2008 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
ACURA RDX NAVIGATION, SPEEDOMETER, ODOMETER, TRIP OVERSTATED MILEAGE
By elizabethok on 08/01/13 11:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car has an overstated mileage problem approximately every 10 miles adds 5 miles in turn uses the gas. Acura dealer service depts. will not acknowledge the problem, test or accept responsibility. In my own car I have been lied to. I log near every mile I drive to check the discrepancy. This car has been refused to be serviced by dealer service depts. Client relations does nothing for me except log and ask to accept apology.

60K, so far, so good
By ducky79 on 02/13/12 16:34 PM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

2008 RDX, 60K mileage, no problem so far. I would say this is a very reliable car. Pro: reliable, great handling, decent power Con: rough ride, bad gas mileage I believe it can run 3-5 more years.

Rattle Trap
By andreadavis1 on 04/13/11 20:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Cute, Fun car to drive. Rough ride. You can feel every bump and vibration in your head rest and seat. Isn't this supposed to be a luxury car? Stiff suspension causes things to rattle in the car. Not enough compartments. Just a big deep hole in the center console. Not large enough to fit carseats behind drivers seat.

ACURA QUALITY
By flip110119 on 01/29/11 15:01 PM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have the 2008 RDX with Tech package - 33,000miles & it has delivered as expected. NO problems what so ever!! All that I have done so far is change the Trans fluid, rear differential fluid & Oil. I love the SUV from the performance to the comfort & utility. It's the perfect size for utility & still can parallel park in the city with no problems! I've seen a few reviewers complain about Gas Mileage but I haven't really experienced anything less than the 17/22 which Acura expects. I've been getting 19.6mpg in the city & 26.1mpg on the highway with the cruise control on at 70MPH. I keep the tire pressure at 40PSI & I drive with a roof rack. I'd buy this car again!!

it's true.. good but could be better, easily
By richman3 on 12/30/10 10:34 AM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

It is true, all that was written by the reviewers on edmunds... The glove box slams on the passengers legs, the cup holders are not adjustable, the lights are not automatic, the GPS cannot be seen when sunny, center console oepns to side instead of up, your have to hit the OK button every single time on the GPS unit, I mean every time you get in the car. This is silly, and could also be easily recitified. Just download a patch. etc. etc. All of these could easily be fixed. Come on Acura this will take just a little effort. That being said I love the pickup and handling and it has plenty of utility for me. Just throw my hockey stuff in and go. e on Acura, this is a luxury brand.

40K and so far, so good
By twistlock on 12/16/10 18:39 PM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

For the past couple of years my RDX has worked well - no warranty issues to date. In addition to city/ highway driving, I travel frequently to Lake Tahoe during the winter. The SH-AWD mated with winter tires keeps me truck'in along. Agree with other reviews that gas mileage is not the best when climbing the Sierra Nevada, but there is zero power loss (IMO) and I knew what to expect with a turbo-engine.

It's just ok
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have been driving my RDX for 2 months now. Interior is nice with heated leather seats, moonroof. Not enough room in the back, my tall 9 year old won't be able to sit back there in a few years. Gas mileage is awful. 20 mpg on average. Its a gas guzzler and you must buy premium gas. poor cargo room. My honda crv had double the cargo. Nice pick up with the turbo acceleration. But too much of a gas guzzler, can't wait to get rid of it. Luxury vehicles are way over rated and not practical for the cost. I suggest you shop around before buying a luxury car. Total waste of money just for transportation.

All Around Well Built
By Erik B. on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the first car in the luxury category that I considered buying. I own all Honda products. Pros: comfortable drivers seat, thrill to drive, rock solid reliability, Maintenance Minder system, sports car handling Cons: cheap aluminum accents, turbo lag, slightly cramped back seat, navigation should be touchscreen (selector knob is cumbersome, stock tires wear quickly Overall, I do like this car. It was a dealership loaner with 17,000 miles on it. It lacks the refinement of the other cars in this class (BMW X3, LandRover LR3, etc.) but for the price you get all the options you could ever need. I will most likely opt for another Acura when purchasing my next vehicle.

The right car for me
By Stretch on 07/26/10 17:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I had an Accord, and wanted more cargo versatility. Drove several other small SUVs (Rogue, CX-7, EX-35), and the RDX was the obvious choice. The EX-35 was great, but just not enough room. The others were not comfortable enough, both in seat comfort and ride quality. The RDX does seem too stiff on city streets (my '98 Accord was smoother). But it has a solid feel, very smooth on the freeway, great acceleration, plenty of upscale features - basically a blast to drive. My wife can have her cushy Lexus. I prefer the sporty Acura.

Nice Car
By Lazo on 04/22/10 01:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

You will not enjoy this car unless you really have patience and read the guide. I purchased this car for my wife and we are happy with it. This is a strong stable car you can rely on. Many features you will discover as you read the guide. Thanks to Reviews in this site I took the decision to buy this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.