2008 Acura RDX 2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Technology Package Consumer Review - Fun, but expensive to operate

2008 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Review

Fun, but expensive to operate
By MCK on

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I traded my 2004 Expedition for a more efficient vehicle. After 1400 miles of combined driving the computer indicates we averaged 14.7 MPG on expensive premium gas (required). That is almost exactly the same mileage my big Expedition was obtaining on regular gas. Needless to say, I am terribly disappointed. On a positive note, the car is very comfortable (except, a lot of fun to drive, the technology package is amazing, the sound system is even more amazing. The handling system in the car is a technological masterpiece. But at 28.5 cents per mile for fuel (and rising), it sits peacefully in the garage while we drive our Civic and EOS around town.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, sound system, technology suite, very comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

No automatic headlights?? C'mon! 14.7 MPG with a 4 cyl and premium gas? How can that possibly be acceptable? Better sound insulation (I can't hear people talk at freeway speeds). I realize it is sports tuned, but can you make the ride a little smoother? A rear glass window that opens would be nice.