2009 Acura RDX Consumer Review: Long term review

2009 Acura RDX - Consumer Review

Long term review
By tom on

2009 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Have owned the SUV for one year and 18k miles now. Fun to drive, good visibility, excellent handling and did real well in the New England winter. I am not a very aggressive driver and don't use the paddle shifters much. I do a mix of highway and city driving. I am averaging 21 mpg. The rear suspension is very firm which could be uncomfortable for rear adult passengers on longer trips. I owned another Acura five years ago. I was disappointed with the fit and finish of my SUV. Total of three trim pieces on the dashboard and passengers door panels were replaced under warranty because they became loose. Had to also take it back for rattling sound behind the glove box .

Responsive engine and transmission. Easy to use navigation system. Awesome handling, minimal body role on tight corners. Versatile vehicle.

Disappointed with the fit and finish of this SUV. Maybe it is just this car but have not had these type of issues with previous Acuras. Fuel economy should be at least 5-6 mpg higher for this class of SUV.