2007 Acura RDX 2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Technology Package Consumer Review - Big disappointment

2007 Acura RDX - Consumer Review

Big disappointment
By Disappointed Owner on

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I thought I could get sport and utility in one vehicle, and be happy, but I was wrong. I find myself disappointed when I want to drive aggressively. Off the line acceleration is poor. You feel like you are anxiously waiting for the vehicle to realize you want it to go. The transmission often seems to be in too high of a gear and the paddle shifters are an absolute joke. The brakes also do not inspire confidence and you can still tell that you are driving an SUV. From a utility standpoint I am disappointed with the ride, comfort of the front seats, and leg room. I can't find a comfortable driving position and actually get sore on trips longer than 20 minutes. Overall I wish I could return it.

Favorite Features

Even though I wish I could return the vehicle it has some really great features. Once the turbo kicks in, the amount of power is awesome. The handling is excellent for an SUV (or even a car) and makes for a very confident and fun ride. The SHAWD is wonderful and the Bluetooth is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

I think that I would be happier if the vehicle was quicker off the line, had a better transmission, and much better brakes. I would also like a more front seat leg room and more comfortable seats. The nav system and voice commands still need a lot of improvement. Mileage. I get 12 city and 16 hwy.