Used 2008 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura Rdx - Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura RDX SUV

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Right Choice For Me
By Satisfied Owner

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Car is wonderful to drive. Quick and nimble, quiet yet solid. I purchased the RDX with Tech package and am glad I did so. Nav system is great and the ELS Stereo system is impressive. The drive is a sporty, stiffer drive which I prefer. I now have 3,300 miles and in mixed driving I am averaging 23 mpg.

Favorite Features

Navigation & stereo. Heated seats. Quick turbo! XM radio. DVD audio sounds incredible.

Suggested Improvements

Reduced glare on nav system screen. DVD audio discs, as great as they sound, are hard to find. SACD might have been a better choice for Acura. I wish the radio would display the names of songs/artists for AM and FM channels and for CD's/DVD A. Only XM displays artist/song names.

For the Most Part -- Happy Owner
By RDX'er

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The style, speed, handling, AWD aspects are great. The fuel economy could be better but is improving as the miles drive increases. Dealer did have to replace the left front brake caliper due to a rattle noise but dealer assured me it was a new, factory replacement part not rebuilt. Would be nice if it had auto on/off headlights and if the air conditioning "auto" function would always work with the recirculating button engaged -- living in the city you have to pretty much keep the recir button on all the time.

Favorite Features

Turbo, AWD, handling, ride, xenon headlights, paddle shifters without having to move to sport shift, maintenance minder (especially for oil change).

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice if it had auto on/off headlights and if the air conditioning "auto" function would always work with the recirculating button engaged -- living in the city you have to pretty much keep the recir button on all the time. Also needs a compass in the rear view mirror or in the dash display.

Better than BMW X3
By Cindy

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Before purchasing the RDX, I drove a 2005 BMW X3 for three years. I loved my X3, but the newer models are quite expensive. I'm just delighted with the RDX. It has a similar drive to the X3 and the savings over the X3 is huge. Was treated very well by the dealer and I've had for a week and absolutely adore this vehicle. It is designed very well and the interior of the car is actually nicer than the X3, in my opinion. The seating is every bit as good as the X3. I'm looking forward to my first long road trip in my new RDX. It corners like a BMW and has a sports car type feeling when you drive it. It is a nice package!

Favorite Features

Seating, interior, Bluetooth, attractive exterior, drive, cornering, great acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage would be a plus, but I am finding it is about the same as my old X3 - not too bad for this size SUV.

Fun to Drive
By 3rdAcura

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I leased this vehicle back in November 07 after trading in my TL, and have been very pleased overall. There is a slight clinking sound from somewhere under the dash that randomly comes and goes and the dealer cannot identify it. Aside from this which does not affect performance, the ride is both quick and sporty. Pick up is incredible with the turbo engine. I find that the cargo space is adequate for our needs and we can fit our child's stroller in the back easily. I can also get golf clubs in back without having to angle them. It is a fast sporty sedan in a mini SUV body. We proceeded to get rid of our Jeep Hemi Engine and lease an MDX as well putting us into our third Acura.

Favorite Features

Turbo charged engine, sight lines, stereo system, heated seats warm up quickly.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is not as good as my TL was, but for the vehicle, I did not expect much more than I am getting, for the type of driving I do. I would prefer to run mid grade in it, but that is a noticeable difference in performance. Rear tail gate lifter from inside. Power passenger seat would be nice.

Powerful RDX... like a bomb
By Ravi

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Purchased base RDX 3 months ago. Its value for money and it delivers as promised. Like its initial pickup. You will be ahead of traffic!! Like its estimated MPG feature and shows how fuel efficient you can drive. I am getting around 16 miles in city.

Favorite Features

Estimated MPG, MP3 player and sound system, xenon lights that follow like an arc wherever you go!!!

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth features could be better, preferred auto rear door and power passenger seat.