2010 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
I too wish I could return
By sad_owner1 on 01/28/14 17:27 PM (PST)

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The 2010 RDX drives like a dream. Handles very well especially in the snow. I loved this car until I've had to make the following warranty replaced repairs... 4 new batteries, Replaced auto start, Replaced Air compressor relay switch, Alternator, Windshield wiper switch and still have issues with windshield wipers. This sadly, will be my last Acura

Overpriced so-so SUV
By ezma on 09/25/13 10:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I hoped the turbo is fun to drive. In order to get a car like this, performance is a must, but it doesn't. Use premium gas plus high priced in maintenance, this car is failed to qualify as a luxury SUV. The NAV is the worse one on market. I don't even want to use it because the lack of touch screen. To operate the NAV feel so dump. Turbo kick in is similar to the down shift gear. Bit just too slow. I would say even RAV4 V6 is way better than this junk. So this is a way overpriced with really bad performed SUV. 2010 to 2012 are the same. 2013 and later changed to V6 but no more SH-AWD. I don't see what's the position of this SUV.

The Best small upscale SUV, hands down
By klrsmile on 01/16/12 14:27 PM (PST)

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Having test driven a variety of its competitors, including some SUVs up-market as well as down (GLK, X3, Q5, Highlander) as well as being a former MDX owner, my wife and I were equally impressed with the RDX, albeit for very different reasons. He: Love the performance, 0-60 in about 6 seconds - very impressive, and surprisingly nimble, a very fun car to drive. The stereo is equally impressive, sounds great and free 12 months subscription to satellite insures something for everyone to listen to. She: The cargo space handles weekend shopping and family upkeep with ease. Crash test ratings help keep the kids safe

Not really good for the money
By dahaad3925 on 06/04/11 12:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The RDX was really convenient for the extra cargo space, but it lacked two things that really bugged me. 1.) storage space in the cabin. There was absolutely no where to put anything out of sight in the cargo compartment. I wish they had put more little cubbies to store stuff in. 2.) The cabin noise when you drive down the street. I could hear everything and it drove me nuts! I am a luxury car owner. Before the RDX I owned a BMW, and in comparison I wanted my BMW back everyday. Overall, I don't think the RDX was worth the almost 40K I paid for it brand new. I'm not going to lie, the surround sound and technology was nice, but it's practicality is why it gets a partial substandard review.

Fun to drive
By hmsq5 on 02/28/11 04:37 AM (PST)

2010 Acura RDX 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car puts a grin on my face every time I drive! Granted the front shield can be polarizing but overall the car is incredibly fun to drive. I had a '08 A4 prior to the RDX and the RDX handles corners better than the A4. And with way more power. Noise level between the two is about the same but the turbo growl on the RDX is really pleasant. I find the ride to be very comfortable, steering with good road feel and the interior clean and functional. We have a '11 Q5 2.0 and the RDX is much more fun to drive. The Q5 is bigger, quieter and feels more numb on the roads. It doesn't handle as well as the RDX, costs $8000 more comparably equip and Acura dealers are >>>>> than Audi.

One happy buyer here
By May 2010 Buyer on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Having used these reviews in my decision, I'm repaying my debt to the forum. Great car, would buy it again. I would recommend to anybody looking for something fully loaded for base price, V6 power in a V4, and luxury without the price. Five months and 8,000 miles later, I can appreciate the quality and workmanship even more.

Navi
By Bean on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura RDX 4dr SUV w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The RDX is exeptional in every way...I'd recommend it to anyone. The quality is second to none. But I want to stress the superiority of the NAV package. After a recent road trip in a friend's Lexus, I am embarrassed for Toyota. The Honda Navi is far superior...the joy stick, zoom in/out, changing addresses on the go, categories of attractions, etc. The Acura Navi is intuitive, easy to use, fun and informative. I only have Lexus' to compare it to, but that Toyota's is a total waste of money.

Not much to not like
By scallaha on 08/25/10 11:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura RDX 4dr SUV w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I read plenty of Edmunds reviews for plenty of different cars before deciding on the RDX so now, I'm giving back. I needed something large enough for my small family (wife and kid), but also something I could look forward to driving. RDX fits the bill. I'm averaging 21 mpg which really isn't bad for a CUV/SUV size car even with upgrading tires to Bridgestone Alenzas (had to swap the hazardous OE tires with something that has traction). Really happy with the handling and performance balance with mpg. For a CUV, this is quite a fun car to drive. The interior is nice and the stereo in the tech package is way better than I expected. All in all, I'm quite happy with the purchase.

Follow-up to my previous Follow-up
By Follow-up...again... on 08/13/10 16:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura RDX 4dr SUV w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've driven it for a year and I LOVE it. I wondered if I would miss my bigger SUV after the "new car" was gone, but I don't. This is a great car. Fun to drive, sporty, and easy to fit into any parking place. MPG could be better, but on the highway I do a little better than 21 MPG so no complaints. The Navi is superior to competitors' systems for ex, don't have to be in park to enter a new destination, etc. With seats folded down, I can fit anything I have needed to carry. MPG is the ONLY draw-back. I think a 4 cylinder should do better (even if it drives better than a V6) but that's just me. I just wanted to assure readers that the car is worth the money. I'd buy it again!

2010 RDX - Impressive vehicle
By JR on 08/03/10 14:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The refreshed 2010 RDX is a significant improvement over the 2007 through 2009 in the following ways: 1) The ride is more compliant (suspension improvement) 2) The ride is quieter (the reduction in road noise was immediately noticeable) 3) The turbo is quieter from inside the RDX as well as engine noise which is more muted than before. I think they even changed some of the materials a little bit to quiet things down 4) The leather is improved (softer, more supple) 5) The navigation screen is a bit larger 6) USB interface has been added 7) The front grill on this one actually looks classy and more luxurious than the previous front end. 8) Etc, etc, etc.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Acura RDX in VA is:

$124 per month*