Used 2007 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

I'm in love....
By FTNSS1

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I traded an '05 TSX for the RDX - needed more room for gear. Not only is the RDX just the right size, it's actually MORE fun to drive!! The SH-AWD system produces such grip and control that it almost feels like you're driving a sports car. I've had no problems/repairs, the mileage is acceptable for an SUV (about 21 mpg), and the fun factor is a 10! The ride is firm, but comfortable. The interior is great (and versatile), the technology package is great.

SH-AWD, turbo power, surround-sound audio, nav/bluetooth system, moonroof, heated leather seats.

A little better mileage (it's a 4-banger, after all), auto passenger seat, better nav data (it's outdated and finds stores/places 1000 miles away before local ones), a little racier exterior to go with the performance.

Fun to drive but not impressed!
By dk168

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Have had the car for almost a year now. Not impressed by Acura’s quality. Dashboard started to rattle after four months of having the car; now is getting worse, both corners rattle at cooler temperature. Even the sunroof rattles during bumpy road. Turbo lag is definitely noticeable at low RPM with A/C on. I have to put the gear in the Sport mode to minimize the turbo lag when traffic is in a stop-and-go condition; this seems to help. Ride is a little stiff (comments given by everyone who had ridden in my car). Poor gas mileage. I am getting averaged 18 MPG with roughly 60% hwy and 40% surface street driving. Okay, with all the negatives mentioned, I must say the car is a fun car to drive.

Love the GPS with real-time traffic. Backup camera is so helpful. Tilting right side mirror when backing up. Comfortable interior. Exterior look is beautiful.

Offer a true V6, softer ride, could use a good design to eliminate any potential rattling; especially in the dashboard area where this is the most annoying. Auto dimming rear view mirror should come standard.

Engine troubles are a surprise
By CD

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love everything about this car except that I have been into the shop with engine troubles about every 2-3 weeks. The engine will suddenly rev uncontrollably and the turbo has stopped working 3 times. This car is downright dangerous to drive without the turbo support to get you moving. The dealer hasn't been able to figure out what is wrong yet -- just keeps erasing the codes which make the problems go away for a short while. Sadly, it's time for a trade-in after only 5 months. So much for Acura quality, which is one of the main reasons I traded in my Saab 9-5 for this.

The nav system is superb. The handling is great and the interior is comfortably laid out. I agree with others that they should have included a memory drivers seat & auto-dimming mirror, but I now see that they've done it with the 2008 model.

Quality. I expected a reliable, relatively truouble-free vehicle, so I'm utterly disappointed with my first experience as an Acura owner.

"A Well Kept Secret"
By J. Wood

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I knew this was the car for me the first time I test drove it. I tried other small SUVs in this range, i.e, Lexus, Murano, and there was no comparison. This car has a solid compact feeling. I was not aware of this car. Someone talked me into seeing it. It's a quality car and handles well in bad road conditions (heavy rain storms and wind). I love the turbo power when I need to accelerate in traffic. The interior is classy & the techology is state of the art. I highly recommend this car. It's fun to drive - I look forward to driving everyday.

Turbo power technology system - navigation, bluetooth, audio system, safety features - wrap around airbags, safety sensors.

Passenger side doesn't have auto seat controls.

Love this vehicle
By kcosta

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My husband needed a new car for work to haul people around. This vehicle is what we were looking for. It has enough luxury to impress but is still not over the top. Great performance. Although it is small, it is spacious inside. After getting used to a WRX we wanted something that did not lack in the performance department but didn't break the bank. This vehicle is perfect.

Navigation, XM radio, voice activated everything, and bluetooth.

Nothing so far.