Used 2007 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Rdx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Acura has done it again!
By I love Acura

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I can't say enough about the new RDX! I absolutely love this vehicle! This is my 4th Acura and they keep getting better. Everyone interested in an SUV should put this on their list! Once they drive it, they won't be looking anywhere else!

Favorite Features

Everything is fabulous but the radio automatically turns down when the vehicle slows down. Cool!

Suggested Improvements

Offer a manual transmission!

Finally a Fun to Drive SUV
By steve v

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I was so hesitant to look at the RDX after I read all of the reviews about it being too bumpy of a ride with lots of wind noise. Coming from a truck based sport utility, this car screams luxury and comfort. The console is amazing and offers every amenity you can think of plus all of the gee-whiz gadgetry that appeal to the 30-something market. The stereo system is the best out there as well as the navigation package. The car handles the road like a sports car and fields the bumps just fine with minimal wind noise. If you are looking for a pillowy ride to tote your kids around this isnít it. You just need to drive it for yourself to find out if it is a fit for you and your family.

Favorite Features

Tons of technology, stereo, fit and finish, overall ride.

Suggested Improvements

More cargo space.

Awesome Crossover !
By John K.

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This Crossover SUV is a blast to drive. I think its the best value in its class. This was designed to compete with BMW's X3 and does so quite nicely. Similarly equipped you would have to spend about $8,000 more if you opted for the BMW. The Acura has a well crafted interior that is is full of luxury. The handling is extremely sporty, it drives a lot like a sedan with all the great features of having a SUV. I have noticed some negative reviews regarding gas mileage, feeling bumps etc... It seems to me those people don't have common sense. If you want a crossover with sports car like handling and performance, you will give up some gas mileage and cushyness on the road.

Favorite Features

Sportscar-like handling, turbo, Super Handling All-Wheel Drive, plush interior. Competitively priced versus comp., Acura/Honda reliability.

Suggested Improvements

A little less road noise. Reduce cost for Tech Package.

Black thunder!
By Jappi

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Honestly, I was never even considering a Japanese SUV until I took the RDX for a test spin. I love the zero to 60 in 6.8 secs, SH-AWD (it truly works!), no-lag turbo. The RDX V4 Turbo is as good as any V6 guzzler SUV you see in the market, even better in some sense. And not to mention, the tech features are just fabulous. Everything works great. The RDX handles way better than BMW X3. And come on, the luxury and reliability of Acura can never be beat. The pricing is too good as well. And the best thing, the car is going to tell me when it needs servicing. Until then, I dont even need to take it to the service guys. How cool is that?! Go Acura!

Favorite Features

Turbo with no lag - handles like a car. SH-AWD handling in winding hilly roads of California. Acura Navigation Link System. The 5.1 Channel Surround DVD-A System. High reliability. It has the best luxury to price to pride-of-ownership ratio.

Suggested Improvements

Driver memory settings and preference memory. Power passenger seat. Auto headlights. Tail lights could be LED. Auto-dimming rearview mirror.

Fun on wheels
By Tom's RDX

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Love this SUV/Car. Technology packed in the car for the price is outstanding. Stereo is best I've ever heard in a car. Incredible handling in the snow. 4000+ miles now, and each mile makes me happier I purchased the RDX. Drives like a sports car, without the cramped seats and crappy ride.

Favorite Features

Nav package is outstanding. Stereo sound is 10+, AWD handling fantastic, especially in snow.

Suggested Improvements

More lighting in liftgate space. Power passenger seat. Rearview mirror with auto night mode.