2009 Acura RDX Consumer Review: Love It!

2009 Acura RDX - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Love It!
By Lynne on

2009 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I just picked up my new RDX & I LOVE IT! I traded in my 10 yr old Saturn which I loved (low maint. & great reliability) but wanted an upgrade in quality (interior, features, etc). I do a lot of driving & the RDX has NOT disappointed so far. I read a LOT of reviews before buying & I have to say that the ride is a little rough but was expecting the "sporty drive" so I don't mind it. I have to respectfully disagree w/ complaints about the fuel economy. My 4-cyl Saturn ave. 30mpg, so I was prepared for a big bite into my fuel budget. Have put about 200miles on the RDX so far and I'm ave. 25mpg (60% hwy). Not bad! I don't dog it on the Turbo but it's a comfort knowing it's there if I need it.

Hands Free Link (use it A LOT), tire pressure gauge, AWD (haven't had opp. to try it yet), Turbo, sound system (whoo-ya!), this car is FUN!

Smoother ride, more voice command capability on HFL. Really minor stuff if you do your homework first and know what you're buying. I wrestled with whether to upgrade to Tech Pckg but opted not to. Maybe next time...