2008 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
Did I just buy a lemon?
By Not happy in Florida on 07/11/09 06:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This RDX has been a nightmare. I have been in the shop 12 times since purchasing - 4 times for brakes alone. I've had them cleaned, replaced, rotors and then completely redone again. My memory module has gone, my seat has stopped working, blue tooth stopped working, bubbles on the hood from the paint, everything down to the footrest has fallen off. The rattle in the windows is terrible. Trying to get corporate to take back (WISH ME LUCK). The only good thing about this vehicle is the turbo.

A good car from Acura, if it's for you
By Mike H on 06/03/09 05:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Buy this car with your eyes wide open and your expectations in line - you'll be happy. Reading the previous reviews for the RDX, I wonder whether some simply chose the wrong car. Don't buy a race horse, and then complain that it eats too much or can't pull a loaded wagon. This turbocharged engine has its quirks, but drive it right and you'll be rewarded with decent mileage and good acceleration. About 21-22 if driven moderately. Is it noisy? A slight growl when floored. How about road noise? Depends on the road. Texas chip-and-seal roads get a little tiresome, but interstates are pretty quiet, and low-to-moderate speed roads are no problem. For me it's the right car - I'm happy.

The BIGGEST MISTAKE of my life!!
By Justin N. on 05/12/09 01:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Where do I start? Sure this vehicle is "fun to drive" and handles like a dream, and the interior is full of nifty features, like bluetooth, the Nav system and the phenomenal sound system. But that's about it!! Everything else about this vehicle is simply the worst. The turbo-4 is VERY NOISY when accelerating, and a good amount of ROAD NOISE enters the cabin. Very tiring on long highway drives!! FUEL ECONOMY is HORRENDOUS (about 15city/20hwy)- A huge disappointment for such a small 4-cylinder SUV!! (and for the most part I don't even drive very aggressively). I wish I could just return it and get something else!!

Qualtiy not good for price
By Kdog on 04/13/09 10:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I actually like this car, it handles well and has a lot of nice features. I have 23 months to go on my lease and will not purchase again. Too many rattles for a car at this price range. The gas mileage is horrible especially in the city, 17 mpg. I have taken it in twice and they seemed to fix one rattle but the other is still VERY audible. Overall somewhat disappointed.

Almost a year - BP up and down
By khanna111 on 04/11/09 00:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

It has almost been a year since I bought the RDX. I was impressed by the kick from the turbo and the Acura reputation in *quality* etc. It all started with the rattles, squeaks and then somehow the turbo lost its zing. Got the rattle on the tail gate fixed. The dealer said that he has seen this with other RDXs as well. The driver's door has an intermittent issue with some sort of flapping sound and an even more infrequent window glass rattle. The dashboard in front of the steering has an infrequent noise coming in. It gets more regular and easier to hear when the sun is out and at low speeds. The zing from the turbo and the acceleration is missing out recently - should have gone for infinity

*Insert Smiley Face Here*
By ALB on 03/31/09 14:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car just makes me smile every time I get in it. Roomy interior, comfortable seating, out-handles any small SUV I've ever driven. If there were one car to completely embody my persona, this would be it-- spunky, sporty, with the perfect mix of practicality and luxury.

RDX after 27,000 miles
By JJayB on 03/19/09 21:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I test drove every car in its class before I decided to buy the RDX. I wanted something smaller than the gas guzzling Cayenne Turbo I was driving. I wanted good visibility, good handling and reasonable fuel mileage and a vehicle I can put my golf clubs without folding down the back seats, which the Porsche, Audi, MB Ml all fail. The RDX has good acceleration and if you use the paddle shifter it beats just about any Suv at the stop light grand prix. The handling leaves the X3 for dead. Only negatives is the brakes. Several high speed stops in succession will cause the pads to vibrate. Dealer has replaced rotors and pads for free and admits it a problem. Also, nav screen is not bright

Great SUV!
By Danny B. on 03/09/09 17:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

A great little SUV! It outperforms my G35X in the harshest winter conditions and is more fun to drive. My only "complaint" is that I wish it had a little more cargo space; but then I guess it would have been the MDX. The interior is beautiful, the features and tech outstanding. And I LOVE the XM Satellite radio! A great car! My wife loves it and I love driving it when she's not.

Brakes
By disappoited on 02/24/09 11:00 AM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I had the car for 8 months and drove wonderfully. Then, it snowed and my car had no brakes. I would miss stop signs, traffic lights, etc. 3 wheels ago, I got in a car accidents because the brakes fail to operate. I had taken it to the dealership and complained but they indicated that some ppl have had issues but there isn't much they can do about it. I filed a complaint at the corporate office but they brushed the matter off as if it was nothing. Beware when purchasing the vehicle. Not every car gets tested for snow, rain and gravel. this is a matter of life and death, for you and others on the road with you. I am in the process of a law suit with Acura. Good Luck to all!

Nice
By Marty on 12/05/08 08:36 AM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had the RDX for about three months and have been very pleased. I drove a Honda Pilot for 5 years and it did a great job of hauling kids, but driving it was kind of like driving a boat. Not so with the RDX. This little SUV handles better than my wife's TL but offers a lot more flexibility. I'm getting about 20 mpg in mixed driving, which is about what I expected. I could probably get better mileage if I kept the little red turbo needle pointing down more often, but where's the fun in that! So far, a really nice car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.