Used 2007 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Great SUV!
By dfjcu1979

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I just bought my RDX a week ago and love it thus far. I originally thought I was going to buy an MDX but after driving both, I prefered the way the RDX handled and I do not need the extra room that the MDX has. Mileage is ok, been getting an overall average of 19 mpg, this should improve after a couple thousand miles. I was concerned about going to a 4 cylinder from my 06 TL. This vehicle has plenty pickup and absolutely no turbo lag. The engine is rather quiet too from the inside, as opposed to how noisy it is on the TSX.

Tech package is a must! Nav package is great and back-up camera works pretty well. Sound system is great! I recommend getting the auto dimming mirror, rear area rubber tray and the rear bumper appliqué to help prevent scratches from the bumper when loading/unloading.

Auto headlamps, bi-level xenons as opposed to only having low beam xenon with halogen high beam, auto dimming mirror, power passenger seat with lumbar support, ventilated seats (Acura doesn't offer this yet).

Change is Good!
By Rob

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

After driving a large SUV for the last four years, I am thrilled to be behind the wheel of a new RDX! I am thoroughly enjoying the superb handling as well as all of the amenities that come standard and those that are part of the tech package. For the extra cost, the navigation and voice command functions are easy to grasp and make the entire driving experience even more exciting. As a father who runs many errands with my son, I am pleased with the size of the RDX as it has plenty of interior room and is comfortable for back seat adults as well. Thus far, there is nothing about the RDX that I do not like. Definitely a welcomed change!

The handling is outstanding as is the sound system with the tech package. One touch voice commands make changing the climate and XM radio stations easy. All of the features combine to make each trip, no matter the length, exciting. Driving is no longer a chore, it is a pleasure.

Power passenger seat and rear A/C vents.

Great Value
By Lori

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car 4 months ago and love it! Quality materials and construction inside and out. This car feels more luxurious than many of the higher priced cars I drove and has so many more features when you add the Tech Package (totally worth the added expense, especially if you spend a lot of time on the road). I use the Bluetooth, the voice commands, and the Navi-traffic on every trip. Gas mileage could be better. My overall MPG (for 6000 miles) is 22.5. Not great when I compare it to my old Honda CRV, but is still better than I expected. To sum it up, if gas mileage is your primary concern, stick with the CRV or go to a sedan. Otherwise, you really can't go wrong with the RDX.

Great interior design (ergonomic). Technology package. Overall quality. Zippy engine. Nice sound system.

Improve gas mileage. Auto-dimming mirror would be nice. Power passenger seat. Remote back hatch? (Can't find a button.) Oh, and I would love power cooling seats for the summer.

Very Nice Vehicle
By kenjr

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Drove home with the RDX w/Tech a few days ago and am absolutely loving this vehicle. The common complaints are gas mileage and bumpy ride but those are VERY easy to overlook with all of the other great features of this vehicle. The ride isn't THAT bumpy, but it certainly is a little rough. Freeway driving is very nice and I'm averaging about 18-19 on my first tank of gas with a good mix of city/frwy. My wife will probably get better MPG as she doesn't have a lead foot like I do. Overall, great value - tech package is amazing... best on the market (and I'm a geek) without question. Build quality is solid with a lot of little cool features.

Tech package without question - voice command is spot on, bluetooth with my Treo 700w works great. Fold down backseat and easy open trunk (can open with your pinky finger) are very nice for my wife. Price is very competetive - I was lucky to get fleet pricing so great deal for me.

Put a V6 in this thing and work on 22-25 MPG for a vehicle in this class. Premium fuel isn't a huge deal as with the miles I drive it equates to maybe a couple hundred extra per year in fuel costs. Memory seats, power passenger seat, auto headlights and keyless ignition would all be nice.

Acura has done it again!
By I love Acura

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I can't say enough about the new RDX! I absolutely love this vehicle! This is my 4th Acura and they keep getting better. Everyone interested in an SUV should put this on their list! Once they drive it, they won't be looking anywhere else!

Everything is fabulous but the radio automatically turns down when the vehicle slows down. Cool!

Offer a manual transmission!

• SUV