2009 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
Never Again
By Mark from Sacramento on 10/21/09 20:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife got the car and she seems happy with it, but I think the lack of visibility out the back is dangerous. The rear window is very small and then further blocked by the driver's headrest. Visibility out the driver's side is also bad because of the frame between driver and passenger windows. The real problem is the delay in acceleration which is maddening. Delay is usually 1 second but if you really need to pull in front of a car to make an exit you need to know it may the sequence which is engine revs, wait a second, wait a second, and then car accelerates, but not quickly. I can't believe this is supposed to be a premium car. Also high hood blocks forward view a little.

Not overly impressed
By Jack Gantos on 09/09/09 18:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had my RDX for nearly three years on a lease and I will be turning it in and not getting another. The gas mileage is well below what is listed at 17mpg in town. I live in Boston and drive around town and get about 11/12 miles per gallon, and I'm not a lead foot. The Turbo is not as responsive as it should be--there is some lag, but it is not bad when it kicks in. Just not as perfect as the sales people tell you it is. The interior is basic. Visibility is routine. Body design is nice. But the interior trim is just an upgraded version of a Nisson X-Terra. I question if my "leather" seats are really leather. They remind me of the Mercedes leather- like material I had in my Turbo D.

Fun to Drive
By rd on 08/13/09 06:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love this car! I have an Acura MDX too but this thing is fast. The seats are very comfortable, cabin noise is minimal. I do not understand the poor mileage complaint. I have driven the car for last 7000 miles and I have consistently gotten around 22 mpg. Nice leg space in rear seats. Good sound system. Great value for money and without sacrificing the fun part. Fast acceleration when needed. If you are looking into CR-V or RAV4 with all options, please buy this instead. Worth it! Nice ride too. Truly, not bumpy at all. They must have and 'have' softened the suspension since the original 2007 model. Its as good as any other SUV.

A fun, fun, fun sporty little SUV
By accurashopper on 07/09/09 09:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I absolutely adore this SUV! I drove a mid-size sedan for many years and it did take some time to adjust to the RDX. The tilt down mirror on the passenger side is wonderful when backing. The interior is well laid out with all of the controls within easy reach. The center console is deep - it holds my large purse with room to spare. The front seats are comfortable and there's ample knee space in the rear with the front seats all the way back. Ride is firm - you feel some of the bumps and hear a little road noise, but the fun factor outweighs any of this. Fits my small family perfectly. Represented an excellent value for the money compared w/competition. Currently get 19 mpg city.

Beware
By Fred on 07/08/09 08:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is not the luxury car that Acura should be selling. Unlike other Acuras, the vehicle does not have automatic headlights, a basic safety and convenience feature available on similar, and many far less expensive cars. The gas mileage is far less than advertised. It is very difficult to open the rear door. The instrument panel, particularly the radio controls, are poorly designed and difficult to use. While the turbo engine is very good and the ride is decent, the car is not what I have come to expect from Acura -- they should be ashamed.

2 Years Later
By Levelheaded on 06/16/09 07:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a jazzed up Honda at best. By no means does this truck have a true level of luxury, in fact, an Accord V6 may be more luxurious. That being said, it's all about performance in the RDX, and a fun factor that you will not find in any other smaller SUV. The RDX is the best driving small SUV out, it's faster, handles better, and has fantastic steering - new editions like the Q5 will give it a run, but its price keep it from being shopped together.

Love It!
By Lynne on 06/15/09 08:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I just picked up my new RDX & I LOVE IT! I traded in my 10 yr old Saturn which I loved (low maint. & great reliability) but wanted an upgrade in quality (interior, features, etc). I do a lot of driving & the RDX has NOT disappointed so far. I read a LOT of reviews before buying & I have to say that the ride is a little rough but was expecting the "sporty drive" so I don't mind it. I have to respectfully disagree w/ complaints about the fuel economy. My 4-cyl Saturn ave. 30mpg, so I was prepared for a big bite into my fuel budget. Have put about 200miles on the RDX so far and I'm ave. 25mpg (60% hwy). Not bad! I don't dog it on the Turbo but it's a comfort knowing it's there if I need it.

Good value for Money
By corduroygt on 06/14/09 22:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I got my RDX tech for around 32k + taxes. I think for the price, the feature content is great. I don't know why people think it rides harsh, I think the ride/handling balance is just right, sporty and confidence inspiring without being too harsh or floaty. The worst thing about this car is the omission of a couple cheap-but-nice features, and the fuel economy, which could have been better if they put the V6 under the hood. It's got more than enough power to deal with traffic.

Long term review
By tom on 05/05/09 10:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Have owned the SUV for one year and 18k miles now. Fun to drive, good visibility, excellent handling and did real well in the New England winter. I am not a very aggressive driver and don't use the paddle shifters much. I do a mix of highway and city driving. I am averaging 21 mpg. The rear suspension is very firm which could be uncomfortable for rear adult passengers on longer trips. I owned another Acura five years ago. I was disappointed with the fit and finish of my SUV. Total of three trim pieces on the dashboard and passengers door panels were replaced under warranty because they became loose. Had to also take it back for rattling sound behind the glove box .

Great Car
By Leonid on 04/22/09 18:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have been driving this car for about a month and I have really enjoyed every moment in it while at the wheel. It accelerates and runs great. The turbo engine is amazing. My wife and I like the RDX exterior and interior. The ergonomics is virtually perfect. I think the RDX is one of the best buys on the SUV market.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura RDX Suv in VA is:

$117 per month*