Used 2008 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura RDX SUV

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Rattle Trap
By andreadavis1

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Cute, Fun car to drive. Rough ride. You can feel every bump and vibration in your head rest and seat. Isn't this supposed to be a luxury car? Stiff suspension causes things to rattle in the car. Not enough compartments. Just a big deep hole in the center console. Not large enough to fit carseats behind drivers seat.

Handling

Needs a place to put sunglasses and other small items. Smoother ride

ACURA QUALITY
By flip110119

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have the 2008 RDX with Tech package - 33,000miles & it has delivered as expected. NO problems what so ever!! All that I have done so far is change the Trans fluid, rear differential fluid & Oil. I love the SUV from the performance to the comfort & utility. It's the perfect size for utility & still can parallel park in the city with no problems! I've seen a few reviewers complain about Gas Mileage but I haven't really experienced anything less than the 17/22 which Acura expects. I've been getting 19.6mpg in the city & 26.1mpg on the highway with the cruise control on at 70MPH. I keep the tire pressure at 40PSI & I drive with a roof rack. I'd buy this car again!!

Turbo-Engine, ACURA reliability, Luxury Interior, Perfect Size.

They already fixed the Power-for passenger seats. maybe gas shocks for the Hood instead of the prop-up bar. fix Window rattle. When window is half opened on the drivers side it rattles, but I've heard that Honda is notorious for this....Also maybe BI-xenon headlights.

it's true.. good but could be better, easily
By richman3

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

It is true, all that was written by the reviewers on edmunds... The glove box slams on the passengers legs, the cup holders are not adjustable, the lights are not automatic, the GPS cannot be seen when sunny, center console oepns to side instead of up, your have to hit the OK button every single time on the GPS unit, I mean every time you get in the car. This is silly, and could also be easily recitified. Just download a patch.
etc. etc.
All of these could easily be fixed. Come on Acura this will take just a little effort. That being said I love the pickup and handling and it has plenty of utility for me. Just throw my hockey stuff in and go. e on Acura, this is a luxury brand.

Favorite features are the sound system, the pickup, and the handling.

See first paragraph for the list that is way too long.

40K and so far, so good
By twistlock

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

For the past couple of years my RDX has worked well - no warranty issues to date. In addition to city/ highway driving, I travel frequently to Lake Tahoe during the winter. The SH-AWD mated with winter tires keeps me truck'in along. Agree with other reviews that gas mileage is not the best when climbing the Sierra Nevada, but there is zero power loss (IMO) and I knew what to expect with a turbo-engine.

Superior crash-ratings (hope I never need to use these safety features), SH-AWD

Recline adjustment for the rear seats, improved sound baffling

It's just ok
By Anonymous

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have been driving my RDX for 2 months now. Interior is nice with heated leather seats, moonroof. Not enough room in the back, my tall 9 year old won't be able to sit back there in a few years. Gas mileage is awful. 20 mpg on average. Its a gas guzzler and you must buy premium gas. poor cargo room. My honda crv had double the cargo. Nice pick up with the turbo acceleration. But too much of a gas guzzler, can't wait to get rid of it. Luxury vehicles are way over rated and not practical for the cost. I suggest you shop around before buying a luxury car. Total waste of money just for transportation.

Moonroof, comfy seats. Turbo engine

Very poor gas mileage, not enough space in back seat, poor cargo room. You can fit a few grocery bags and that is it.