Nice But Lacks Some Acura Tradition
By RDX Fan on
2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
I ordered the RDX in May and received it in Sep 06 and it was worth the wait, mostly. Great handling and performance, sporty and comfortable around every corner & on the highway. Acura did a good job bringing the RDX to this class of SUV. But I do wonder why Acura went away from what worked in the MDX family (I left the MDX to come to the RDX). With all the good there are some things missing (see Suggested Improvements). Some toys just detract from the experience and others should have carried over from the MDX. Maybe they should have actually asked Acura drivers what they liked before building something with so many less functional add-ons.
Favorite Features
Technology package adds the toys I use most. Bluetooth to my cell phone, navigation system with traffic reporting all great things. I have found no real use for the paddle shifters. Handling is great, it's like driving a sports car!!
Suggested Improvements
Where Acura missed the mark: Road noise much higher than the MDX and more than expected from Acura. Memory and Power Passenger seat missing. Auto wipers and headlights like the MDX would make it worry free driving. Redesign the storage door- too big and impossible for passenger to access it.