2009 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
Like an MDX and Accord all in one
By jbriscoe on 06/30/12 23:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I owned a 03 MDX and 07 Accord V6 previously...I wanted to go back to a SUV...just not a large one. The RDX fit the bill for me. I get 22 mpg non highway driving at an avg speed of 28 mph, I drive 66 mi daily round trip to work. The turbo kicks in when needed and the ride inside the cabin is quiet. The road feel can be bumpy on poorly maintained streets and the handling is great on quick turns. If you need more cargo room and a fold down third seat, opt for the MDX and a few less mpg. I'm 5'3 and my husband is 6'1 and we both have plenty of head and leg room.

Comparing the RDX to BMW X3
By jmh12 on 12/28/11 09:16 AM (PST)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I traded my X3 for a used RDX. While the X3 was a good car, it's reliability was waning after 100K. The RDX was a great choice. Reminds me of the X3. Ride is about the same (choppy over rough spots) but handles even better than the X3. Seems roomier and gets a bit better gas mileage. Sure you can get low miles if you keep your foot in the turbo. I'm getting 23 to 27 on the highway and 19 in town. This is the AWD version too. I have an MDX that's been a reliable car. I expect the RDX to follow suit. It's a great car for one who enjoys driving and isn't put off by the tight suspension. Plus it's an Acura.

What a snatch!
By itzsyk on 12/17/11 00:16 AM (PST)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

It's been 2 great years since I first picked this baby up. The biggest reason for choosing this car, is because the 2.3 liter engine from Honda is only used in the RDX. The small turbo is also very peppy. There's virtually no lag - VTec kicks just under 4k rpm. Unfortunately, the drop in peak power is very noticeable. The ride is stiff, but supple. Just enough to feel confident without suffering back pains. I put regular gas for 1k miles recently, and to my surprise, there was no loss in power. But, there was loss in the stiffness of the steering wheel. Regardless, I advise premium gas. The brakes were the biggest disappointment. They feel like they stop 60-0 in 130-140 ft.

compares to other luxury vehicles
By ronispeech on 07/04/11 12:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We have driven Lexus, BMW, Jeep and Infinity SUV'S and have been most impressed with our Acura RDX!! This SUV handles beautifully and we have only required scheduled maintenance for oil changes. We plan on purchasing/leasing a second RDX this spring.

Love this car
By Lindsey on 03/29/10 08:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I'm really enjoying this SUV! I really love the size and room it has on the inside! The only problems that I've had are the speakers, I blew three of them! And I have no idea how! This car is fun to drive and everyone that rides in this car loves it! I looked at many SUV's before purchasing this one! This one was by far the best! Perfect size and not a lot of people have this car! SO you wont have the same car as everyone else!

Know what you're buying
By Nick on 03/20/10 09:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We wanted a AWD vehicle to travel in winter to Northern NV and Sierra Nevada mtns. We wanted a small SUV. We loved the CR-V but it was a Dog (4 Cyl.) and the Rav4 was stylish 10 years ago, so we checked out the RDX. It has impressive quickness & handling and it's really fun to drive. What we didn't expect is the gas mileage. We have only gotten 17 mpg in town once and highway isn't much over 20. On long trips be prepared to gas up frequently (and always with premium). Overall I really like the SUV and the fact that the turbo doesn't lose power with elevation. Know what your buying -an AWD SUV w/ a turbo- and accept that you won't get great mileage.

It's almost one year
By giri80 on 03/16/10 13:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car as a graduation gift for my self! I already have 25,000 miles on the car drove all across the country. So far the ride is fun. Cabin can be a bit quieter, awesome 4 awd handling it's fun to drive in rain and snow. Fuel economy is excellent on hwy (24) but not good in city (17- 18). Interior materials can be of better material. Plastic used is of low quality. I love the seats though. Climate control, audio, back leg room and cargo space very good. I would suggest this buy over a crv, rav4 or Forester any day.

CAN'T WAIT TO GET RID OF
By Double L on 02/05/10 09:12 AM (PST)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The dealer would NOT allow us to take on highway; now I know why. The ride is so bumpy that you feel sick to your stomach. We can't get the sports suspension changed because it will cause the warranty to be invalid. I should have walked away after being jacked around by the dealership with agreeing to match printed price of others; and then hemm & ha for 5 hours trying to figure out how to get out of that one. I should of, could of, and didn't; so now I'm stuck with a vehicle that makes me throw up on bumpy highways or gets us dizzy.

Deeply Conflicted
By fischb on 12/22/09 06:32 AM (PST)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I am deeply conflicted about this car. It drives sporty and tight, but on rough pavement it is too bumpy. There are 3 competing electronic displays, but technology is about 8 years old. Voice recognition is the worst as is the nav. Fuel economy is stellar for this segment, 22 MPG, but linear accelleration is impossible due to the mismanaged turbos. The leather is cheaper than Benz's imitation stuff. Handling on snow is bad due to torquiness, so I had to get snow tires. Exterior styling is suspect, but I like its small size. In the end, I am trading after one year for a BMW X6, if only to save my sanity from the tortuous fan whine when you turn on the heat.

Worst car I have ever owned
By Priscilla Morris on 12/04/09 06:18 AM (PST)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Rough ride, poor interior quality, way too expensive to be this bad . So sad it is such a sorry ride and quality.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura RDX Suv in WA is:

$148 per month*