Used 2007 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

After One Year, love the Car
By crvols

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this last year trading in my 2004 TL. I have enjoyed it from the start, with no problems and average of 22 mpg on the road. I wish they hadn't scrimped on things like interior lighting, passenger power seat, auto dimming mirror, etc., but that seems to be Honda's marketing approach. At the end of the model run it will have everything you would expect! Overall very happy after the first year with my purchase.

Performance, cockpit, stereo, visiblity, driving dynamics.

Interior lighting, gas milage, stiff ride, turbo lag.

Turbo is design flaw
By sad rdx

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Be very careful of the RDX: the front end has a problem that will need to be addressed - it feels a little like the shocks but it isn't. The turbo has a major problem - my car has been in the shop for over a week they are tearing it down and do not have any idea what is wrong; no warning indicators it may have cracked the head but the dealership isn't talking. They do not know why the turbo is malfunctioning but it appears at the 50,000 mile mark you can look for major issues of course that is when the warranty expires. Powertrain is 70,000. Everytime I have had to deal with warranty issues (3 dealerships) they try not to fix. Good luck sorry you have this car and sorry I have this car.

My navigation system

The MPG is not at all what we were promised on the sticker when we bought the RDX. Remember run do not walk to the closest exit. Acura is not standing by this vehicle.

In the shop three times already
By Very Very Unhappy

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

In the last Month my RDX has been in the shop three times and the last time it didn't even last a week before the emission light went on again and when it goes on it seem to shift down and have less power it has been in the shop this time for a week and they don't know what's wrong with it they are in contact with Japan now and still have no idea what's wrong. I'm probably going to trade it in once the find the problem. I can not trust this car. I thought Acura was a trusted car that had no problems I guess I was wrong.

XM is nice and the headlights are aimed just right.

Gas mileage, power seats on both driver and passager seats.

Good car, poor storage space and MPG
By dpo

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The RDX performs well and is clearly well made. It drives like a sedan. It is a very good car for a single person, but storage space for families on trips is relatively poor, especially given only 20 mpg. Bringing a stroller severely limits baggage space. The reality is that if you are going to get poor gas mileage, you might as well buy a larger SUV. My 4-Runner gets about 20 to 22 mpg and has far more space. Seats are very comfortable as long as the ride is on a smooth road. Bumps are unpleasant for back seat passengers. Steering is tight and car handles nicely.

Nice technology (bluetooth, stereo, XM, etc.). Handling. Finish.

Enlarge storage area behind rear seat. Loosen suspension slightly to reduce jarring on bumps.

The Best of Both Worlds
By michael

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have been in the car business 18 years, and have had a few front drive cars and 4 rear drive pathfinders. One day I was driving a front drive passenger vehicle and took a corner to fast and the rest is history. That day I test drove the 07 RDX SW AWD and the rest is history. I have never owned an all wheel drive vehicle with VSA. Being in the business, I have driven this vrossover hard. It corners better than any thing I have ever driven. Bring on the rain. Floor it from a dead stop and the car just launches forward, comfortable on long trips, the navigation is great.

The super handling awd grid, paddle shifters, and how effortless everything works. The rear stadium seating is great.

Better gas mileage, but not much. The benefits of this car far out way the cost of gas. Just stay out of the turbo.