2009 Acura RDX Consumer Review: 2009 Acura

2009 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Review

2009 Acura
By Dave on

2009 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have had my Acura for 2 months now and have close to 1,800 miles. I have had a rattle on the left hand side of the car since 65 miles. I am bringing it back to the dealer again next week. The cars mpg has never gotten over 16. It is the winter in WI. It handles well in the snow but not any better than my BMW 525XI was. The interior parts are very cheap. It is very bumpy in the city and drives like a jeep wrangler. I had better expectations from this car. It is not of a near luxury type of car. I lease it and have to drive it for another 34 months. I was recently in a Ford Escape that did not rattle like mine and had a quieter ride. Dealer apologizes but tells me I shouldn't expect much.

The radio is very good. The sound is excellent and clear. It is easy getting in and out of the car. The dash is also laid out clearly.

This car is not a BMW, had the x3 or the VW Tiguan been bigger these would have been my vehicle of choice. No rear hatch release. The hood use's a arm to hold it in place. The screen on the radio for XM does not display enough info as the letters are too large. The pick-up is decent but not quick.