2009 Acura RDX Consumer Review: Like an MDX and Accord all in

2009 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Review

Like an MDX and Accord all in one
By jbriscoe on

2009 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I owned a 03 MDX and 07 Accord V6 previously...I wanted to go back to a SUV...just not a large one. The RDX fit the bill for me. I get 22 mpg non highway driving at an avg speed of 28 mph, I drive 66 mi daily round trip to work. The turbo kicks in when needed and the ride inside the cabin is quiet. The road feel can be bumpy on poorly maintained streets and the handling is great on quick turns. If you need more cargo room and a fold down third seat, opt for the MDX and a few less mpg. I'm 5'3 and my husband is 6'1 and we both have plenty of head and leg room.

I like the large center storage console which can be locked up, the audio package, and the style of the vehicle. 5 star safety test rating. Programmable driver postions. Cup holders that can actually hold two large sized cups side by side.

Keyless remote for the lift gate and keyless ignition would be great added features for Acura to consider.