Used 2007 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Rdx - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura RDX

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Spoiled Honda Owner
By LoveACURA

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I owned Hondas for years but strayed to AUDI a few years ago. I loved the AWD of my AUDI but hated the UNreliability - I'll NEVER have another Audi. Finding AWD for under $40K was a challenge. LOVE my RDX - a suped-up Honda with AWD! All the bells and whistles of a more expensive model but at a great price. Gas mileage is wonderful when I drive it like a 4 cyl. When I need the power of a 6 cyl, I have it with the Turbo. Drive it like a 6 cyl and you'll too complain about the gas mileage.

Favorite Features

The value! AWD, AWD, AWD. Again, all the bells and whistles of a more expensive vehicle. Back up camera, sound system, MP3, Bluetooth, sunroof, Navigation, and wonderful customer service at Jackson Acura.

Suggested Improvements

6 cyl. option?

Floor Mat
By Mark

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first and last Acura. At 5K the driver's floor mat was worn through. After some argument, the dealer agreed to replace it under warranty. The replacement lasted about the same. While the overall interior quality appears acceptable, the carpeting and floor mats are very cheap. Mileage is fair, but you must use premium fuel. For the money, the vehicle is not worth the price.

Favorite Features

Styling

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the cheap carpets and mats.

The Little Things Add Up
By HondaMoCoFan

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I decided to trade in my TL for this because I wanted all wheel drive. I was disappointed to find out that the car lacked some features I thought would be standard across all models. Namely, the navigation screen was no longer touch screen (as my TL from a few years prior had been). I also found both the gas range prediction and mpg to be terrible. On a drive across the country in a torrential downpour, I checked my range vs. the nearest gas station. At the time (about 20 miles away), I had about 12-15 extra miles according to the trip computer. Suddenly, about 10 miles away it jumped to 9 miles and I wondered if I would even make it.

Favorite Features

The handling of the RDX is a lot of fun. It feels much more like a car than an SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Touch-screen nav, v6, manual transmission, better hook system for floor mats, power passenger seat, a way to disable many features (I asked the dealership and was told many cannot be disabled via the computer).

The good and the bad.
By johnnymauler

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

After owning this vehicle for a year I am already tired of the non responsive automatic transmission. I have driven manual transmissions for most of my life, but I wanted to have a SUV for the snow and portability. I have to say I love everything else about this vehicle. The handling is great, comfortable, roomy, tech package kicks, even the turbo 4 isn't so bad. But the paddle shifters and transmission are sub par. Shifts are slow and sloppy. This vehicle should have made with a 6 spd manual. Also the GPS is outdated.

Favorite Features

Turbo, handling, AWD, auto climate control, tech package, interior, styling, tires, wheels

Suggested Improvements

6 speed manual transmission, updated GPS data

After One Year, love the Car
By crvols

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this last year trading in my 2004 TL. I have enjoyed it from the start, with no problems and average of 22 mpg on the road. I wish they hadn't scrimped on things like interior lighting, passenger power seat, auto dimming mirror, etc., but that seems to be Honda's marketing approach. At the end of the model run it will have everything you would expect! Overall very happy after the first year with my purchase.

Favorite Features

Performance, cockpit, stereo, visiblity, driving dynamics.

Suggested Improvements

Interior lighting, gas milage, stiff ride, turbo lag.