2007 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
This is a Driver's SUV
By Chad on 03/19/08 13:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car has been so fun to drive. Lots of reviews about the stiff ride, but that is one of the things I like about the car. Leather is very nice. Lots of fun gadgets, and voice command works very well. This car offers more for the money than any of its competitors, especially the overpriced BMW X3. If you have a family with a bunch of kids, get the GMC Acadia or Mazda CX-9 in this price-range. But for the young professional looking for an entry-level luxury SUV, this is the bomb. Even if I was willing to pay more for a car, I would still end up with the RDX, that's how much I've loved it. My wife drives a new audi, and has been jealous since I bought this.

Look elsewhere
By Chuck W. on 02/16/08 21:39 PM (PST)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Acura is a luxury brand, but this is not a worthy model. It's quick and sporty with a stiff ride. But gas mileage was terrible and we had to replace the front brakes and rotors every 5000 miles. We never felt like it did anything well. If you drove it as a sports SUV with paddle shifters, you paid at the pump and in maintenance. Also, missing some key features at this price including automatic headlights, driver memory settings and iPod interface.

Great Ride
By Henry FL1 on 11/30/07 17:45 PM (PST)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Other than gas mileage, it's a fun car to drive. Notice how I said "car" - it does not drive like a SUV at all. I considered the Honda CRV loaded, but it lacked some-like no useable armrest etc.

Not for the daily commuter
By JimTex on 11/18/07 20:23 PM (PST)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought this car knowing that fuel mileage was not its strong point, but have averaged about 19 mpg (mostly city). My wife loves this vehicle because it is incredibly responsive and handles as well as the BMW we traded in. The seating position is nice and high, but without the huge vehicle to go along with it.

I'm in love....
By FTNSS1 on 11/14/07 20:04 PM (PST)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I traded an '05 TSX for the RDX - needed more room for gear. Not only is the RDX just the right size, it's actually MORE fun to drive!! The SH-AWD system produces such grip and control that it almost feels like you're driving a sports car. I've had no problems/repairs, the mileage is acceptable for an SUV (about 21 mpg), and the fun factor is a 10! The ride is firm, but comfortable. The interior is great (and versatile), the technology package is great.

Fun to drive but not impressed!
By dk168 on 10/24/07 22:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Have had the car for almost a year now. Not impressed by Acura’s quality. Dashboard started to rattle after four months of having the car; now is getting worse, both corners rattle at cooler temperature. Even the sunroof rattles during bumpy road. Turbo lag is definitely noticeable at low RPM with A/C on. I have to put the gear in the Sport mode to minimize the turbo lag when traffic is in a stop-and-go condition; this seems to help. Ride is a little stiff (comments given by everyone who had ridden in my car). Poor gas mileage. I am getting averaged 18 MPG with roughly 60% hwy and 40% surface street driving. Okay, with all the negatives mentioned, I must say the car is a fun car to drive.

Engine troubles are a surprise
By CD on 10/18/07 17:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love everything about this car except that I have been into the shop with engine troubles about every 2-3 weeks. The engine will suddenly rev uncontrollably and the turbo has stopped working 3 times. This car is downright dangerous to drive without the turbo support to get you moving. The dealer hasn't been able to figure out what is wrong yet -- just keeps erasing the codes which make the problems go away for a short while. Sadly, it's time for a trade-in after only 5 months. So much for Acura quality, which is one of the main reasons I traded in my Saab 9-5 for this.

"A Well Kept Secret"
By J. Wood on 10/17/07 09:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I knew this was the car for me the first time I test drove it. I tried other small SUVs in this range, i.e, Lexus, Murano, and there was no comparison. This car has a solid compact feeling. I was not aware of this car. Someone talked me into seeing it. It's a quality car and handles well in bad road conditions (heavy rain storms and wind). I love the turbo power when I need to accelerate in traffic. The interior is classy & the techology is state of the art. I highly recommend this car. It's fun to drive - I look forward to driving everyday.

Love this vehicle
By kcosta on 10/11/07 12:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My husband needed a new car for work to haul people around. This vehicle is what we were looking for. It has enough luxury to impress but is still not over the top. Great performance. Although it is small, it is spacious inside. After getting used to a WRX we wanted something that did not lack in the performance department but didn't break the bank. This vehicle is perfect.

Had questions initially
By CAS on 10/07/07 13:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Had initial questions primarily due to problems with bluetooth, poor gas mileage and limited carrying capacity. But now after several trips and three defective cell phones, believe I made the right choice in the RDX. Gas mileage on last trip was over 24 mpg, seems to improve with each trip. City is routinely 17 mpg. 4th cell phone was the charm, bluetooth now works flawlessly. Love the hard rear deck when using as a sedan, and sport handling is terrific. Wife's Infiniti M35 screen graphics for navigation and rear camera is sharper and clearer, but after looking at several competitors, all have some compromises, but like RDX the best.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.