Used 2010 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

I too wish I could return
By sad_owner1

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The 2010 RDX drives like a dream. Handles very well especially in the snow. I loved this car until I've had to make the following warranty replaced repairs... 4 new batteries, Replaced auto start, Replaced Air compressor relay switch, Alternator, Windshield wiper switch and still have issues with windshield wipers. This sadly, will be my last Acura

It does drive like a dream when it starts. Handles very well especially in the snow. Is fun to drive. Great acceleration especially on our short parkway ramps.

Terrible gas mileage.

Overpriced so-so SUV
By ezma

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I hoped the turbo is fun to drive. In order to get a car like this, performance is a must, but it doesn't. Use premium gas plus high priced in maintenance, this car is failed to qualify as a luxury SUV. The NAV is the worse one on market. I don't even want to use it because the lack of touch screen. To operate the NAV feel so dump. Turbo kick in is similar to the down shift gear. Bit just too slow. I would say even RAV4 V6 is way better than this junk. So this is a way overpriced with really bad performed SUV. 2010 to 2012 are the same. 2013 and later changed to V6 but no more SH-AWD. I don't see what's the position of this SUV.

SH-AWD. I think it should be good.

improve gas mileage. remove turbo and use regular unleaded instead. add touch screen nav.....

The Best small upscale SUV, hands down
By klrsmile

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Having test driven a variety of its competitors, including some SUVs up-market as well as down (GLK, X3, Q5, Highlander) as well as being a former MDX owner, my wife and I were equally impressed with the RDX, albeit for very different reasons. He: Love the performance, 0-60 in about 6 seconds - very impressive, and surprisingly nimble, a very fun car to drive. The stereo is equally impressive, sounds great and free 12 months subscription to satellite insures something for everyone to listen to. She: The cargo space handles weekend shopping and family upkeep with ease. Crash test ratings help keep the kids safe

Tech package, mid-level sports car performance, AWD is very capable, cargo space, Acura/Honda reputation.

MPG not as impressive as one might think. Average about 18 (he) and 20 (she) across the board. Road noise, while improved over earlier models, still pronounced, particularly with all-season tires.

Not really good for the money
By dahaad3925

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The RDX was really convenient for the extra cargo space, but it lacked two things that really bugged me. 1.) storage space in the cabin. There was absolutely no where to put anything out of sight in the cargo compartment. I wish they had put more little cubbies to store stuff in. 2.) The cabin noise when you drive down the street. I could hear everything and it drove me nuts! I am a luxury car owner. Before the RDX I owned a BMW, and in comparison I wanted my BMW back everyday. Overall, I don't think the RDX was worth the almost 40K I paid for it brand new. I'm not going to lie, the surround sound and technology was nice, but it's practicality is why it gets a partial substandard review.

Navigation, USB iPod connector, ELS surround sound, six disc in-dash CD player, XM radio, Bluetooth, SH-AWD.

Replace 4 cyl turbo with a six or five cyl and chuck the turbo. Add more storage around the cabin. Having all of it in the center console doesn't make any sense at all. Make the cabin quieter. Make the Navigation touch screen.

Fun to drive
By hmsq5

2010 Acura RDX 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car puts a grin on my face every time I drive! Granted the front shield can be polarizing but overall the car is incredibly fun to drive. I had a '08 A4 prior to the RDX and the RDX handles corners better than the A4. And with way more power. Noise level between the two is about the same but the turbo growl on the RDX is really pleasant. I find the ride to be very comfortable, steering with good road feel and the interior clean and functional. We have a '11 Q5 2.0 and the RDX is much more fun to drive. The Q5 is bigger, quieter and feels more numb on the roads. It doesn't handle as well as the RDX, costs $8000 more comparably equip and Acura dealers are >>>>> than Audi.

Handling, comfort, performance, value, turbo growl.

Front shield overhang