Used 2007 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Finally a Fun to Drive SUV
By steve v

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I was so hesitant to look at the RDX after I read all of the reviews about it being too bumpy of a ride with lots of wind noise. Coming from a truck based sport utility, this car screams luxury and comfort. The console is amazing and offers every amenity you can think of plus all of the gee-whiz gadgetry that appeal to the 30-something market. The stereo system is the best out there as well as the navigation package. The car handles the road like a sports car and fields the bumps just fine with minimal wind noise. If you are looking for a pillowy ride to tote your kids around this isnít it. You just need to drive it for yourself to find out if it is a fit for you and your family.

Tons of technology, stereo, fit and finish, overall ride.

More cargo space.

Awesome Crossover !
By John K.

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This Crossover SUV is a blast to drive. I think its the best value in its class. This was designed to compete with BMW's X3 and does so quite nicely. Similarly equipped you would have to spend about $8,000 more if you opted for the BMW. The Acura has a well crafted interior that is is full of luxury. The handling is extremely sporty, it drives a lot like a sedan with all the great features of having a SUV. I have noticed some negative reviews regarding gas mileage, feeling bumps etc... It seems to me those people don't have common sense. If you want a crossover with sports car like handling and performance, you will give up some gas mileage and cushyness on the road.

Sportscar-like handling, turbo, Super Handling All-Wheel Drive, plush interior. Competitively priced versus comp., Acura/Honda reliability.

A little less road noise. Reduce cost for Tech Package.

Black thunder!
By Jappi

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Honestly, I was never even considering a Japanese SUV until I took the RDX for a test spin. I love the zero to 60 in 6.8 secs, SH-AWD (it truly works!), no-lag turbo. The RDX V4 Turbo is as good as any V6 guzzler SUV you see in the market, even better in some sense. And not to mention, the tech features are just fabulous. Everything works great. The RDX handles way better than BMW X3. And come on, the luxury and reliability of Acura can never be beat. The pricing is too good as well. And the best thing, the car is going to tell me when it needs servicing. Until then, I dont even need to take it to the service guys. How cool is that?! Go Acura!

Turbo with no lag - handles like a car. SH-AWD handling in winding hilly roads of California. Acura Navigation Link System. The 5.1 Channel Surround DVD-A System. High reliability. It has the best luxury to price to pride-of-ownership ratio.

Driver memory settings and preference memory. Power passenger seat. Auto headlights. Tail lights could be LED. Auto-dimming rearview mirror.

Fun on wheels
By Tom's RDX

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Love this SUV/Car. Technology packed in the car for the price is outstanding. Stereo is best I've ever heard in a car. Incredible handling in the snow. 4000+ miles now, and each mile makes me happier I purchased the RDX. Drives like a sports car, without the cramped seats and crappy ride.

Nav package is outstanding. Stereo sound is 10+, AWD handling fantastic, especially in snow.

More lighting in liftgate space. Power passenger seat. Rearview mirror with auto night mode.

Perfection
By Michael

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I am a young single male who works hard and plays hard. From what I have read that was the market segment Acura was hoping to target. They definitely hit the nail on the head with the RDX. This car fits my lifestyle perfectly. Whether it's a night out on the town with friends, a business luncheon, or a snowboarding trip up north, the RDX handles all of my needs flawlessly. I was concerned about how fun it would be to drive since I was coming from a sports car, but boy was I wrong. This car is such a treat to drive, it doesn't matter where you are going. It's fun, comfortable, and has great features. This is one of the first cars I have owned that doesn't have a single rattle or squeak.

You simply must get the technology package. I cannot fathom owning the RDX without it. One of my favorite features is the voice activation. Everything on this car becomes voice activated with the tech package! My friends still cannot get over it. I also love the audio system. It's one of the best!

It would be nice if gas mileage was a little better, especially for somebody like me with a heavy foot. My only other complaint is the front grille. It allows air to travel straight to the top mount intercooler for the turbo. It also makes your engine really dirty. I guess I'm just a neat freak.

• SUV