2008 Acura RDX Consumer Review: A Great Compromise

2008 Acura RDX - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic)

A Great Compromise
By Jim R on

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Having spent a year and 13,000 miles with my RDX, I'm very pleased with the experience. After driving European sport sedans for the past 20 years, I wanted the utility, AWD, and taller view of a compact SUV. However, I didn't want to give up the "fun to drive" nature of my previous vehicles. The RDX delivers. It's very quick. And the ride is somewhat firm -- what I expected and wanted in a vehicle that enjoys attacking mountain curves. Yet, to me the ride is by no means harsh. The interior is well designed and fairly luxurious. Acura reliability is a huge bonus -- I got to know the service techs far too well with my previous cars.

Quickness, great fun to drive, SH-AWD, and a comfortable (fairly luxurious) interior.

I'm not thrilled by the looks of the front end. Also, my highway MPG is 25 -- good compared to a SUV but certainly less so when compared to some sedans. It's all about compromise.