2010 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
I too wish I could return
By sad_owner1 on 01/28/14 17:27 PM (PST)

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The 2010 RDX drives like a dream. Handles very well especially in the snow. I loved this car until I've had to make the following warranty replaced repairs... 4 new batteries, Replaced auto start, Replaced Air compressor relay switch, Alternator, Windshield wiper switch and still have issues with windshield wipers. This sadly, will be my last Acura

Just Perfect For Us
By tom w on 07/01/10 09:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Can't tell you how much we like this car. We looked and drove many others before making our choice. It is the wife's car but I find myself making excuses all the time to drive it. Very fun to drive. Just like a go kart on take off. A lot of bang for your buck. Ours is black and we get a lot of people looking and asking about the car. It looks great. The people a Acura were very nice to deal with also. We leased and found the $0 down lease deal to be one of the best offered anywhere. My wife only puts about 10k a year which is what's offered in the lease. You can pre-buy extra miles which is smart if you drive a lot. If you put more than 12k a year you should purchase the car not lease.

2010 RDX Review - SH-AWD
By Justin on 06/14/10 17:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

First time buying an SUV. Looked at the Rouge, Escape Ltd., CX-7, Tiguan - also higher up the XC-60. For the money (paid $33) the RDX blew away the comp. Love the interior (first 'luxury car'), audio is awesome - leather heated, very comfortable seats (fr and bk). exterior is nice. Very peppy, i merge like a champ w/ the turbo. everyone compliments my new ride, & rightly so. I'm a proud owner BUT MPG is killing me. i need AWD (in Alaska) and I'm averaging 18.5 MPG. I drove a Jetta before, so maybe I'm over reacting but premium fuel and 18.5 is the only thing I'm not thrilled with. If you are in the $30-35k range this is the vehicle hands down. Happy Owner

2010 RDX
By AG on 06/12/10 21:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I am very impressed with my RDX. Excellent on long drives. Power on demand with turbo is awesome! Even without technology package, tech features are great and way ahead of competitors. Solid feel with great agile handling. Cargo area very good for size (much better than BMW). Considering features, tremendous price/value. Gas mileage very acceptable for an SUV (23 mpg after only 3 wks. of ownership).

Excellent Value and Fully Loaded
By Mark on 06/11/10 09:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

After testing the BMW X3, Lexus, and Audi Q5 we happily selected the RDX. For the value the "base" model includes Bluetooth, heated seats, nice sound system, real time rear camera which shows up in the rear view mirror (pretty cool, just to name a few features. These features are additional packages in other crossovers and add a great deal to the cost. Moreover, the RDX is fun to drive with plenty of pick up, especially around corners.

A great segue for a Sports Car owner
By shivaswrath on 12/27/09 07:45 AM (PST)

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I used to drive a '05 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII. Family changes forced my hand to the RDX, but I have been continually pleasantly surprised. VERY responsive engine, love the transmission with the paddle shifters, and excellent interior comforts. I do mostly highway commuting and this car has made every stopped moment in traffic on I-95 heaven. A worthwhile, long-term investment; just bear in mind maintenance isn't cheap since the turbo REQUIRES synthetic Mobil 1 ($100 a dealership).

Not Bad for a 1st time SUV owner
By Maria on 12/11/09 13:47 PM (PST)

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned this car since August 2009. I got it using the Cash for Clunkers program. I am overall pleased with the car. The gas mileage could be better but it is a 4cyl. turbo. I used to have only 6 cyl. vehicles and this car is faster than what I used to own. I wish we could use regular gas. It is fun to drive, handles the road well, great technology and love the heated seats. It suits the needs of my small family and I also did not want a large SUV being that this is the first time that I have owned an SUV.

2010 RDX (AWD)
By Robert McGuire on 11/14/09 08:04 AM (PST)

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have only had this vehicle for two weeks but I have enjoyed it very much. It is fun to drive, has the power I need when merging on to the highway and I love when the turbo kicks in. Not very pleased with the road noise and you feel every bump, that's something that my wife and I both agree on. The road noise you can get use to but the bumps are another thing.

Great Sports Car
By Jonathon Wacek on 08/30/09 10:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

When looking at crossovers it was hard to find one with design, reliability, and power. My wife wanted a CRV but I was not impressed with the small engine (166 hp for a big vehicle). I tried to convince my wife about the RAV4 with a V6 engine but she didn't like the style. We found the Acura and I believe it is a great compromise (250 hp!!). Great power and reliability I wanted, with the looks and feel she wanted. To my surprise it was only $2,000 more than a loaded CRV or RAV4 after neg. We have had it for about a month and my wife loves it. I am not impressed with the gas mileage. With a prius 17-19mpg hurts. As a crossover it fits our wants but we don't use it for towing or haul.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Acura RDX in VA is:

$122 per month*