2007 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
An SUV with a High FTD Factor
By Bish on 06/15/07 10:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The best thing about this vehicle is its high fun-to-drive factor. I have owned 3 VW GTIs because I loved the combination of practical, usable room and sports car handling and acceleration. I never though I could find it in a family car, much less an SUV. The ride may be a bit firm for some, but one feels noticably relaxed even after a long trip. The Tech package is worth every penny. The nav system and stereo are outstanding. The main drawback is gas mileage. I can't get much over 17 in the city and 21 on the highway. But, take a look out there, other than the RX 400h ($55K !!), this combination of FTD factor, room and tech can't be found with 20+ mpg!

2007 Acura RDX w/ Technology Package
By T. Gray on 06/13/07 20:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The is my first ownership of an SUV, a term I generally despise being somewhat of a car snob. I've owned Acura sedans before, the last being a 2004 TL, so I was mildly skeptical that the RDX could provide the comfort and performance of the TL. This vehicle redefines for me the term sport ute. The straight line performance, particularly while using the paddle shifters, is the equal of the more powerful V6 TL once you get used to the mild turbo lag on initial throttle tip in. And the RDX's handling actually outperforms the TL on my favorite two-lane country roads and city round-abouts.

Fun to Drive
By Lainey on 06/12/07 19:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have had this CUV for about 3 weeks and driving has never been this fun! This car has the technology I've been wanting. I was rather surprised to find out it doesn't have automatic headlights, all my cars have had those for years. The ride is very sporty. As one who had been driving 6 & 8 cyl cars I was leery of the 4cyl turbo, but it has the pep needed to get me where I want to go. Gas mileage isn't great but I knew that going in and it's better than the car I had been driving so I'm not complaining. There are things missing but obviously it didn't dissuade me because I bought one!

WOW!!!
By Luis on 06/11/07 17:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I traded in my 2004 Nissan Murano SE. I test drove the RDX with the tech package and fell in love. This SUV handles better than most sports cars. The SH-AWD is great especially in inclement weather. Gas mileage in ok but I have a lead foot.

My RDX
By cnmec on 06/06/07 08:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The turbo is peppy, but takes a second to kick in. The road noise is a bit more than I would like and it is a stiff ride, which some people don't like.

Great ride
By Lainey on 06/01/07 12:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've been looking for a car that had everything I wanted in a size I wanted. The technology package has everything I was looking for. There are a few things missing, but they weren't deal breakers. The navigation is easy to use and the bluetooth is superb. The seats are comfortable and the a/c blows cold (important in the desert). This car has good pick-up and has a great ride.

After 18,000 miles and 10 months
By rdx on 05/25/07 20:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Throughout 18,000 miles of 60% city and 40% highway driving, gas mileage is 17.9 miles/gallon. Did not have any major problem other then air vent warranty fix. However, I have minor rattle and ticking noise problem. Oil change $70 x 2. Rear differential fluid $100 at 15,000 miles service. Not a comfortable ride if one is seeking an ordinary SUV ride. Some improvements on coming year (08 model) would make this car better and outstanding.

A definite disappointment!!
By Alex M. on 05/23/07 02:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I traded an '03 MDX for this vehicle because I'm single, have no need for a large SUV, and have been very happy with Acura (my 4th Honda product). This vehicle has been a big letdown compared to my MDX. The nimbleness, size and manueverabilty (and handling) are excellent, and what I was looking for, but the 4 cylinder turbo engine is terrible and is really beginning to wear down on me. There is a good amount of turbo lag making it feel sluggish from a start, and the the engine is noisy even when accelerating moderately!! The fuel economy is simply horrendous for a small 4-banger SUV (same as my 7-passenger MDX with a 3.5L V6!!). I will likely end up trading it for something with a decent V6.

Nice But Lacks Some Acura Tradition
By RDX Fan on 05/19/07 07:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I ordered the RDX in May and received it in Sep 06 and it was worth the wait, mostly. Great handling and performance, sporty and comfortable around every corner & on the highway. Acura did a good job bringing the RDX to this class of SUV. But I do wonder why Acura went away from what worked in the MDX family (I left the MDX to come to the RDX). With all the good there are some things missing (see Suggested Improvements). Some toys just detract from the experience and others should have carried over from the MDX. Maybe they should have actually asked Acura drivers what they liked before building something with so many less functional add-ons.

Too much fun!
By Kathy on 05/18/07 20:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

After six weeks of my son and I driving and researching all types of SUVs, I narrowed it down to the RDX and still enjoy every minute in it. I don't want to go to work in the morning, I want to keep going! This definitely has a sporty ride, but the handling in snow and rain is great. The controls are very easy to use, yet I am still getting use to the nav. I don't need to use it a lot, but it has been great when needed. The sound system is awesome. Still looking for some DVD-A discs of the bands I like. The size of the center console is great and I like that it locks.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.