2007 Acura RDX Consumer Review: Too Fun To Drive

2007 Acura RDX - Consumer Review

Too Fun To Drive
By MattAZ on

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Beside this being my 3rd Honda product (2000 Accord Coupe and then 2005 Acura TSX), I was looking for a bigger car than the TSX, but still wanted that performance and sportiness found in the TSX. The Lexus and BMW equivalents to the RDX can't even compare and the RDX is even more fun to drive than the TL! There are only a few improvements I would like to see, but overall, I have yet to be displeased by this car. Fast, sporty, good looking and yet extremely safe for the family and it has AWD - for a price of under 35K, you can't beat it. MPG for one year has averaged 19.8 - not bad. The car performs totally different in auto versus manual/paddle shifters.

Obviously the stereo kicks and all the other tech features are great - love the back up camera! Acceleration in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears is incredible around 4000 rpm. Passing a car on the highway is a piece of cake in this thing and the handling is incredible.

For the price tag, it needs: auto mirror, auto starter, power pass. seat, definitely an auto lift gate and the turbo lag out of 1st needs minor adjustments. Paddle shifters are great and fun, however, I would prefer a shift-stick in the center console to give it that sports-car feel.