Fun to drive but not impressed!
By dk168 on
2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
Have had the car for almost a year now. Not impressed by Acura’s quality. Dashboard started to rattle after four months of having the car; now is getting worse, both corners rattle at cooler temperature. Even the sunroof rattles during bumpy road. Turbo lag is definitely noticeable at low RPM with A/C on. I have to put the gear in the Sport mode to minimize the turbo lag when traffic is in a stop-and-go condition; this seems to help. Ride is a little stiff (comments given by everyone who had ridden in my car). Poor gas mileage. I am getting averaged 18 MPG with roughly 60% hwy and 40% surface street driving. Okay, with all the negatives mentioned, I must say the car is a fun car to drive.
Favorite Features
Love the GPS with real-time traffic. Backup camera is so helpful. Tilting right side mirror when backing up. Comfortable interior. Exterior look is beautiful.
Suggested Improvements
Offer a true V6, softer ride, could use a good design to eliminate any potential rattling; especially in the dashboard area where this is the most annoying. Auto dimming rear view mirror should come standard.