Used 2010 Acura RDX Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura Rdx - Consumer Reviews

2010 Acura RDX SUV

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Fun to drive
By hmsq5

2010 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car puts a grin on my face every time I drive! Granted the front shield can be polarizing but overall the car is incredibly fun to drive. I had a '08 A4 prior to the RDX and the RDX handles corners better than the A4. And with way more power. Noise level between the two is about the same but the turbo growl on the RDX is really pleasant. I find the ride to be very comfortable, steering with good road feel and the interior clean and functional. We have a '11 Q5 2.0 and the RDX is much more fun to drive. The Q5 is bigger, quieter and feels more numb on the roads. It doesn't handle as well as the RDX, costs $8000 more comparably equip and Acura dealers are >>>>> than Audi.

Favorite Features

Handling, comfort, performance, value, turbo growl.

Suggested Improvements

Front shield overhang

Best Bang for the Buck!
By Tim

2010 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Researched for 6+ months. Looked at Hyundai, KIa, Ford, Toyota, Honda, GMC, Chevy, Nissan. Drove their small crossovers. For the money, paid under 30, this by far the best of the bunch. Fit and finish is top notch, super quiet ride, great acceleration, easy handling. Had owned a TL several years ago and found this as well built. Cost is 15% to 20% under Infinity, Audi and Lexus. The front wheel dive is as good as AWD costing 2 grand more. Would recommend to all.

Favorite Features

Front seat comfort, lots of storage bins, "base" stereo system is crisp and clear, easy to read gauges, rear leg room more than adequate, covered cargo area, comfortable but responsive, love the pickup of the turbo.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of many, so much is included in a base model.

Nice Commuter SUV
By bob

2010 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I finally found it, a compact crossover SUV that has the right combination of luxury, comfort, and drivability at a reasonable price. My daily big city commute requires superb acceleration and smooth handling to ensure a safe drive. The Acura RDX gives me this, is fun to drive, and gets reasonable gas mileage. The seats are wide and welcoming for my 50+ year old body. The RDX is a very good value compared to other luxury SUVs. The base model cost 10-15% less than the other SUVs that I considered, yet had all of the features that I wanted. And when I sit in it, I can tell that Acura delivers a high quality product.

Favorite Features

Turbocharged four-cylinder engine. This car has the zip I need to handle a big city commute, yet the gas mileage is reasonable at around 20 mpg. The AC does a great job in the Southern heat and humidity. I love the Bluetooth wireless link for my cell phone.

Suggested Improvements

I do not really like the curved crossover SUV design and the front beak, but I can live with it.

Great Purchase
By Will

2010 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this instead of the CR-V and GLAD we did. My wife and I have a small family and wanted something bigger than our Accord but with decent gas mileage but still fun to drive. This fits the ticket. Averages 22 mpg w/ mixed driving and got 28 on a road trip. Ride is a little rough but not bad and is more than likely the quality roads we have in Louisiana. Love the ability to play my mp3's. Very happy with purchase.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive and ability to play mp3's

Suggested Improvements

Ride but it isn't that bad.

Fun SUV
By Jeanie

2010 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

What a fun SUV! I've owned my RDX for 2 weeks now. Got it to replace my Toyota Sienna minivan in order to downsize with one of three kids now off to college. It's a smaller car for me, and I haven't traveled in yet yet with luggage, but so far I love it. VERY fun to drive. Unbelievable pick- up and handling. Comfortable. Easy to learn controls on the dash. My one negative is the stiff bumpy ride. I'm used to a carlike ride, so learning to tolerate the bumps will be a challenge. Also, when using the bluetooth and ipod on my iphone, the ipod sound will not work. I've got to figure that one out soon!

Favorite Features

#1 favorite feature is the turbo charged engine and the acceleration. Seat comfort is good. Stereo sound is good and controls easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

Include audio hard drive so can store mp3's, so don't have to hook up ipod. Less bumpy ride.