A definite disappointment!!
By Alex M. on
2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
I traded an '03 MDX for this vehicle because I'm single, have no need for a large SUV, and have been very happy with Acura (my 4th Honda product). This vehicle has been a big letdown compared to my MDX. The nimbleness, size and manueverabilty (and handling) are excellent, and what I was looking for, but the 4 cylinder turbo engine is terrible and is really beginning to wear down on me. There is a good amount of turbo lag making it feel sluggish from a start, and the the engine is noisy even when accelerating moderately!! The fuel economy is simply horrendous for a small 4-banger SUV (same as my 7-passenger MDX with a 3.5L V6!!). I will likely end up trading it for something with a decent V6.
Favorite Features
Fantastic nav system, fabulous ELS sound system, comfortable seats, great styling, perfect exterior dimensions, great handling (SH-AWD).
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of the horrendous unrefined turbo 4-banger that neither gives good gas mileage nor "refined performance" and replace with a nice, smooth and refined V6 with linear power delivery!! Ironically a V6 might even give better gas mileage since it wouldn't be working so hard in this 4000lb SUV!