2007 Acura RDX Consumer Review: 2007 Acura RDX w/ Technology P

2007 Acura RDX - Consumer Review

2007 Acura RDX w/ Technology Package
By T. Gray on

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The is my first ownership of an SUV, a term I generally despise being somewhat of a car snob. I've owned Acura sedans before, the last being a 2004 TL, so I was mildly skeptical that the RDX could provide the comfort and performance of the TL. This vehicle redefines for me the term sport ute. The straight line performance, particularly while using the paddle shifters, is the equal of the more powerful V6 TL once you get used to the mild turbo lag on initial throttle tip in. And the RDX's handling actually outperforms the TL on my favorite two-lane country roads and city round-abouts.

The so-called Super Handling All Wheel Drive lives up to its name. Fantastic stability and confidence-inspiring handling. Add the benefit of superior wet road handling in my rainy climate and I couldn't be happier. The stereo rivals the best I've experienced in a motor vehicle.

The stiff ride is definitely an acquired taste, no doubt the payment for superior handling. I added the under bumper front spoiler to lessen the all-lips-no-chin look of the face. The stereo controls are difficult to use without taking your eyes off the road... very un-Honda like.