2007 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
Very few flaws
By remke44 on 07/31/07 12:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The RDX is a great small SUV. I've had mine almost a year and I love the ride, handling, and sleek interior. The interior and cargo space are much larger than the exterior of the car would indicate. The biggest drawback is the poor gas mileage. I drive 80% in the city and 20% on the highway and I've only averaged 15 MPG. That's pretty bad for a small SUV. Other small annoyances -- the seat belts don't fit snug and rattle; the front seats should slide back further to increase front leg room. Cheaper than the BMW X3 and more luxurious and sportier than the RAV4 or CRV.

A great blend of car and SUV
By Henry on 07/28/07 15:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I always get a consistent 21 mpg all around. The seats are best in class. Go ahead and try all other makes - none compare. Ride is stiff - thats the price you pay for handling.

Can't go wrong
By RDXer on 07/27/07 06:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The RDX is the complete package for the new category of CUVs. Compared to the X3 (way overpriced) and its cheaper counterpart the CX-7, the RDX is hands down the winner with better handling, vtech engine, non existent turbo lag, and Acura quality and reliability that competitors dream of.

Still Needs Tweaking
By Paul on 07/19/07 12:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We liked the car at first sight. It is a blast to drive and the turbo kicks in quickly. The technology model is the way to go. Great sound system! Overall visibility is excellent!

I like it.
By wsdyer on 07/17/07 12:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Small enough to get around the beltway nasty traffic yet, big enough to allow you to see what's up ahead. The tech package is cool if your company allows you to synch your blackberry with your car - mine doesn't - ostensibly for security reasons. Even if the company doesn't, it's worth it to get your own phone and just ignore theirs when it rings. She drives like a dream and looks very stylish. The only thing I don't like about her is really crappy gas mileage. Even when I am on the highway I get no more than 21 or 22 MPG.

Big disappointment
By Disappointed Owner on 07/14/07 16:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I thought I could get sport and utility in one vehicle, and be happy, but I was wrong. I find myself disappointed when I want to drive aggressively. Off the line acceleration is poor. You feel like you are anxiously waiting for the vehicle to realize you want it to go. The transmission often seems to be in too high of a gear and the paddle shifters are an absolute joke. The brakes also do not inspire confidence and you can still tell that you are driving an SUV. From a utility standpoint I am disappointed with the ride, comfort of the front seats, and leg room. I can't find a comfortable driving position and actually get sore on trips longer than 20 minutes. Overall I wish I could return it.

By lukeivic on 06/23/07 06:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My husband already owns the Acura TL. So we wanted the MDX (awesome vehicle too). But we saw the RDX - good price, great quality and it had all of the bells and whistles as the MDX. I have been driving it since January and I love it. It is everything they said it would be. However, it is a ladies car because of the size. You have a luxury car for a great price.

Perfect mix
By jfc on 06/20/07 19:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Acceleration, handling, comfort and utility. Limited capacity is not a surprise based on the size. 20 mpg mixed driving - aggressive at times but not needless (like racing to a stop light). Stiff ride took a whole week to get used to and one more to love.

Exactly Right
By swiftfootedperseus on 06/17/07 16:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I really wanted something that had some get-up-and-go and was fun to drive in the mountains. This really fills the bill. Yes, the ride is stiff, but it's nearly as much fun to drive as my wife's Mini Cooper, which is saying a lot. In addition, it's got one of the best sound systems I've heard. Don't worry about the road noise.

Beautiful!!
By acurafan on 06/17/07 10:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Just purchased the Acura RDX with Tech Package. The moment I drove it off the lot, I knew I had made the right choice. Beautiful, smooth but powerful engine, excellent handling for an SUV and quick pickup make this a great ride. The tech package is worth it, the voice recognition rocks and you rarely need to touch any of the menu buttons so long as you know the voice commands. Plenty of room in the back seats and they fold down giving even more room. Great, sturdy car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.