Used 2007 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Rdx - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura RDX SUV

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Most Fun in an SUV!
By FitnessCC

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This vehicle is incredibly fun to drive. I traded up from a TSX and the RDX actually handles/drives better! The SH-AWD system is amazing: I feel glued to the road, no matter how hard I push the RDX. Acceleration is great, and fuel mileage (for me) has been adequate (21 mpg) - not great, but decent for a SUV with this kind of acceleration. The interior is wonderful - comfortable, tasteful, high-tech, full of useful information. Awesome stereo system. The nav system is very user friendly, if a little outdated in its database - but I absolutely love the XM live traffic display, which saves me time every day. Great vehicle!

Favorite Features

Handling, grip, acceleration, interior comfort and space, navigation (with live traffic), sound system, moonroof, bluetooth, good looks, compact size.

Suggested Improvements

Update nav data more frequently, slightly improve brakes (good feel but a bit sluggish), add rear AC vent. (I thought I'd miss an auto rearview mirror, but the rear window tint is a perfect substitute.)

New To Me But So Far Impressed
By UTRDX

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I just recently purchased a preowned RDX with about 10000 miles on it. I am really enjoying this car. I am getting about 25 mpg on the highway and about 19 in city. Overall this car seems very good, not at all underpowered, previous car was a sedan powered by V6 and this little SUV blows it out of the water. The interior is very confortable (no wood trim is a plus for me as I think it looks tacky). I am hoping that the car is as reliable as other honda cars and am looking forward to updating when I get a few more miles under my belt.

Favorite Features

Seats, speakers, mp3 input jack, SHAWD is great on roads that wind.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage in the city. Rear seats could use a bit more cushion.

RDX is the best!
By lrpba300

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This SUV/CUV is the best all around vehicle I've ever owned! It has it all. It has a great interior, comfortable seats, great handling (like a sports car!), ride is firm, but nice, solid build, room to haul stuff, paddle shifters, great looks. I'm very happy and have had many vehicles before due to leases for work, but I bought this one and couldn't be happier.

Favorite Features

SH-AWD, paddle shifters, handling, quality build, turbo!

Suggested Improvements

Power passenger seats, auto dimming RV mirror w/compass standard, bluetooth in base model (they did this in '08).

Excellent SUV
By Garg

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love the F1 system, drives smoothly, love the interiors, blue light is amazing. GPS is awesome. Fuel economy is bit poor but justified when you buy RDX.

Suggested Improvements

Should have more color combinations for interiors. Wooden interiors available are extremely poor.

2007 Acura RDX: My Experience
By Carey

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My use of the car is limited to a 10 round trip commute to the office 5 days a week and about 150 miles of driving over the weekend. The car drives wonderfully and has great acceleration. Highway use is phenomenal. Extremely comfortable back support in the driver's seat which comes in handy for my bad back. Two gripes: first is the poor gas mileage (18-19 city driving is disappointing (but what did I expect when I bought a car with turbo, right?)) and the CD player isn't performing well. Still, all in all, it's very fun to drive and sharp-looking.

Favorite Features

XM radio, great lumbar support in the driver's seat, good feel at the wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Paddle shifters are a waste. I can't imagine the need to use them. Please, find a way to get better gas mileage.