2007 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
Car of the Year 2007
By Fast Freddy on 09/24/06 14:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have had my RDX for 3 weeks. It drives excellently. Acura is #1 in technology and luxury. Drive this SUV and fall in love with it.

Great new SUV
By Pacific on 09/22/06 19:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Just a great car, and an even better value. Very quick, responsive and fun to drive. Have put over 2000 miles on it in less than a month while averaging a shade less than 22 MPG. No Turbo lag at all. The gadgets are great especially the superb audio system, the rear camera, the voice activated controls and the traffic info. Acuras have always been reliable and I expect no difference here.

It's a great little SUV
By Stevie on 09/21/06 17:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I am very impressed and happy about this little car. Fun to drive and a lot of power for a 4-cylinder car. The Turbo really makes the difference. The fuel economy for the first 2 tanks of gasoline is not good, then as the car breaks-in, the mileage gets better. Nicely made and stylish. Love it.

The TRUTH about the gas mileage
By Cdangelo on 09/20/06 10:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I don't know how people are reporting milage in the 12-14 mpg range. I drove an RDX from Albany, NY to Utica, NY and got 24 mpg with the cruise set at 70 mph. This past weekend, on a trip to the lake, I got 20.7 avg. I was going through the mountains. In order to get 12-14 mpg, a person must be mashing to pedal and driving on the turbo constantly. Also, the rear seats DO fold down, so who ever said they didn't, must not own the vehicle which they posted a review about.

Awesome High Tech SUV
By Lewis on 09/18/06 03:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had my RDX for two weeks and love it! It's plenty powerful, has loads of futuristic technology, including a voice recognition system which works very well, and is lots of fun to drive. I'm getting 23 comfortable miles per gallon around town and on the highway. I looked at other SUVs and was impressed with the Acura's quality, performance and high tech features.

One Terrific Small SUV
By Tom from New Jersey on 09/12/06 13:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I wanted a small but very luxious SUV and the Acura RDX is the answer. I've owned my RDX for two weeks and I couldn't be happier. I was a little skeptical of going back to a 4 cylinder engine (even though I had owned many 4 cylinder cars in the past) since many newer small SUVs have 6s in them. However, so far I am thrilled with the performance. I have 450 miles on the car and have been averaging better than 22 miles per gallon. The quality of construction and interior cockpit materials are top notch. I highly recommend this car if you want a superior small SUV with far more in the way of goodies (I have the technology package) than the BMW X-3 for about $4000 less in price.

No Compromise
By SyracuseAcura on 09/09/06 08:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

After extensive driving I noted that the RDX really shines in a wide range of driving scenarios. The rear seats DO fold down for a very flexible interior and abundant cargo room. The car actually gets quieter over the break in period and it is a vehicle that definitely grows on you. The performance and handling is impressive for a sport sedan let alone an SUV. Get one and have fun.

All I can say is WOW!
By Andy on 09/07/06 22:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

From the first moment I test drove this vehicle I was very impressed. It's amazing how much HP a 4 cylinder with a turbo can give you and not to mention the decent gas mileage. The handle on this vehicle is awesome compared to other small suvs thanks to its sh-awd.

13.65 MPG
By betsy_me on 09/05/06 05:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Car is great BUT gas mileage is terrible. Dealer says to wait until 2000 miles before bringing it in, but we have 1300 miles on it coming back from a trip north, and we cannot break 14 MPG. Most of the drive was highway.

Bad gas mileage
By Alex Harris on 09/04/06 14:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The gas mileage on this car is horrific. The EPA is 19/23 but thus far we have had no tank higher than 13 MPG and our average is 12.8 MPG. I took the car to the dealer and they said that "the gas mileage on the RDX isn't great". Wow is that an understatement. If I had known that the mileage would be this bad I would never have purchased this car. The car is great otherwise, but it only takes premium gasoline and the gas costs are now more than double my prior car (a V6 Honda Accord). I am really disappointed that Acura put this car out with such bad gas mileage and there's no way out now, I estimate that my additional annual gas costs will be about $2500 per year, which is insane.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.