Used 2007 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Rdx - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura RDX

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Be careful of roof
By CB

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought a new RDX two months ago and now have been hit with a $4,500 bill to repair the roof’s “complete collapse.” We mounted a bike rack on the roof, virtually identical to the one Acura sells as an RDX accessory. My son got on the roof to make sure that the bikes were placed in the rack properly – just like we’ve done on other cars we’ve owned with bike racks. This turned out to be a giant mistake, even though Acura never states anywhere that you shouldn’t do this. This time though the weak, badly- designed Acura roof “collapsed.” Acura will not cover this huge expense – so much for customer service. My advice: don’t buy this car; especially if you’re putting something on the roof.

Favorite Features

Tech package is good

Suggested Improvements

Roof durability; no premium fuel requirement

Hands down winner!
By Spoiled

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I drove 5 other smaller sized SUVs, the BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, Nissan and Infiniti. None could even come close to the features for the money in the RDX. Envy of everyone at work. So much fun to drive it makes me wish I had a longer commute to work. Even with gas prices the way they are I find myself looking for excuses to drive somewhere. It rains a lot here and the SH AWD is very noticibly helpful in those conditions. This vehicle is fun, safe and a great value. Would recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Features

SH AWD, Bluetooth, ELS sound system, MP3 jack.

Suggested Improvements

Smart key, remote release for the hatch either inside the vehicle on on the key fob.

Too Fun To Drive
By MattAZ

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Beside this being my 3rd Honda product (2000 Accord Coupe and then 2005 Acura TSX), I was looking for a bigger car than the TSX, but still wanted that performance and sportiness found in the TSX. The Lexus and BMW equivalents to the RDX can't even compare and the RDX is even more fun to drive than the TL! There are only a few improvements I would like to see, but overall, I have yet to be displeased by this car. Fast, sporty, good looking and yet extremely safe for the family and it has AWD - for a price of under 35K, you can't beat it. MPG for one year has averaged 19.8 - not bad. The car performs totally different in auto versus manual/paddle shifters.

Favorite Features

Obviously the stereo kicks and all the other tech features are great - love the back up camera! Acceleration in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears is incredible around 4000 rpm. Passing a car on the highway is a piece of cake in this thing and the handling is incredible.

Suggested Improvements

For the price tag, it needs: auto mirror, auto starter, power pass. seat, definitely an auto lift gate and the turbo lag out of 1st needs minor adjustments. Paddle shifters are great and fun, however, I would prefer a shift-stick in the center console to give it that sports-car feel.

RDX
By judy

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love driving this car. It rides smoothly and it feels luxurious. The only thing I really hate is having to fill up the tank so often and having to pay so much because I can only use premium.

Favorite Features

The audio and navigation system are absolutely wonderful!

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel mileage! Maybe come up with a hybrid model.

Very impressed overall..
By Matt

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Obviously I bought the RDX, so I must like it. I needed a smaller SUV than the MDX, but didn't want to sacrifice on features, performance, materials, and quality. Nothing else provided this mix for the money. I initially looked at the CRV, but was very disappointed in the materials and options. I was very impressed with the interior of the RDX. Excellent materials, a mind-blowing stereo, and very comfortable seats. The navigation is top notch, and some German car makers should take notes. So many techie toys too! And this thing handles like a dream. The SH-AWD from the RL is used, and whoa it's amazing. A bit of tire noise, and a bit of turbo lag are my only small gripes.

Favorite Features

Handling, 10 speaker audio, navigation, seats, fun-to-drive factor.

Suggested Improvements

Auto-dim rear view mirror, along with power passenger seat. Better fuel economy would be nice, but if I had wanted a "commuter car" I would have bought one. I'm averaging 20 mpg in mixed driving, so some people really have a lead foot.