I knew this before I got it. But didn't think I'd be this affected by it. If you commute 20+ miles to work - this is not the SUV for you! Fortunately, I don't. Unless you don't care about $. Nothing else. Love it (did I mention mpg?)

2010 RDX
By AG

2010 Acura RDX SUV SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I am very impressed with my RDX. Excellent on long drives. Power on demand with turbo is awesome! Even without technology package, tech features are great and way ahead of competitors. Solid feel with great agile handling. Cargo area very good for size (much better than BMW). Considering features, tremendous price/value. Gas mileage very acceptable for an SUV (23 mpg after only 3 wks. of ownership).

Favorite Features

Turbo, comfort, tech features (blue tooth, i pod adapter) roominess, handling, ride

Suggested Improvements

Interior hatch release, rear cup holders & power outlets

Excellent Value and Fully Loaded
By Mark

2010 Acura RDX SUV SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

After testing the BMW X3, Lexus, and Audi Q5 we happily selected the RDX. For the value the "base" model includes Bluetooth, heated seats, nice sound system, real time rear camera which shows up in the rear view mirror (pretty cool, just to name a few features. These features are additional packages in other crossovers and add a great deal to the cost. Moreover, the RDX is fun to drive with plenty of pick up, especially around corners.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Display arrangement in dash can be confusing.