Used 2008 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura Rdx - Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura RDX

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

ACURA RDX NAVIGATION, SPEEDOMETER, ODOMETER, TRIP OVERSTATED MILEAGE
By elizabethok

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car has an overstated mileage problem approximately every 10 miles adds 5 miles in turn uses the gas. Acura dealer service depts. will not acknowledge the problem, test or accept responsibility. In my own car I have been lied to. I log near every mile I drive to check the discrepancy. This car has been refused to be serviced by dealer service depts. Client relations does nothing for me except log and ask to accept apology.

60K, so far, so good
By ducky79

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

2008 RDX, 60K mileage, no problem so far. I would say this is a very reliable car. Pro: reliable, great handling, decent power Con: rough ride, bad gas mileage I believe it can run 3-5 more years.

Rattle Trap
By andreadavis1

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Cute, Fun car to drive. Rough ride. You can feel every bump and vibration in your head rest and seat. Isn't this supposed to be a luxury car? Stiff suspension causes things to rattle in the car. Not enough compartments. Just a big deep hole in the center console. Not large enough to fit carseats behind drivers seat.

Favorite Features

Handling

Suggested Improvements

Needs a place to put sunglasses and other small items. Smoother ride

ACURA QUALITY
By flip110119

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have the 2008 RDX with Tech package - 33,000miles & it has delivered as expected. NO problems what so ever!! All that I have done so far is change the Trans fluid, rear differential fluid & Oil. I love the SUV from the performance to the comfort & utility. It's the perfect size for utility & still can parallel park in the city with no problems! I've seen a few reviewers complain about Gas Mileage but I haven't really experienced anything less than the 17/22 which Acura expects. I've been getting 19.6mpg in the city & 26.1mpg on the highway with the cruise control on at 70MPH. I keep the tire pressure at 40PSI & I drive with a roof rack. I'd buy this car again!!

Favorite Features

Turbo-Engine, ACURA reliability, Luxury Interior, Perfect Size.

Suggested Improvements

They already fixed the Power-for passenger seats. maybe gas shocks for the Hood instead of the prop-up bar. fix Window rattle. When window is half opened on the drivers side it rattles, but I've heard that Honda is notorious for this....Also maybe BI-xenon headlights.

it's true.. good but could be better, easily
By richman3

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

It is true, all that was written by the reviewers on edmunds... The glove box slams on the passengers legs, the cup holders are not adjustable, the lights are not automatic, the GPS cannot be seen when sunny, center console oepns to side instead of up, your have to hit the OK button every single time on the GPS unit, I mean every time you get in the car. This is silly, and could also be easily recitified. Just download a patch. etc. etc. All of these could easily be fixed. Come on Acura this will take just a little effort. That being said I love the pickup and handling and it has plenty of utility for me. Just throw my hockey stuff in and go. e on Acura, this is a luxury brand.

Favorite Features

Favorite features are the sound system, the pickup, and the handling.

Suggested Improvements

See first paragraph for the list that is way too long.