2008 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
2008 Acura RDX
By Dave Willson on 02/19/08 20:36 PM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

What a great car. Can't beat the bang for the buck. The tech package is amazing, the acceleration is great and the car is useful and fun to drive. The only two negatives are the gas mileage (I only get about 20 mpg) and the fact that the front passenger seat isn't power. Otherwise, I can't complain about one thing!

RDX is a rocket!
By Steve on 02/15/08 20:23 PM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Love my RDX. It has exceeded my expectations. Last two cars have been BMWs 3 & 5 Series and will never go back. Acura gives a great car for the money and very solid. Much more reliable than the BMW and performs better. Gas mileage isn't that bad (about 19) considering it's a 4000 lb car and it flies!

The All-Everything SUV
By Acura Owner on 02/12/08 10:26 AM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This SUV has it all. All-wheel drive and a turbo and all the technology features you need (including a free 3-months subscription to XM-Radio and a back-up camera) in a true luxury package. This car re-defines obsessive-compulsive traits up towards the maximum in terms of vehicle mechanical design and attention to interior fit and finish. On the road the vehicle is quiet, powerful and handles like a sports car on tight turns. The turbo has no noticeable lag and makes highway merging a breeze. Once at cruising speed, the electronics enable you to easily check on all important vehicle functions without taking you hands off the steering wheel or your eyes off the road.

It's a Thrill Ride!
By Drwarf on 02/11/08 12:58 PM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I finally own my dream vehicle. This RDX is beautiful. I picked the carbon bronze because not too many vehicles on the road are that color. The AWD is superb for handling in any situation. The turbocharged engine is very good for performance in passing and acceleration, better than some V6s. The interior is very comfortable with the adjustable driver seat and roomy enough second row. The satellite radio, 360-watt stereo system, dual climate, digital read-outs, and memory seats are all awesome for standard equipment. The fuel economy is respectable and premium gas is not a problem. This crossover is a 10 all the way around. Thanks Acura for another innovative, top-of-the-line vehicle.

So much fun
By Marc on 02/04/08 13:10 PM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Just picked up the RDX 2 weeks ago and love it so far. My fiancée wanted an SUV, I wanted a sports car and we settled on the RDX. It has the body and space of an SUV, the interior of a luxury sedan, and drives like a sports car. I spent months looking at similar rides such as the BMW X3, Infiniti EX, Honda CRV, Rav 4 and this car had the most to offer in terms of features and was priced right in the middle of the pack. I couldn't be happier.

Love My RDX
By RDXLover on 01/18/08 20:43 PM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Love my new RDX. It's fun to drive and has all the bells and whistles that I was looking for. Tech Package is a must especially if you like gadgets. Handsfree bluetooth works great. Very easy to to use and program. Nav system is also very easy to use, easy to use voice commands. Much better than my Camry bluetooth and nav

Nearly as Fun as a Mini
By Eilidh on 01/10/08 20:20 PM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

When my cute mini cooper became a sled in the Boston winter, I reluctantly hunted for a small SUV. After much deliberation, decided on the Acura over the BMW X3 on cost and reliability. So glad I did - the sound system is superb, the build is quality, bikes fit in the back, the turbo makes pleasing whooshes and the acceleration is plenty for me. Its just as grin inducing as a mini - and no icy skidding. Negatives include instructions more mind boggling than physical chemistry textbooks and a voice recognition system that doesnt quite understand my UK English. However, I'm persevering to learn Honda-ese and confident we'll become friends. An excellent fun car in every way.

Awesome vehicle!!!
By Brenda Rodrigues on 01/08/08 11:45 AM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great SUV! I received this SUV after totaling my 2002 dodge neon. I was telling my husband how much I loved the MDX but not just any MDX. It had to be the older model because I was no fan of the rounded backs. After a wise car salesman convinced me that I could get a 2008 RDX for the price of a used MDX with nearly 30-50 thousand miles it was no surprised I rushed to take the RDX for a test drive. After the test drive I was sold. We visited that dealership more than my in laws… literally. After a few weeks of debating, on 12/15/07 my husband purchased me the 2008 tech RDX. I have put well over a thousand miles on it and I have had it less than a month. It is a joy to drive!

I love this car!!
By sfduckie on 01/02/08 10:59 AM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've never owned an Acura before but I'm now a huge fan! The RDX is fun to drive, has great visibility, and the base model comes with absolutely everything you'd want (CD, bluetooth, MP3 hookup, XM radio free for 3 months, moonroof, seat warmers, etc). Also, the driver interface (at least on the base model) is intuitive and uncluttered. It feels like they really have the driver in mind. I highly recommend this car! I'm so happy I bought it!

Nice car to have
By czechmate on 12/10/07 14:58 PM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I only have a few hundred miles on it. It is well made with nice internals and a few bugs. Complicated not-so-friendly navigation system. One must learn the exact commands (over 100 of them) to handle it safely and efficiently while driving. There is information missing on streets that have been in existence for many (7) years. If that is to be programmed one needs to look up MAP-IT beforehand and find the major intersection.. The engine require synthetic MOBIL-1 oil, and a higher octane gasoline. Trunk is large enough but be prepared to purchase the cargo net.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.