Used 2008 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Awesome vehicle
By Bob La Salle

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have about 2,500 miles on it now and I get about 19 mpg all city driving, 26 all highway, much better than the other reviews. It helps fuel economy if you keep that turbo gauge needle pointing down at the bottom, but the power is there when you need it. It is really fun to drive and just the right size; awesome stereo & interior electronics; sporty to drive & sporty/plush ride.

Styling in and out, SH-AWD, turbocharger, tech package, especially the nav and rear camera; Honda/Acura quality throughout.

Rear camera display needs reference data like Nissan/Infiniti uses; keyless entry & ignition like to RL uses; cooled seats; too much glare on nav screen.

Amazing SUV at an amazing price point
By dep

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Wow! For the money the RDX really delivers. I think of it as a cross between the TL Type S and the MDX. Power is ample and the turbo makes it fun. Grip, hold, and road feel are spot on. The RDX makes you feel like you are attached to the pavement with no chance to ever come loose. Acura, as they tend to do, has really invested a LOT in the technology and engineering that you will never see. From the SH-AWD to the first of its kind dual stage turbo. So far, we are really impressed with the RDX.

Performance, grip, interior design and build. Tech package radio is amazing. Nav, while not touch screen, is very good.

Please go back to a touch screen nav! Other than that, fuel econ could be better of course; 20 MPG average for a 2.3l I4 seems low but I guess if you compare it to an engine with similar power it is doing very well. Finally, the RDX really needs intelligent key entry!

Great so far!
By af145

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We've had this car for 2 weeks, and both my wife and I love it so far. Turbo works great, giving you the extra boost when needed and staying "asleep" while you are just cruising along the highway. The RDX handles much better than the 2002 Honda Accord V6 we used to drive. The car is truly loaded with features. To pick a few: the navigation system knows your speed and gives you correct instructions even while the satellites are obstructed; the HUGE center storage keeps the glove box free of regular clutter (radar detector, Garmin nav) and has enough space for my wife's purse; voice recognition correctly understands our accented English; homelink replaces the ugly garage door remote.

Everything! Turbo, handling, center storage bin, homelink, memory seats, hands-free bluetooth, voice-activated trip computer, navigation. Great value!

Fuel economy, of course. Everything else is truly minor, but would be Nice: power passenger seat, center console pocket for sunglasses, touch-screen for nav/radio, for bluetooth -- access to phone's phonebook.

A Satisfied Owner
By ledwinka

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Worked as a vehicle test engineer for an European car company when I fell in love with the SH-AWD system on the RL. Got the RDX based in July of 2007. Handling is light and responsive for a car with this huge mass. Turning corners is a dream with the SH-AWD: it ate corners while driving down I-80 near Lake Tahoe, CA. Turbo lag is small compared to other turbo cars but you can hear them. Durability has been excellent. People all comment how pricey this car looks and become surprised at the price. Very comfortable seats. Love the relatively large width of the vehicle. Rear seat space is very large for people of two, even three. Lament that I did not get the nav system.

SH-AWD: a dream to have.

Improve fuel economy: add hybrid or something. Add more hi-tech options such as AFS, keyless entry, panorama sunroof, LED type rear combination lamps. Exterior design is unique but unimpressive interior design. Fold key is laughable: too chubby and heavy. With these, 2nd gen would be a hit.

Drive it right and get 26 MPG!
By adam

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love everything about the car. In the beginning I was disappointed in the gas mileage (~16MPG) but now that I've learned how to drive less aggressively, I'm getting 24 to 27 MPG in a mix of city/highway. The trick is to stay out of boost and under 70MPH on the highway, sure it takes patience but I've gone from 260 miles per tank to just under 400... that's a savings of about $150 per month based on the 1800 miles per month I drive.

Handling: Amazing what a set of 20x8 wheels and 275/40-20 tires + Eibach Pro-kit 1.3" lowering springs can do for the handling...feels like it's on rails, almost Corvette-like. Gas Mileage: see above, averaging 26MPG. Honda reliability: haven't had ANY problems and I'm sure I wont (my 15th Honda).

Offer it in a 6-speed manual. Larger sunroof. Factory body kit. More stylish and larger OEM wheels.