Used 2007 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Rdx - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura RDX SUV

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Perfection
By Michael

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I am a young single male who works hard and plays hard. From what I have read that was the market segment Acura was hoping to target. They definitely hit the nail on the head with the RDX. This car fits my lifestyle perfectly. Whether it's a night out on the town with friends, a business luncheon, or a snowboarding trip up north, the RDX handles all of my needs flawlessly. I was concerned about how fun it would be to drive since I was coming from a sports car, but boy was I wrong. This car is such a treat to drive, it doesn't matter where you are going. It's fun, comfortable, and has great features. This is one of the first cars I have owned that doesn't have a single rattle or squeak.

Favorite Features

You simply must get the technology package. I cannot fathom owning the RDX without it. One of my favorite features is the voice activation. Everything on this car becomes voice activated with the tech package! My friends still cannot get over it. I also love the audio system. It's one of the best!

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if gas mileage was a little better, especially for somebody like me with a heavy foot. My only other complaint is the front grille. It allows air to travel straight to the top mount intercooler for the turbo. It also makes your engine really dirty. I guess I'm just a neat freak.

super
By acurardx2

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Plain super, I love the vehicle. I was contemplating between fully loaded RAV4 and BMW X3. I am glad that I test drove RDX, within minutes I was certain that I was going to buy RDX. Turbo engine gives great accelaration, which I like better than v6 of RAV4. You get a feel of road while driving this suv which is very much like x3. RDX definitely score big points on style (interior and exterior). I have driven this car in lots of snow and icy conditions, Acura's SH AWD and Vehicle Stability Assistant provides super handling. I love driving this so much that I kinda want to be on road all the time.

Favorite Features

Interior design, SH AWD, turbo charged engine.

Awesome vehicle
By mlb11

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've owned the RDX for a month now and I still can't wait to drive it - I look for excuses. It handles magnificently and the turbo provides impressive power. Interior fit and finish is top notch and the seats are comfortable. When cruising at 80 it feels like you're doing 50 because it is so quiet and refined (the 4-cyl is only tach'ing 2800 at 80mph). Great handling and cornering as well with a ride that makes you feel in control. Driven it in two snowstorms and the SH-AWD & VSA performed excellently, keeping the car straight and in control.

Favorite Features

Handling, power, turbo boost, interior controls, stereo sound, plays mp3 cds, exterior fit and finish, HID low beams.

Suggested Improvements

Memory driver seat, bluetooth on base model, center console lid opens to allow access for passenger.

Mileage no hassle
By Baldegl

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Averaging almost 20 mpg on first tank including urban Chicago driving and expressways. Handling very much on par with an X-3 and feels a little quicker and certainly more opulently finished interior. The 4 cylinder is surprisingly responsive. Feels faster on than the 2005 RL we traded even though comparable weights.

Favorite Features

Nav, radio and XM traffic are all great. Pep, handling and braking are all superlative for a small SUV. Fit and finish are high end. Great interior storage.

Suggested Improvements

Skimped on a few features like memory seats and auto headlights.

The Best Ever!
By CJ

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is our 3rd Acura & is the best and our favorite one to date! This car is simply awesome! The AWD in the snow and ice is amazing. The features and comfort of this car are excellent. This car is luxury, drives like a sports car and has the utility of a SUV.

Favorite Features

Heated seats & mirrors, paddle shifters, turbo, styling, stereo and comfort.