2007 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
Fun to drive, poor mpg
By k on 10/06/06 02:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Great pickup and handling for an SUV. The tech gadgets are fun. My first tank of gas gave me 16 mpg - my Porsche gets 19 mpg combo and 27 mpg freeway. It makes me wonder what Acura was thinking when they designed this engine. If the mpg doesn't go near the lowest stated mpg after break-in, then there is a problem.

Technology is fun
By NYC=Fun on 10/04/06 18:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

It's not often that I take the time to write about anything, however this crossover with the Tech. Package is a must. I have a Lexus RX and it doesn't hold a candle to the RDX. If you are looking for a sport car/suv you must test drive this one. You will be sold.

RDX
By Dan on 10/04/06 12:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I wanted a sports car but needed the room of an SUV. It performs like a sports car with agility, quickness and handling but offers more comfort than a sports car. I evaluated the competitors but they could not compare for the difference in price. I am satisfied!

Great car but 18 MPG
By drtimko on 10/03/06 21:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Great car and just bought it last week. I use it for business as a home care doctor, but 18 MPG is killing me. The ride is great and acceleration is awesome with turbo. The seats are a hard ride and wish they were softer. Great interior look. Best car in mini SUV category for the money. Drove a 3 series BMW last car and this car handles very well. Bluetooth not compatible with most Sprint phones. That needs to be updated because Sprint big in my area.

Great Car
By Bill on 10/03/06 20:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Having driven Audi A8s for the last 9 years, I was a bit daunted by the thought of going to a smallish SUV. But I wanted something smaller and better suited to a less formal lifestyle, and the RDX fit the bill. It is one great car! Handling, performance, all are great. The Technology Package is fantastic - voice recognition commands make using the Nav system a piece of cake. And the sound system is the best I have ever heard in a car - it will blow you away, literally. The XM radio is also super - digital surround sound must be heard to be believed.

Base 2007 Acura RDX (CAN)
By NemoUmbra on 09/28/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Car drives nicely although the sportier ride can be a bit too harsh at times for normal day to day driving. Gas mileage has been quite reasonable (12.3L/100km or 19.1 mpg) but I've had to watch the turbo indicator to use the turbo as little as possible. Hills seem to make the turbo kick in quite a bit as expected which really drains the gas quite quickly. Cruising at relatively high speeds while feathering the gas to keep up with traffic seems to make the turbo kick in oddly causing seemingly choppy driving. Blind spots are quite minimal as the mirrors and small size help counteract this.

WWWWOOOOOOWWWWWWWW
By Wedgebolt on 09/28/06 09:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I went in to the dealership just looking to test drive the RDX and ended taking one home. The RDX drives more like a sports car and I had to catch myself this morning when I was doing 90 mph without even feeling like I was speeding. Interior is well constructed but I feel like I am in a spaceship with all the buttons and features on this vehicle.

Great Crossover SUV
By TColeman on 09/27/06 20:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife wanted her latest vehicle to be an SUV. After looking at a few and noting the sticker price, we decided to test drive the RDX. Hands down it drove and felt better than a Toyota Highlander and Mazda CX-7. The engine has plenty of pep, the interior has plenty of luxury, and the Tech package has plenty of toys. The HandsFree Link for a Bluetooth phone works great and the voice-activate NAV system is impressive...lots of voice commands to learn. No problems with gas mileage. We are very pleased with our first venture into a luxury line of automobiles.

My First SUV
By Ed in Illinois on 09/27/06 10:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my 1st SUV and my 1st Acura. I couldn't be happier. The car is a blast to drive (love the turbo) and handles great. I wanted an AWD for the northern IL winters and the SH-AWD should be perfect. Interior looks and feels very nice and quality is heads above other SUVs that I test drove. The sound system is the biggest suprise. I read how good it was, but you cannot believe it until you actually hear it. The DVD-nav works great and helped me avoid a traffic jam driving home from the dealer the day I bought it. Highly recommended car.

Awesome, BUT missing a few critical options
By CJ on 09/25/06 07:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Ok, if you have not driven an RDX, go do it now. This is an awesome machine. Yes you will feel a turbo lag from a dead stop, but you will be amazed how much power this little engine has, it really moves well. The SH-AWD is just incredible, I took curves at 65 mph and you can see on the display which wheel is getting power, it is simply amazing. I love all the tech gadgets, I am a gadget freak. BUT THERE ARE TWO THINGS THAT I WISH THEY CAN FIX.... one, NO MEMORY SEATS, what's up with that, this is a LUXURY brands, PLEASE give us memory driver's seat. NO AC VENTS for the poor people in the back. Come on!!! a chevy has that. Why can't Acura match the pwhite bumper to the white body.UGH

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.